10th frame win or lose games are my favorite. I think the pressure is fun when it's who is gonna miss first. Makes for a great show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
those are my favorite too. it's happened quote a lot this year but it keeps it interesting and fun.

I've been struggling as of late with my game. I dropped my avg from 216 down to 198 in the last 6 weeks, so I decided to replace my 14 year old Ebonite Pantera.
I had a well respected pro shop guy watch me bowl a few frames and then offer recommendations as to a ball that would fit my game.
He recommended 3 balls.
1. Roto Grip Menace
2. Storm Lock
3. Storm IQ Nano

I opted for the Storm Lock at 15 lbs. and had him drill it up for me at a medium aggressiveness pattern.
After he was done, I threw it a dozen times at that alley and liked what I saw. It allowed me to move inside and still had a TON of drive at the back end.
Expecting to need a few games to get used to the new ball, I put it in league play last night and threw a 234-214-223 = 671 series.
Were it not for a lazy throw in the 9th of the 2nd game leaving me a big 4 split and another in the 4th of the last game, I would have easily made the 700 mark for the night.
I am really impressed with this ball and can't wait to get to the lanes with it again.

First game tonight...

Bowled two games at lunch with my coworkers. Watching a 70+ year old women bowling a turkey is hilarious.

I've been struggling as of late with my game. I dropped my avg from 216 down to 198 in the last 6 weeks, so I decided to replace my 14 year old Ebonite Pantera.
I had a well respected pro shop guy watch me bowl a few frames and then offer recommendations as to a ball that would fit my game.
He recommended 3 balls.
1. Roto Grip Menace
2. Storm Lock
3. Storm IQ Nano

I opted for the Storm Lock at 15 lbs. and had him drill it up for me at a medium aggressiveness pattern.
After he was done, I threw it a dozen times at that alley and liked what I saw. It allowed me to move inside and still had a TON of drive at the back end.
Expecting to need a few games to get used to the new ball, I put it in league play last night and threw a 234-214-223 = 671 series.
Were it not for a lazy throw in the 9th of the 2nd game leaving me a big 4 split and another in the 4th of the last game, I would have easily made the 700 mark for the night.
I am really impressed with this ball and can't wait to get to the lanes with it again.
Like golf stuff, I feel like bowling balls have come quite a ways in 15 years haha the covers and cores are pretty impressive. Ive heard the Lock is pretty awesome!

Position Round tonight. We're 3rd and can't win this section, but we could be 1st overall after tonight with a little bit of help. I set my goal of a 150 average by the end of the year and at the rate it's moving now, 150+ is a very good possibility if I keep at it.

My season may be coming to a premature end soon. I've had issues with my wrist for the last 3 years. I have a couple of wrist bones that are rubbing together that cause me considerable pain and loss of strength. I've been getting cortisone shots a couple of times a year which help quite a bit. But this year the pain returned much sooner than previous years. The last time I bowled two weeks ago, I could only manage a couple of games in the 160's and a 130-something. My average was as high as 191 this year.

So I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. He has in the past recommended surgery to shave off part of one of the bones so that they do not rub together anymore. I wanted to wait until bowling season was over, but then I'm recovering during golf season. So might as well get it done as soon as possible.

I can always try to bowl left-handed.

My season may be coming to a premature end soon. I've had issues with my wrist for the last 3 years. I have a couple of wrist bones that are rubbing together that cause me considerable pain and loss of strength. I've been getting cortisone shots a couple of times a year which help quite a bit. But this year the pain returned much sooner than previous years. The last time I bowled two weeks ago, I could only manage a couple of games in the 160's and a 130-something. My average was as high as 191 this year.

So I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. He has in the past recommended surgery to shave off part of one of the bones so that they do not rub together anymore. I wanted to wait until bowling season was over, but then I'm recovering during golf season. So might as well get it done as soon as possible.

I can always try to bowl left-handed.
Same thing happened to my dad. Was about the same average and everything. Doc told him that if he bowled any more right handed he wouldn't be able to use it anymore. So he switched. after a few years he was right around 175 or so LH.

good luck and hope it's not anything to serious for you.

Same thing happened to my dad. Was about the same average and everything. Doc told him that if he bowled any more right handed he wouldn't be able to use it anymore. So he switched. after a few years he was right around 175 or so LH.

good luck and hope it's not anything to serious for you.
I can bowl fairly decent left handed. Waaaaay back in the day, I broke a bone in my right hand three weeks into a season. I learned to bowl left-handed the rest of the season. I can probably average around 140-150.

Forgot to update on my season so far. last week was just terrible so we will skip the details but we ended up taking all 4 points from the team in first and tied for first going into last night's position round.

