The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced that the general population of this planet are arrogant a**holes.
Right out of college I took a job as a department manager.The people and stories still live on 20 years later with me.The topper was a older lady who pulled up in a new Lexus and complained for not getting a discount off from a $10 cabinet handle.She degraded the whole staff over it saying we are all incompetent and we just keep on populating the world with our stupid kids.The sad thing was our store manager who gave into her demand and let her treat him like scum.She did this big display in front of about 30 customers.The nerve of people treating others is disgusting.Just disgusting

Go out of my way to make sure a customer is taken care of, get here early and work on his bike for him while he waits. Typically, I let a mechanic do this but it's a high maintenance guy so I wanted him to be taken care of when he needed it (In this case, 1 hour before we open). The entire time I am doing something for him, he constantly reminds me to be careful because his bike is expensive, tells me how to do what I am doing, asks what kind of education I have, and on and on. Do my best to do it all with a smile while constantly being annoyed.

I finish it up, and go to charge him, and he thinks he is being overcharged for something that was "basic and simple." He then tells me that he will wait until "The important people show up so he can discuss the charges with a manager or the owner."

I politely let him know the owner came in an hour early so he could work on a bike while he waited...

Arrogant prick.

D-bag. Karma will get him and reward you.

Go out of my way to make sure a customer is taken care of, get here early and work on his bike for him while he waits. Typically, I let a mechanic do this but it's a high maintenance guy so I wanted him to be taken care of when he needed it (In this case, 1 hour before we open). The entire time I am doing something for him, he constantly reminds me to be careful because his bike is expensive, tells me how to do what I am doing, asks what kind of education I have, and on and on. Do my best to do it all with a smile while constantly being annoyed.

I finish it up, and go to charge him, and he thinks he is being overcharged for something that was "basic and simple." He then tells me that he will wait until "The important people show up so he can discuss the charges with a manager or the owner."

I politely let him know the owner came in an hour early so he could work on a bike while he waited...

Arrogant prick.

What a d&ck! My wife is in retail and over the years has developed a few comebacks, my favorite is..."My apologies, I don't speak English"......listening to it in her light Irish brogue is petty entertaining!

The topper was a customer who was caught stealing a chainsaw sent a nasty email to the home office saying he was harassed and racially profiled.Our company was affraid of the backlash and gave in and dropped the charges.They even sent him a packet of gift certificates to come back in the store

What was the expression on his face when he realized you WERE the owner? Hopefully one that indicated that he doesn't like the taste of his own foot.

Arrogant prick.

Arrogant prick.

Asshat!

I run a one man store War, but I sell industrial / welding supplies, so I am dealing with a different client base for the most part. I am so lucky that I seldom run into this. The sad thing this seems to happen more with upscale, "entitled ' people from what I have seen. I will never understand people who are that lucky to be in that position to act like that. It's an ego trip pure & simple. I always want to say Karma will take care of them - but does it really? Not sure...but to say I hope so would be the truth.

Asshat!

I run a one man store War, but I sell industrial / welding supplies, so I am dealing with a different client base for the most part. I am so lucky that I seldom run into this. The sad thing this seems to happen more with upscale, "entitled ' people from what I have seen. I will never understand people who are that lucky to be in that position to act like that. It's an ego trip pure & simple. I always want to say Karma will take care of them - but does it really? Not sure...but to say I hope so would be the truth.
People don't care,plain and simple.Even if you are the owner.They get a rush out of tearing people down.With the internet now,one idiot can ruin your whole business.Will only get worse I presume

Leak upstairs this weekend came through our kitchen ceiling. This should be fun, and right after ordering 3k worth of new windows.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Leak upstairs this weekend came through our kitchen ceiling. This should be fun, and right after ordering 3k worth of new windows.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Ouch!!! Hate to hear that brother.

My back just won't seem to heal. I am trying to be patient, but not being able to exercise or swing a club is starting to work my nerves. It could be much worse though and I almost feel guilty mentioning in the thread.

I have an irrational trepidation of review length now, and its making things much harder than it should be on me in my own noggin.

40s are still golf weather imo. Hell I'll be out in it today with 17 high school players at 41 as a high.

But, that's how/why I golf year round.
I'm with you... 40s aren't bad really if it's not too windy. Actually, my dad and I will play if it's 32 or higher with 5-10mph wind, which doesn't happen often in Kansas so we take advantage when it does.

This past Saturday it was actually snowing a little while I drove to the course for an 11:13 tee time. The light flurry stopped right before we teed off. My dad, his friend and I were the only ones on the course, which is pretty awesome, but it was in the upper 20s or low 30s at that time. Less than 10mph wind made it tolerable. My crappy play that day was a lot less tolerable...and I don't think I can fully blame the cold weather and the 4 layers of clothes!

People showing up to an interview with some high level certs and can't explain how to troubleshoot a mid-high level issue then bomb on the next question which is a basic level question. Not to mention listing a skill as core competency only to find out they are just in the learning process do said competency

I have an irrational trepidation of review length now, and its making things much harder than it should be on me in my own noggin.
Afraid of going too long, or coming up too short?

Promise we won't go tl;dr on your reviews. :silly:

It's THP man - the more info, the better!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My back just won't seem to heal. I am trying to be patient, but not being able to exercise or swing a club is starting to work my nerves. It could be much worse though and I almost feel guilty mentioning in the thread.

JH
Have you had it looked at? Sometimes rest won't help. If it's an alignment issue, movement pattern issue, etc you may want to see a really good chiro, PT, etc. I have taken time off for my back time to time, and it didn't really do much. Corrective care & exercise may be what you need.

Apologies if you have already went this route! And I do know how frustrating it can get - hope things get better!

People showing up to an interview with some high level certs and can't explain how to troubleshoot a mid-high level issue then bomb on the next question which is a basic level question. Not to mention listing a skill as core competency only to find out they are just in the learning process do said competency

Ugh, paper certs with no real experience! At least it's easy to eliminate them, but it sucks to waste the time because they misled you.

Bleeping Yelp reviews. Someone left a 1 star review because they didn't pay their bill and got sent to collections. This is not the first time someone has done this either, gets shut off or gets sent out and then leaves a crap review. And then ends the review with "I hope a manager calls me so I will take down this review". Um, I'm the manager you would have spoken with had you called us instead of running to Yelp, and blackmailing me isn't going to get you off the hook either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother do NOT sweat that stuff. As I told you the goal was to make it easier on you, not harder. You do what you do best, which is relay facts in a way that make the THP reviews the best available.

Wowzers the exchange rate is terrible right now. THP Belt is paid for, and I am done cross-border shopping for a while now.

So many ponders what have to be put on hold for now.

2016 is putting me to the test right now...

Ugh, paper certs with no real experience! At least it's easy to eliminate them, but it sucks to waste the time because they misled you.

Yep. Worse part was I tried to lead him towards the answer and still couldn't get him there.

Truth.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Truth.

CCIE SP and CCIE RS written and couldn't remember any show commands to troubleshoot a BGP issue and no basic knowledge on vrrp. Anyways rant over as I liked what my manager told me about a candidate that applied yesterday

You should hire me even though I don't have any fancy letters after my name. Just saying. :D

(the closest I've gotten to BGP is making sure customers have jumbo frame support enabled so we don't silently drop BGP packets :bulgy-eyes: )
CCIE SP and CCIE RS written and couldn't remember any show commands to troubleshoot a BGP issue and no basic knowledge on vrrp. Anyways rant over as I liked what my manager told me about a candidate that applied yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back