CAA_beat you have been called out #thpcallout

No doubt. The pressure of going against Tadashi will be great prep for any potential match at RR, if I'm fortunate enough to make the squad.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

First you've got to believe before anyone else can dude.

FK will make you earn it.

This one is tough. Both are great guys who'll have a blast no matter the outcome. Rob getting a pop per hole is HUGE... but I think Freddie's going to be motivated after losing to Ward.

I think I'm going to have to go with Freddie on this one.
The pop a hole was just my ask to keep it an interesting. As I've stated in other threads, I always prefer to play straight up real golf and would have no problem doing so here.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what the most strokes given has been in any of the call outs?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

CAA_beat you have been called out #thpcallout

You don't need a pop a hole. The most you should get is 16 :)

Will be a good match to follow. Panda will be out to avenge his loss and I'm sure Rob will bring it.

Gotta go with me fellow DMVer, Rob! Should be a great learning experience for Rob as well - jealous!

I'm with Rob on that one.

Love both of these guys and they have been very good friends to me. So, I'll be like Canadan and say it's AS after 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need a pop a hole. The most you should get is 16 :)
However many it ends up being 0 or 18 or somewhere in between, I'll just concentrate on playing my own game (but also not letting the opportunity to observe and learn from one of the most knowledgeable swing guys go by) and let the chips fall where they may.

Have fun ladies, that's gonna be a good time

How am I supposed to pick a side here?!?!?!??!??!

Get the ref from Packers/Cardinals in for a coin flip.

Gonna side with my boy FK here. Knows the course well, and knows Bermuda greens. CAA is awesome, but it might be too much for him to overcome.

I'm going to side with my fellow ex-assistant pro and roll with FK in this match.

Gonna pull for my DMV brethren Rob. You can do it!

Gonna side with my boy FK here. Knows the course well, and knows Bermuda greens. CAA is awesome, but it might be too much for him to overcome.
It's most definitely a tall order wardy...but I can't focus on that, just have to enjoy being in the Florida sunshine, playing with a great THP'er and learn to embrace a bit of competition as I continue to try and win a spot on the MD/VA #THPRR thread.

Any chance you'll be around to fill out the foursome or afterward to shake the winners hand? I know you guys have a busy week ahead.

CAA-Beat:

I have not had the opportunity to golf with Freddie, so I am a bit jealous of you in that regard. A rather common suggestion is that when one plays with someone of greater ability, it lifts one's game to a higher level. So you have that going for you. The one thing I know with absolute certainty, is that you will represent the DMV hackers proudly and well. Good luck and play well, my friend.

I'm going with my guy CAA_Beat. Ready to follow this one

Oh. This one is a tough one two great guys challenging another. I am really stuck on who will come out with the W. I know Freddie is a great player and have seem him first hand . But on the other hand my man Rob is a solid player in his own rights . I will say it will be a draw for this reason. Looking forward to following along gentlemen

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This should be a HECK of a fun day on the course...that's for sure!

I wish I could make a pick but I can't. Rob has been such a great guy to me...and we've never even met.
Freddie's game is good and he's given me incredible advice on the swing front...and he's my Marauder captain!

I'm hoping for a tie! :)

This should be a HECK of a fun day on the course...that's for sure!

I wish I could make a pick but I can't. Rob has been such a great guy to me...and we've never even met.
Freddie's game is good and he's given me incredible advice on the swing front...and he's my Marauder captain!

I'm hoping for a tie! :)
What are you, Swiss, now?

Just kidding. Your points are valid, and while I like underdogs, I'm having trouble seeing Tadashi go 0-2. Tadashi wins, and I hope CAA takes advantage of those pops to push it late into the round.

Oh hell!

i thought of making this call out. But I didn't want to be laughed out of the thread...lol. But that said, I never stand down from a challenge. I'm playing at about a 20 right now, I'll be playing in The Pandas home town, at a track he probably knows well. He'll be motivated coming off the loss to MWard. I've played one round in the past two months.

But we both have possibly the best set of new irons out right now, that we are both getting dialed in. I'll ask for a shot a hole.

I propose the following stakes.

If Tadashi wins, Golf and lunch are on me.

If CAA wins, he gets some Freddie tips on the range (time permitting) assuming the new restaurant isn't open yet for lunch there.

But I'm open to other stakes as well.

These are great stakes. You will get 17 shots on the 17 toughest holes to make this even. What tees do you feel comfortable playing, what distance?

Have fun ladies, that's gonna be a good time

I'm chomping at the bit to call your old ass out. Just need that silky swing to come south.

hmmm eagle creek is not a very difficult course. greens can be tricky though. some local knowledge is required on a few of those holes with blind tee shots, doglegs etc. So I'm sticking with my man FK69. don't let me down!

These are great stakes. You will get 17 shots on the 17 toughest holes to make this even. What tees do you feel comfortable playing, what distance?

I'll take whatever you're giving, sounds good to me. Looking at the scorecard, I'm probably best suited for the Gold tees at 6407.

Really looking forward to this round and the fact it's a THPCallout, makes it all the better!!

Back