The Car Shopping Thread

No 1.6, 1.9, or 2.0 love? :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We only get the 2.0T here in Canada. Wouldn't touch that engine haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We have a 2011 Odyssey. Wife was crying when I traded in her Lexus Rx350. It was just too small with two kids and all the gear associated with it. We had an aftermarket dual headrest DVD players installed in the Odyssey. Amazing how those will keep the kids occupied for those long trips. Plenty of space and great interstate milage (on my first drive to FL from MD, I drove to Orlando filling up only once along the way (wife wasn't paying attention and ran the tank down to 0, lol)). Full tank when I left MD. Still, I was shocked as I got about 540 miles out of the tank with a totally full trunk area.

My wife currently drives a Lincoln MKX. She says that she would love a mini van because it's designed for families with kids...storage and ease of access. I'm sure when we're ready for one, DVD and dropdown screen will be a must.

I want a Lincoln MKC.

Ah yeah, understood.
We only get the 2.0T here in Canada. Wouldn't touch that engine haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I want a Lincoln MKC.

Are you driving a non-Ford vehicle at this time? If so, I have a special PIN available to grant anyone employee pricing! I used to only be able to give employee pricing to immediate family, but I have 1 available for anyone. Let me know if you want a brand new Lincoln MKC! (ends Feb 29th)

I want a Lincoln MKC.

I told ya dude.
Freaking love my MKZ and GG will have the MKZ soon.

We will buy one year old like we did with my car, because the turn in will have about 6k miles only and an extended warranty. Mine is good till 2019 and only had 6400 miles on it.

I told ya dude.
Freaking love my MKZ and GG will have the MKZ soon.

We will buy one year old like we did with my car, because the turn in will have about 6k miles only and an extended warranty. Mine is good till 2019 and only had 6400 miles on it.

That is awesome... two beautiful options right there!

Lincoln is really stepping up their game and I believe heading in the right direction (I might be biased because I work for Ford/Lincoln though ;-))

That is awesome... two beautiful options right there!

Lincoln is really stepping up their game and I believe heading in the right direction (I might be biased because I work for Ford/Lincoln though ;-))

I have loved the MKZ since the last model when it was really still a zephyr.
The new model I was convinced I would look like MM and GG was very happy about that. :D

When we bought mine, the MKC was being rolled out and we saw one and both thought it was the best looking model in its class by a landslide and the typical Lincoln features just make us want it more. Remote start, no gas cap, etc. Just so many things that once you have you dont want to be without.

My wife currently drives a Lincoln MKX. She says that she would love a mini van because it's designed for families with kids...storage and ease of access. I'm sure when we're ready for one, DVD and dropdown screen will be a must.

Yep, it will be. The only way to keep your sanity on those long trips with the kids :D Even the kids complain if I have to drive them in my Lexus. They much prefer the Odyssey. Sliding doors is a godsend but make sure you get POWERED sliding doors. My neighbor purchased the very basic Odyssey with manual sliding doors. Told her that was a big mistake as it's one of the key features (ie you don't have to get out to let your kids out or shut the door behind them). 4 months later I see her driving a new Odyssey, this time with the power doors. Small things like that make a big difference.

MKC's are very nice looking! Glad Lincoln/Ford stepped up their game with that line. It wallowed a bit there rehashing Ford models with only minor styling changes and small engine tweaks.

Waiting for the soon to be released Cadillac XT5 !

2017-xt5-overview-masthead-1280x353.jpg

Kinda random question, but does anyone else make sure their golf clubs fit in the trunk comfortably (only applies to coupes/sedans) before even going further with considering buying? I really like to be able to lay my bag horizontally from taillight to taillight so I have room behind it. I feel like a lot of luxury car brands have small-ish trunks and sometimes both the back seats don't even fold down. I love my Ford Fusion b/c it can do all the above and obv. is the car I wanted. However in the next year or two I will be looking for a new daily and have my eye on a '10-'12 Audi S4 Prestige, would really like to have the same trunk room like my Fusion.

Remote start, no gas cap, etc. Just so many things that once you have you dont want to be without.
No kidding…when I bought my Explorer in 2013, it was the no gas cap thing that sold me.…

So thought I narrowed it down go Golf or a3, but suddenly the 2015 focus has caught my eye. Looked at Fiesta ST's, but the lady friend isn't big on driving a stick (ugh).

