Nike Vapor Fly Driver & Vapor Fly Pro Preview

This looks way better in those in hand shots than in the initial pressers. It's a little ostentatious, but it's a very nice color, and the design is a logical progression from the Vapor. And when I hear things like lower CG due to composites and higher launch, that makes me want to hit this bad!

I will be interested to see how that composite has affected the sound though. The Vapor Pro is one of the best sounding drivers I've hit, so I hope they've preserved that.

and they still have the best adapter in the business IMO.

Agree with this 1000%. Yes it changes shaft alignment a couple degrees, but it's so damn intuitive and has such a wide range.

I think Nike did a great job here. The color definitely let's you know what club it is. The blue and Volt is a great combination.

I feel that the major reason this club isn't getting the love (in the looks department) is because of the Swoosh. If that's a snake or chevron, I see it being well liked. Jmo of course

I see this opinion spans a couple threads now... Interesting.

The colour blue is basically the greatest thing ever. Combining it with "volt" or yellow or whatever that is, is a strange decision. Change it to black or white or grey and I am falling over my chair trying to get my hands on one to hit.... I just think the combo could look better -- Although the in hand photos look better than the release photos.

Tech-wise, the Vapor Pro was awesome. That alone makes me want to try pro or flex this year, but I am not over the top excited about it.. Maybe it has to do with what feels like a total lack of marketing for the line? Who knows.

I see this opinion spans a couple threads now... Interesting.

The colour blue is basically the greatest thing ever. Combining it with "volt" or yellow or whatever that is, is a strange decision. Change it to black or white or grey and I am falling over my chair trying to get my hands on one to hit.... I just think the combo could look better -- Although the in hand photos look better than the release photos.

Tech-wise, the Vapor Pro was awesome. That alone makes me want to try pro or flex this year, but I am not over the top excited about it.. Maybe it has to do with what feels like a total lack of marketing for the line? Who knows.
My opinion is based solely on the lack of love Nike gets in general. Going off sales, the general population doesn't care for Nike.

THP has been great about Nike and I know many here who love them. One of them being a major reviewer. JB gamed Nike for quite a while as well. I'm not dissing anyone here.

I think the general consensus will be that the Swoosh turns people off long before any color combo. The few people I talk to about golf all say the same thing about Nike. They don't like their clubs but don't have a valid reason. Again, that's my very limited experience with it.

Some will hate the color combo. I get it. I deal in colors all day, every day. It's literally my job. Everyone has an opinion when it comes to color combos. The conservative move would have been white or black for the swoosh. I agree it may have been the "smarter" move but Nike is all in on Volt. It's all over their company, in every sport that I've dealt with. It's been an extremely popular color on my end. So I see why they stuck with it. They have to move away from red now

My opinion is based solely on the lack of love Nike gets in general. Going off sales, the general population doesn't care for Nike.

THP has been great about Nike and I know many here who love them. One of them being a major reviewer. JB gamed Nike for quite a while as well. I'm not dissing anyone here.

I think the general consensus will be that the Swoosh turns people off long before any color combo. The few people I talk to about golf all say the same thing about Nike. They don't like their clubs but don't have a valid reason. Again, that's my very limited experience with it.

Some will hate the color combo. I get it. I deal in colors all day, every day. It's literally my job. Everyone has an opinion when it comes to color combos. The conservative move would have been white or black for the swoosh. I agree it may have been the "smarter" move but Nike is all in on Volt. It's all over their company, in every sport that I've dealt with. It's been an extremely popular color on my end. So I see why they stuck with it. They have to move away from red now

I think you are right about the general consensus on the brand, although I would not say its a "hate" thing, but more of a "dont care" thing. Not necessarily in regards to THPers or the internet, but the general population.

Personally however, I believe that has more to do with the brand than the golfers. A brand has to market to make you want the product. Or at least want to test the product. Nike markets clubs the same way they market other sports, which results in a failure because golfers believe they want more.

I hope this changes, as we have great respect for the people there, and what they do, but they need a new plan.

haha, I think I would have preferred a Wie-style all-Volt head over blue + Volt .... but we're totally personal opinioning this one and that's cool.

What blows my mind about Nike, is how much of a machine they could be when it comes to getting the equipment in the face of the consumer... I know all about their clothing lines and shoe lines year after year, but do they ever really push their equipment? I personally think they could do a lot better to get the interest going.

I think you are right about the general consensus on the brand, although I would not say its a "hate" thing, but more of a "dont care" thing. Not necessarily in regards to THPers or the internet, but the general population.

Personally however, I believe that has more to do with the brand than the golfers. A brand has to market to make you want the product. Or at least want to test the product. Nike markets clubs the same way they market other sports, which results in a failure because golfers believe they want more.

I hope this changes, as we have great respect for the people there, and what they do, but they need a new plan.
And I totally agree. Nike marketing is some of the worst in the business. They may actually be the worst.

I think they are fighting a battle they can't win though. My pro/coach doesn't even carry Nike to hit because they are "inferior" yet he hasn't swung a Nike club in well over 5 years. Sad part is that I've heard that from a few people. I find it odd but this is golf and golfers can be odd

I think you hit the nail on the head. It is why they failed miserably in hockey.

And I totally agree. Nike marketing is some of the worst in the business. They may actually be the worst.

