2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

With Feddie's swing tips....I'm aiming at the left side of the second bunker with driver. A nice draw should put me or my partner in position for a fairly short 2nd into the green.
Piggybacking off my teammates post from yesterday,

Hole #2 Lakes Course Par 4 Yardages are: 428/381/361/308:

c1h2.png

How do you play it?

Driver to right side of the fairway (rather flirt with the sand then the hazard)

Iron approach to the middle of the green.

That hole at 380 or 360 is BB Mini for me to get one in play letting Bomber Beags do his thing.

That hole at 380 or 360 is BB Mini for me to get one in play letting Bomber Beags do his thing.

Yep yep.

Put one in play and I'll let it rip.

#2 is a very difficult driving hole. you don't have anywhere visually that you can miss. when you get down to your second shot you realize there's plenty of room. it's a very well designed hole. the phallic greenside bunker is tricky, so long is better than short. no chance to run it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid job kept me from seeing this yesterday.

#1 - Not knowing any yardages, ideally I hit something that will leave 120 or less into the green.

#2 - Driver off the tee with the best anti-left swing I can muster.

Driver off the tee for me leaving a wedge in for my partner. Pin placement will be key for where your second shot is taken.

I am beginning to think our match is going to leave me pondering a Mini...

I am beginning to think our match is going to leave me pondering a Mini...

Hahaha, it is one truly fantastic club and so lethal off the tee.

Driver off the tee for me leaving a wedge in for my partner. Pin placement will be key for where your second shot is taken.
I knew we were going to get along!!! I like that plan.

Piggybacking off my teammates post from yesterday,

Hole #2 Lakes Course Par 4 Yardages are: 428/381/361/308:

c1h2.png

How do you play it?

Driver to right side of the fairway (rather flirt with the sand then the hazard)

Iron approach to the middle of the green.

I would like know how high those trees to left of the tee box are. If it isn't tight.. I am going to aim down the left side, draw it in to the fairway and hopefully not turn it over too much towards the fairway bunkers. If it is tight on that left side, I may look at aiming at the bunkers and trying to hit a cut to fade off those bunkers.

Has there been any official declaration on which tees we're playing from?

I would like know how high those trees to left of the tee box are. If it isn't tight.. I am going to aim down the left side, draw it in to the fairway and hopefully not turn it over too much towards the fairway bunkers. If it is tight on that left side, I may look at aiming at the bunkers and trying to hit a cut to fade off those bunkers.

You've got both a draw and fade?

Ah hell.....that's talent son!

Definitely

Cool, it'll be good to know. I would mind going to the range to get some practice in while "playing" the course on the range. I'd love to know I won't be hitting my 4 iron very much :D

You've got both a draw and fade?

Ah hell.....that's talent son!
In all fairness the fade works about half the time. Generally turns out to be dead straight and goes into trouble.

But I really like it when I set up for a draw and hit a fade. Those usually end up in fun places. :)

they're not really trees. more like knee or waist high bush thingies that grow around the water.

I will say that they are doing some big changes to the courses, presumably because the tour had some feedback after the barbasol last year. so some of what I'm used to seeing may have changed.

Cool, it'll be good to know. I would mind going to the range to get some practice in while "playing" the course on the range. I'd love to know I won't be hitting my 4 iron very much :D

Get every club in the bag ready. The course will require a full bag.

This looks like a practice facility I could spend days on....
10d9adcb91cfd7d9a38dd799ee124613.jpg

Hey guys I love the holes being posted and appreciate the post for those that have posted. I'd like to extend this out to the rest of the forum. Please post the holes from the courses in that thread. This way others will give their insight and maybe give us some wisdom we need or didn't have. Again I'm very much down with the holes and how to play but we need to get this out to the rest of crew. Thanks for understanding.

Sometimes we find out the morning of the event

Ill play freddies tee ball from 80 yards out...SW to 12 feet and make putt

And I will play JeffJohn's ball from 60 yards out to 6 feet and match your putt, Bam! Even after 1.

I guess I may be the last to pay my balance in full, I was out of town all day and am just now getting a chance to get it in. Now let's get in a little more prep for a great weekend at RTJ in Opelika.

I guess I may be the last to pay my balance in full, I was out of town all day and am just now getting a chance to get it in. Now let's get in a little more prep for a great weekend at RTJ in Opelika.

Just as long as you paid. Gonna be great to tee it up with you!!

Heard on the NPR today that TB is spreading across Bama and it is airborne. You boys better be careful down there.

Heard on the NPR today that TB is spreading across Bama and it is airborne. You boys better be careful down there.

Thank god I was vaccinated as a child

Back