THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Alternate shot or some kind of scramble/shamble format.

I love me some Alt Shot. I dig shamble, but not a fan of scramble. Could get down with some straight up better ball as well.

OK so this is a 27 hole event. I'm not positive if anything is set in stone, but what kind of formats would you all prefer?

Not a 9 hole alt shot. Hahaha that's my kryptonite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, any format will be awesome. Alt shot, shamble, scramble, straight up match

I like the idea of getting one in the fairway and letting your partner get after it with his. Same on par 3. Drop in something safe and then go flag hunting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of getting one in the fairway and letting your partner get after it with his. Same on par 3. Drop in something safe and then go flag hunting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yup me too. Fun aggressive golf

OK so this is a 27 hole event. I'm not positive if anything is set in stone, but what kind of formats would you all prefer?
As the ultimate teammate, I am ready for any format. Whatever is best for the team is fine with me. Just as long as we're playing golf and having a little fun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Honestly, any format will be awesome. Alt shot, shamble, scramble, straight up match

You really can't go wrong with competitive team golf w/ THPers. That's the best golf there is.

You really can't go wrong with competitive team golf w/ THPers. That's the best golf there is.

100% true.

I'd like to see a mix of best ball and scramble. Honestly, any format is going to be awesome but I think some low scores from best ball and scramble would be fun.

Question for you fellas. In a scramble format or shamble for that matter, what's your preference on going first or second?

For me personally it doesn't matter going first or second except for putting. I much prefer going first when putting but for anything else it doesn't bother me either way.

Question for you fellas. In a scramble format or shamble for that matter, what's your preference on going first or second?

For me personally it doesn't matter going first or second except for putting. I much prefer going first when putting but for anything else it doesn't bother me either way.

I love to go first. Let me lead the way

I love to go first. Let me lead the way

Easy to say when you know you'll be in the middle of the fairway.

Easy to say when you know you'll be in the middle of the fairway.

Nothing like freeing up your partner

After Scarnici.

Every.Freaking.Time.

Couldn't agree any more on the putting aspect. I'm of the belief that you can't see "pace," so just because a putt breaks one ball outside left for my partner, doesn't mean it'll react the same way for me.

Other than that, also like you, it doesn't matter to me one bit going first, last, whatever.

Couldn't agree any more on the putting aspect. I'm of the belief that you can't see "pace," so just because a putt breaks one ball outside left for my partner, doesn't mean it'll react the same way for me.

Other than that, also like you, it doesn't matter to me one bit going first, last, whatever.
Perfect so when we're teamed up you putt first on odd holes and I'll take even and we'll just not watch each other!

No preference whatsoever, going 1st I usually let it ride and going 2nd will depend on how we currently lie after my teammates shot. I'm happy in either slot, I really like having a teammate that likes both and goes with the ebbs and flows of the round, if the hole sets up to my eye and I'm feeling good, I want to go 1st and am comfortable enough to tell my teammate that and I hope my teammate would reciprocate that if they wanted the Green Light on a hole.

I'll go wherever is best for the team. Seriously. I'm not a long ball hitter off the tee, but I've gone anywhere from 1-3 in a 4 man scramble and it's never been a problem for me. If my captain wants me to play in a certain place, then that's what I'm going to do, and play to my strengths and help my teammate(s).

Off the tee I like to go first since chances are I'm the shorter hitter and want to put one in the fairway so my partner can go after one. On other shots I actually prefer to go second if there isn't a situation me needing to play one safe. I actually like the pressure on me. Putting I can go first or second, I think without seeing someone roll a bunch of putts it's hard to gain a lot of knowledge off of watching them putt first. In the end I'm comfortable going first or second with all shots and will defer to my partners preference.

Wherever I can help the most. I've gone first and gone last. It doesn't make a big difference to me either way.

Off the tee I like to go first since chances are I'm the shorter hitter and want to put one in the fairway so my partner can go after one...
Just make sure you get that good warm up in and don't have to use the first few holes for it :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just make sure you get that good warm up in and don't have to use the first few holes for it :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This is so true but it won't be a problem being midseason plus range time will be had before the rounds. My last few rounds were really ugly for the first 5-6 holes.

Back