Golf - love the updated look and interiors, either Mk6 or Mk7, but diesel for sure.

A3 - awd, which is pretty big for both of us as she works 100km away 3 days per week and I travel the same route twice per week. Only issue is the not so great fuel economy.

Focus - value, value, value.

The Focus ST is an awesome car, I had one for my work car for about 8 months and LOVED it....but it's a 6 speed. The regular Focus is still a nice option, and good on fuel. I would note that the trunk in the hatchback option won't fit you clubs really well. At least in the ST I had, that meant removing all of woods and setting my set in diagonally and laying the woods on top of the clubs.

Ghost, I have owned a 2013 golf comfortline for two years and am just over a year with a focus SE, I can answer if you have any specific questions about them, even if they are a bit older models.

to me the golf is head and shoulders above the focus in pretty much every category. looks are a wash imo, my wife prefers the Focus and I prefer the golf, but everything else, goes to the Golf. 6.7 l/100 to 7.3 for the focus. (bare in mind, I had the old 2.5 liter, they say the new engines are even better) comfort, driving pleasure, visibility etc

clubs wont fin in any of their trunks.

No kidding…when I bought my Explorer in 2013, it was the no gas cap thing that sold me.…

yeah its trivial but very nice. I get irritated when i have to remove the cap from my wife's hyundai now

Between that and pushing a button to put it into gear, and I dont think I can go back. Then add the comfort of the seats and the smooth and quiet ride of the Lincoln and I am in love.

Kinda random question, but does anyone else make sure their golf clubs fit in the trunk comfortably (only applies to coupes/sedans) before even going further with considering buying? I really like to be able to lay my bag horizontally from taillight to taillight so I have room behind it. I feel like a lot of luxury car brands have small-ish trunks and sometimes both the back seats don't even fold down. I love my Ford Fusion b/c it can do all the above and obv. is the car I wanted. However in the next year or two I will be looking for a new daily and have my eye on a '10-'12 Audi S4 Prestige, would really like to have the same trunk room like my Fusion.

My clubs (barely) fit in the back in my car (I drive a MINI) - but it was one of the things I checked when I bought my car. Luckily, I had my clubs in the back. I usually lay the middle seat flat and put them in that way - all of the seats fold fully flat, independently so it's not so big an issue.

My clubs (barely) fit in the back in my car (I drive a MINI) - but it was one of the things I checked when I bought my car. Luckily, I had my clubs in the back. I usually lay the middle seat flat and put them in that way - all of the seats fold fully flat, independently so it's not so big an issue.
I hear ya my parents use to own a Cooper S and would use it from time to time, had to put one back seat down and lay them vertically. One of my favorite features on my Fusion has got to be the exterior keypad, it sounded so stupid to me at first but I probably use it 75% of the time now. Especially when I golf, I leave my keys in the car since I don't want to lose them on the course.

I hear ya my parents use to own a Cooper S and would use it from time to time, had to put one back seat down and lay them vertically. One of my favorite features on my Fusion has got to be the exterior keypad, it sounded so stupid to me at first but I probably use it 75% of the time now. Especially when I golf, I leave my keys in the car since I don't want to lose them on the course.

I love the keypad so much I had it installed on the vehicles i have right now. I probably use it 99% of the time. I hate having keys in my pocket.

I don't worry about it. With folding seats I just lay them down and put the clubs in that way.

Yep I did. When I was looking at the second generation Infiniti g35 coupe, I brought my clubs into the dealership and tried to put them into the trunk. While they fit, you really need to lay them at an angle and I ended up having to still take the woods out.

No gas cap? Never seen that before!

Between that and pushing a button to put it into gear, and I dont think I can go back. Then add the comfort of the seats and the smooth and quiet ride of the Lincoln and I am in love.

What's you first take/opinion of the New Lincoln Continental they are bring back out? They are telling us that the luxury of this is going to be above all others even in the Lincoln lineup.

No gas cap? Never seen that before!

That's been standard equipment on Ford/Lincoln vehicles for a few years now...I THINK since 2009/2010 MY's, as I recall.

Back