I think they are fighting a battle they can't win though. My pro/coach doesn't even carry Nike to hit because they are "inferior" yet he hasn't swung a Nike club in well over 5 years. Sad part is that I've heard that from a few people. I find it odd but this is golf and golfers can be odd

I think that goes back to the education and marketing. Make people want to try it, and then sales come.
You can only throw up so many ads with Tiger and Rory and think it will work before trying more.
Last year they had 2 spots run about technology and then went away from all of that and strictly back to apparel style marketing, which is about the player, not the club.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It is why they failed miserably in hockey.

It's actually the only reason why I feel a connection to "Vapor" at all... Were it not for hockey, I'd have no reason to be interested in the product.

They have to understand that it takes more than making something to drive interest.

I'll be honest and say that the blue color is the only reason I'm even interested in this driver. I kind of like the blue and volt, but Dan's suggestion of blue and white would be phenomenal.

I like the colors. It's bold and will stick out on tv.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Seeing these in hand a couple days ago, the blue isn't as bad as I originally thought based on the release photos. That being said, I still think there were some better color combos they could have run with, but if it's a performance improvement on the Vapor Pro (which I was told sold REALLY well in this area), then that is a great sign for them. I will certainly give it a few demos after loving the Vapor Pro.

I'm totally digging these new vapor fly lines. Don't know what the big fuss is about on color but COBRA has been offering wild color option on drivers for a few cycles now and no one seems to raise concern. Is it Nikes lack of color option to maybe provide a more "neutral" color way? if so, then i can see that discussion. But for me, I'm way into this. Definitely want to hit the new nike line. Thought last years was good. but this year could be MUCH better i think

Just hit the fly pro driver and was extremely impressed. I absolutely loved the blue at address, and it felt and sounded great. If I hadn't bought a driver recently I might seriously consider this one to buy/game.

Hit both the vapor fly and vapor fly pro today. First Nike driver in a while that I would put in the bag. A little inconsistent spin numbers when hit perfectly. More user error here than anything but one of the sales guys at GOLFSMITH who always helps me out and knows my swing thought so as well and he's a huge Nike homer. these produced very little side spin. Tried the Diamana 70 X whiteboard shaft and the combination was a bit addicting. Oh yeah and that blue didn't bother me the slightest bit

I really want to hit this new line, but haven't seen it yet in the local golf shop. They had the Vapor line last year, but they kept complaining about it not selling so I'm not sure if they'll have them this year :( I've heard a lot of good things, so I'm very intrigued.

Question for those who've hit it - how does it sound? I absolutely love the Vapor Pro's sound so I'm hoping they've preserved it to some extent.

I really want to hit this new line, but haven't seen it yet in the local golf shop. They had the Vapor line last year, but they kept complaining about it not selling so I'm not sure if they'll have them this year :( I've heard a lot of good things, so I'm very intrigued.

Question for those who've hit it - how does it sound? I absolutely love the Vapor Pro's sound so I'm hoping they've preserved it to some extent.

I think it sounds/feels great personally. It's a really solid performer as well.

To anyone who has hit the Vapor Fly Pro with a relatively low launching and spinning shaft, what driver does it feel and perform like the most to you and why?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

To anyone who has hit the Vapor Fly Pro with a relatively low launching and spinning shaft, what driver does it feel and perform like the most to you and why?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
I hit it today with the exact same shaft that is in my Vapor Pro (Whiteboard 62). It performed very much like the VP but with a touch less spin, which equated to marginally better numbers. The sound is still fantastic in this, just like the predecessor. I didn't struggle with the lefts in my short time with it like I do with the VP, but could be a honeymoon things. I think it's a solid improvement on the VP in many areas (looks not being one of them).

Hit the Vapor Fly and Fly Pro today at the shop and the short story for me is that they are almost exactly the same as the Vapor line. Which is to say they sound fantastic and are quite forgiving, with the Fly being more so and with more spin, and the Pro feeling and sounding a little better with lower spin and better distance. I don't see enough difference for an upgrade from the Vapor Pro, but it's a very solid pair of heads.

I am RIDICULOUSLY glad they improved the stock grip from that God awful plasticky thing on the Vapor line though. And the colors really do look much better in person!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hit the Vapor Fly and Fly Pro today at the shop and the short story for me is that they are almost exactly the same as the Vapor line. Which is to say they sound fantastic and are quite forgiving, with the Fly being more so and with more spin, and the Pro feeling and sounding a little better with lower spin and better distance. I don't see enough difference for an upgrade from the Vapor Pro, but it's a very solid pair of heads.

I am RIDICULOUSLY glad they improved the stock grip from that God awful plasticky thing on the Vapor line though. And the colors really do look much better in person!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I was hoping you would chime in. Thanks.

After seeing the blue in hand on a few different occasions over the last couple of weeks, I'm a fan of the looks. I didn't think I would be. I liked the red, was ok with Black and Volt, but I really like the blue. In pictures I was kind of torn on it. I need to take some swings with this soon.

I don't believe they failed in hockey, they had a great product, Bauer recognized it and bought them out.... but I agree in golf the marketing is terrible... I didn't even realize the blue and volt was still around until I went to Edwinn Watts this weekend... hit the Hybo... and fell in love

Back