We've been doing ours with powdered peanut butter (fewer calories after it's rehydrated than regular PB), chia seeds, plain greek yogurt, almond milk, a little vanilla extract and some splenda. Keeps me full for far longer than most breakfasts do.

We've been doing ours with powdered peanut butter (fewer calories after it's rehydrated than regular PB), chia seeds, plain greek yogurt, almond milk, a little vanilla extract and some splenda. Keeps me full for far longer than most breakfasts do.

Throw some frozen berries in there, so so so so so so good.

Love the powdered PB in it though, the PB2 brand is still the best from the 3 or so I've tried.

Love the powdered PB in it though, the PB2 brand is still the best from the 3 or so I've tried.

PB2 is life. Truly.

I don't know how I forgot that, but we've been putting frozen raspberries in there. They're the best part! And yeah, we've been using PB2.

PB2 is life. Truly.

I love it on sandwiches, just literally mix the sugar free jelly with it, yum.

I don't know how I forgot that, but we've been putting frozen raspberries in there. They're the best part! And yeah, we've been using PB2.

Raspberries are definitely my favorite so far, though if you like banana, smash one up with a fork and put it in there overnight. OH MY.

Frozen raspberries work really well. I think it was Ricky who said if first, they almost melt into the oatmeal.

Conversely, fresh blueberries work way better than frozen ones.

And smashed banana is delicious (and goes great with the PB2), the more you can stir it into the oatmeal. I like using over ripe bananas for this, but in a pinch on Monday night, I used a fresh one and peeled it and left it out on the counter for an hour or so before smashing it.

I also tried a cinnamon and almond one, but it felt like it was missing something, like apples. Headed out apple picking this weekend, so I'll be smashing one to add to this mix for next week.

Jman - Do you have any good WW friendly Overnight oat recipes to share? I only get 26pts in a day, so breakfast needs to be 6pts or less.

Jman - Do you have any good WW friendly Overnight oat recipes to share? I only get 26pts in a day, so breakfast needs to be 6pts or less.

I need a healthy option too. All the recipes I have found have way too much sweet to them.

think I might start doing this to eat for breakfast at work.

Really need to start eating better and eating 3 small meals a day instead of snacking and eating a huge dinner. But this sounds perfect as I can just make it the night before and then throw it in the lunch box in the morning.

Thanks to the fruit being 0, its pretty easy to stay tasty and hit that mark.

My main one (though I do add more oats sometimes because I've got a ton of points to play with) is:

1/2 c Oats - 2pt
1/2 c Greek Yogurt - 2pt
1/2 c Unsweet Almond Milk - 0-1 pt
2 tbs - PB2 (reg or chocolate) - 1 pt (Amanda prefers cocoa powder - 1 tbs - 0 pt)

The key to keeping points down with it for me is using powdered splenda for the sweetener, no funky taste, works excellently, and no points. Just takes a couple times to find your prefered sweetness (I use 5 tsp).

Then whatever frozen fruit (or non frozen - I love a smashed up banana and a bit of vanilla in mine sometimes) goes in there too but is 0.

James,

A little OT, but I love regular PB2. Is the chocolate good as well?

Thanks to the fruit being 0, its pretty easy to stay tasty and hit that mark.

My main one (though I do add more oats sometimes because I've got a ton of points to play with) is:

1/2 c Oats - 2pt
1/2 c Greek Yogurt - 2pt
1/2 c Unsweet Almond Milk - 0-1 pt
2 tbs - PB2 (reg or chocolate) - 1 pt (Amanda prefers cocoa powder - 1 tbs - 0 pt)

The key to keeping points down with it for me is using powdered splenda for the sweetener, no funky taste, works excellently, and no points. Just takes a couple times to find your prefered sweetness (I use 5 tsp).

Then whatever frozen fruit (or non frozen - I love a smashed up banana and a bit of vanilla in mine sometimes) goes in there too but is 0.

Thanks James! I think I need to give in a buy a tub of greek yogurt. I always knew that's what was missing from my oats, I was just trying to avoid the dairy.

1/2 cup oats is really only 2pts? My app says it's 4 pts, but I am not sure if that is the old points plus system and the new one is less now.

Thanks James! I think I need to give in a buy a tub of greek yogurt. I always knew that's what was missing from my oats, I was just trying to avoid the dairy.

1/2 cup oats is really only 2pts? My app says it's 4 pts, but I am not sure if that is the old points plus system and the new one is less now.

AH! I forgot about the dairy thing!

No, you are right, I looked at the wrong recipe bc I make Amandas with only 1/4c.

1/2c oats - 4
1/2c greek - 1
1/2c unsweet almond - 0
2 tbs PB2 - 1 pt

Double checked this time!

James,

A little OT, but I love regular PB2. Is the chocolate good as well?

I like it a lot for a change of pace. Amanda prefers it.

Also, GG, check out some of the recipes out there that actually use a smashed banana instead of greek yogurt, might be a thought?

No, you are right, I looked at the wrong recipe bc I make Amandas with only 1/4c.

1/2c oats - 4
1/2c greek - 1
1/2c unsweet almond - 0
2 tbs PB2 - 1 pt

I always thought the milk was more, that being 0 (since I use unsweetened almond milk too) makes a big difference. I always did it with greek yogurt and it tasted way better so I am going to just buy a tub and try that again.

I like it a lot for a change of pace. Amanda prefers it.

Also, GG, check out some of the recipes out there that actually use a smashed banana instead of greek yogurt, might be a thought?

I am all about the smashed banana, I use that to make protein pancakes and it's awesome!

Where would you get PB2 at in the grocery store. I'm new to this whole eating healthy idea. Haha

Where would you get PB2 at in the grocery store. I'm new to this whole eating healthy idea. Haha
I actually get it at Target. I can never find it in my grocery store.

By the peanut butter. JIF actually has a version now that is solid too.

By the peanut butter. JIF actually has a version now that is solid too.

Yep that is where I found mine as well.

Amazon actually sells it as well with prime 2 day shipping

Yep that is where I found mine as well.

Amazon actually sells it as well with prime 2 day shipping
I saw that. might even go that route too along with some other items I might find for cheap.

Thanks guys for the help!

1/2c oats - 4
1/2c greek - 1
1/2c unsweet almond - 0
2 tbs PB2 - 1 pt

Is this figured with the NEW Points system I'm seeing advertised on tv now?

Silk has some really good yogurt out there now that is dairy free. I gave up dairy a while back because it was just killing me, so finding an option for yogurt without it has been awesome.

Try some good Almond Butter as a substitute as well. The PB2 mixed with protein shakes and what not was decent, but good Almond Butter for me is a much better alternative.

Try some good Almond Butter as a substitute as well. The PB2 mixed with protein shakes and what not was decent, but good Almond Butter for me is a much better alternative.
I'm a big fan of almond butter as well. I'll give both a try and see which I like best. thanks

Back