THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Speaking of trash talk, how about that Cavs game last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weird, I don't remember that game being against a team from Michigan.

weird, I don't remember that game being against a team from Michigan.

To be fair, they lost their only game against Detroit this year too. But they do have 3 other chances and I am sure win more than they lose.

To be fair, they lost their only game against Detroit this year too. But they do have 3 other chances and I am sure win more than they lose.

Yea that's true. Oh well. Going to have to leave it to golf to break the factory of sadness streak.

Gotta love a great rivalry. Michigan vs. Ohio. This is going to be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go:

Another week closer, not much going on golf wise except a few sim rounds being played here and there.

Dave Winchell-Its been quiet from Mr Winchell, the rumors are swirling that his 4 month honeymoon was actually extended to 6 months and he is no longer in the states.
Ntanygd760-No change here as we have not received confirmation that his car situation has been resolved.
Robozeo-A sim session took place and no Robozeo, a drop down the rankings ensued.
Cbaker2882-No Staff Bag, no problem says Cbaker. He moves up the list but ALMOST took a plunge after almost losing to me in the Sim round.
Certifiable-Sim machine, small move up there, many wonder if his sim game travels?
PhillyV-Back down the list you go after pledging boat show>Sim round

PinSlayer216--Moving up after keep the thread "interesting" this week.
Robman7-No change as he continues to use his Tour X to laser random things around the house.
CaptainCaution-Big move up the list for hooking us up with a free sim round (and playing well too).
Hickerad-Can anyone confirm he still exists? Rumors all over the place the Indians sent him to Atlanta in the Swisher/Bourne deal.
The Milk Man-Crazy enough to apply for a job in the golf industry, crazy enough to represent team OH?
Gunner- Gunner hit ball far, ball do all kinds of swirly things on the screen. Gunner lose to #441.
Biggest movers-Grins and GolfinFF for leaving this god forsaken state for awhile.
Amart/Misike-....Crickets
Maynard-Hit the XXIO like it was supposed to be hit, moved up for hitting it so well...moved down for basically showing me up.
Canadan-Hi
Bullfrog-Continues the climb, dude is CRAZY using only 3 foot gimmees in a sim round.
Goldenbear67-Welcome
#motivation
#frozen
#pingpongtraining

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Ouch...

Fair point
Thanks buddy!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Just messing Amart. Hope things are well in Cinci. You guys will be golfing like 2 months before us. For that, I am jealous.

Just messing Amart. Hope things are well in Cinci. You guys will be golfing like 2 months before us. For that, I am jealous.

Fluffy, quit babying him... He needs to be griefed! I wonder if he needs a link to what happens to the MVP of this event..

Fluffy, quit babying him... He needs to be griefed! I wonder if he needs a link to what happens to the MVP of this event..
That couldn't hurt!

I know after speaking to a few of the guys last weekend, that Michigan should be represented at this event by both participants and spectators.
If I am not called upon to play, I WILL be there to support the team, THP, and our wonderful sponsor True Temper!

Certifi_able and I are playing a Sim round tomorrow in Findlay at noon. Any other takers?

Then again...Ohio can't win all of these polls. One thing that's a definite...Team Ohio has a really good chance of gaining a HOF tag. :blob:
Come on now, that's like comparing the PGA Tour to the Symetra Tour.

I know after speaking to a few of the guys last weekend, that Michigan should be represented at this event by both participants and spectators.
If I am not called upon to play, I WILL be there to support the team, THP, and our wonderful sponsor True Temper!

Wait I thought you were going to a graduation party?:alien:

Still time to relocate to OH CJ!
Come on Mike why would he want to do that? he wants to be a on a winning team, not Ohio...

But all smack aside I cant wait for sign ups for this. The Sim round just amped up the excitement for this event that much more for me.

Todays Question

1. By the time we are thawed out there will be about 2 months or so to go before the event. While indoor prep is great and all and keeping the swing fresh, nothing can simulate real thing better than outdoors obviously. So with that in mind, assuming you make the team (or even if you dont) what kind of work are you going to do on your game to make sure you are playing your best golf come June?

Truth be told idiots running around saying

"OH"....."IO"

"OH...."IO"

Is enough to remove OHeyO from residence consideration.
Trust me, you learn to filter it out rather quickly.

Todays Question

1. By the time we are thawed out there will be about 2 months or so to go before the event. While indoor prep is great and all and keeping the swing fresh, nothing can simulate real thing better than outdoors obviously. So with that in mind, assuming you make the team (or even if you dont) what kind of work are you going to do on your game to make sure you are playing your best golf come June?

I am lucky in that my work league starts up in April, so I will have weekly handicapped matches to get good competitive practice in. The course we play on is nothing like Boulder Creek, but it is still good prep for match play. Aside from league, I plan on spending as much time as possible working the short game area and putting green. With the opportunity to keep playing indoors over the winter, my full swing stays in good shape, but the touch of the short game is harder to maintain.

I am not planning on any lessons right now, but I would definitely consider a playing lesson or two to help me think my way around the course a bit better.

Good question Mike!
With my work life returning to normal, I will have a lot of time to get outside and play/practice.
If selected to represent the Michigan squad, the motivation to show up and play solidly will be huge!
I may only get to play this course once before the event if at all, and I have no doubts the Ohio team will have 2-3 practice rounds, maybe more.
So I need to show up and have a decent consistency going in my game to avoid big numbers on a new course.

Back