So last night was position night and we bowled the same team for the third time this year and we win all 4 again. So we are 11-1 against that team and the coolest part is that we are almost even in handicap. But as a team we all rolled 600+ which is a first for us and we all had a lot of fun.

I was just proud of myself because I started out great with a 224 but the next two games I really struggled with carrying my first ball but I was all around the pocket all night. I am really struggling with my spare shooting though. Ended up shooting 193 and 191 by throwing the last 4 in each game to finish strong and help the team out. Hoping we can win the second half outright and take the Championship without having to go to a roll off.

Forgot to mention my bowling last month... Had my best game ever!!207!! Average is probably around 155-160 now. Next night is this Saturday.

25469142c2c39428d1180106ecac3370.jpg

We swept our opponents last night taking all 8 points. We're now 2nd overall for the year. I had one of my best series of the year last night: 154/150/175 (w/handicap: 229/225/250). Really fighting pain right at the base of my ring and middle fingers though. Need to get that figured out. Don't want it to affect my golf.

674 last night, we swept the first place team last night sliding us into 1st which is nice. Was a great night, going in we thought the other team was a bunch of DB's and it turned out they were pretty cool, even after we kicked their butts lol

We swept our opponents last night taking all 8 points. We're now 2nd overall for the year. I had one of my best series of the year last night: 154/150/175 (w/handicap: 229/225/250). Really fighting pain right at the base of my ring and middle fingers though. Need to get that figured out. Don't want it to affect my golf.
Had something similar happen earlier in the year with my wrist. Try lightening your grip pressure and see if that takes care of the problem.

Great series though!

674 last night, we swept the first place team last night sliding us into 1st which is nice. Was a great night, going in we thought the other team was a bunch of DB's and it turned out they were pretty cool, even after we kicked their butts lol

I've been guilty of that, too. Sometimes a team might not look like fun or look like they won't like you having fun. We cheer for both teams and even teams in the lanes next to us. We might get a little over the top as more buckets of beer get purchased, but we have a good time and usually we come away with a new set of friends. I'm really enjoying this league.

What a crazy night! First game, all pocket, 220. Then the second game, not even kidding, 1st frame was light, then all SOLID pocket shots and left the 10 pin 6 frames in a row. Wrapped it every time! The I got light on one, left a 7..then another 10 pin, one strike in the 10th. Couldn't pick up my ten pins at all. Threw a 131! I was soooooo pissed!
3rd game was all over the board, few pocket 10's, few strikes, threw a 179.

I tried moving a few inches forward AND back on the approach, nothing worked. Two lanes over we had a 300. First one I've ever witnessed, and I'm over here smashing the pocket and leaving 7 wrapped 10 pins in the same game.

Unbelievable

This was in a non-sanctioned league but still would have been nice to roll my first 300. Bowled in high school 22yrs ago. Currently averaging 205 in this non-sanctioned league.

2 weeks off of bowling and we're entering the last 1/4 section of the year to qualify for playoffs so i know i've gotta turn it on. Was able to go 226-242-235 for a 703, cleaned out my friends pockets too :)

This was in a non-sanctioned league but still would have been nice to roll my first 300. Bowled in high school 22yrs ago. Currently averaging 205 in this non-sanctioned league.

Heck of a game! Way to go!

We've had a couple of guys in our league go 11 in a row and miss by 1. 4 perfect games so far this year, though. Awesome game!

We've had a couple of guys in our league go 11 in a row and miss by 1. 4 perfect games so far this year, though. Awesome game!
I was just talking about going 11 in a row and missing while watching the PBA on espn yesterday. They were using that new scoring system and you only throw 10, no extra 2 in the 10th. Well a guy rolled a 300 and I thought well usually he'd still have 2 shots so im not sure how I feel about that new scoring.

I was just talking about going 11 in a row and missing while watching the PBA on espn yesterday. They were using that new scoring system and you only throw 10, no extra 2 in the 10th. Well a guy rolled a 300 and I thought well usually he'd still have 2 shots so im not sure how I feel about that new scoring.

Deserves an asterisk if you ask me haha

Really? Why would they do that?

Wouldn't that just be a 280? Haha

Threw a 225-225-185 series last night. Had 5 ringing 10 pins in the 3rd game...so frustrating.

On a side note, the new proposed scoring system is the most idiotic idea I have heard of since the 15 inch golf cup !

I think that's absurd. If that's the case I would have had plenty of 300's already lol. But seriously what are they thinking? I kind of understood the "frame play" type format which is akin to match play in golf, But this doesn't make sense.

Back