Super Stroke Putter Grips

Dean, how did you try saving it? We save em at plum creek all the time and it's easy peasy. He has an air compressor which makes it s breeze, but even without the air compressor he's got this long tool and the tool with some solvent and it's never a huge PITA for me.
I have both. Used the long tool on it. When I install I use the AC and then I can save it with no problem. The tool for me works great with everything if they have been installed with solvent. With the SS though the time I did it there was very little give with made it tougher.

I have both. Used the long tool on it. When I install I use the AC and then I can save it with no problem. The tool for me works great with everything if they have been installed with solvent. With the SS though the time I did it there was very little give with made it tougher.
Man, maybe I either got lucky the few I've done or they weren't installed correctly? Lol

Noob question here. Can the Super Stroke grip be saved and put back on when removed? I just got a putter that may need an inch cut off and am curious if I'm going to have to replace the grip too. If so I won't bother with changing the length

I have done 3 or 4 for friends with no issues. Put all mine on with air since I change my mind so often on putter grips.

I wonder if it's something my local GolfSmith would do. I don't have the tools to do it here so I would have to take it somewhere

They can. You can blow on a superstroke pretty easily but taking them off is tough. In all honesty it might just be easier to buy a new grip after it's all said and done and then just installing with air, and building up bottom of the grip a bit. I'm not sure if the new ones are, but the old ss 2.0 for example was tapered.

I picked up a Slim 1.0 Masters edition grip from EBay. Now to find a putter to put it on

I have one on my last gamer and liked it but I got a Scotty last year and wanted to keep the original grip. It's the pistolini and I find it very comfortable.

I like the 1.0's. I use the claw grip and it really helps keep the hand in good position, the bigger SS grips are too heavy, can't get any feel from them.

Has anyone tried using a Tour Lock Pro back weight in place of the CounterCore weight that Super Stroke sells? I'm looking at the new Pistol GT series but think they may be too light alone and too heavy with the 50g counter core.

I love the Flastso ultraslim I put on my Scotty. It really is the perfect balance for what I look for in a putter grip.

Noob question here. Can the Super Stroke grip be saved and put back on when removed?
I am in a similar boat, gonna try to use air to get it off. Have a Flatso 2.0 on and want to swap it with the smaller 1.0, gonna grab a compressor tonight to try.

I am in a similar boat, gonna try to use air to get it off. Have a Flatso 2.0 on and want to swap it with the smaller 1.0, gonna grab a compressor tonight to try.
Super Stroke grips are not the friendliest grip to remove - especially the longer ones.

Back