What Loft Is Your Driver?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What loft are you playing your driver at?
Why/How did you choose that loft?

Meaning was it a fitting thing, did you just see a ball flight you liked or is it a number you just happen to be comfortable with?

11.5 fit at #TheGrandaddy

Last two years it was set to 8 degrees to gain the ideal launch conditions. I've got it set at 9 degrees right now and really like it there.

I play my GBB 10.5º at 12.5º based on my fitting at Golf Mart.

Last edited:
9* driver set to 10*. Found it through trial and error on course as it produces a tad better flight, especially helping a bit more on misses.

8 degrees of loft. Was fit to the same head, same loft, by 2 different fitters 3-4 months apart.

With my swing flaws, I launch the ball high with spin. Lowering the loft down to 8 brought my LA down to the mid-teens with spin around 2500 RPMS.

I play mine at 9.5. I've tried a few higher and lower, from what I see I like the height of the 9.5. However shaft plays a part in this as well. I've never had a driver fitting.

11.5*, fit at Modern Golf.

10.5. Went to that from 9.5 looking for more carry and better direction. Was not fit to it, but hope to validate the decision soon in AL on the THP scope of its there. FWIW, I do see a slight improvement.

Ping G30 SF Tec 10* set to 11*. Chose it after hitting it at a Ping demo day at a local range.

Got tired of balls plugging using 12-13.5*
Drivers. 89-93 mph swing speed.

I tinkered around a lot with what loft I should have in my Driver and 11.5 I get a higher flight and some good distance.

Also with some of the adjustable drivers draw bias is not good for my game so the adjustable loft # is also decided on what I can set to fade or leave at neutral.

9* 815 head... I have had it set to 10* just because I like the launch a tad better.

My current driver is 10.5 head and I'm playing it at 11.5 because I seem to be more consistent that way.

11.5* and that is what I see the best on course results with.

10.5 head playing at 11.5. Based on carry distance seen in the sim vs. my previous driver. Seems like I've been ballooning a bit lately, so I might try to loft back down a little bit for a round or two...

I have played 9.5* Drivers virtually my whole life, but found I had to go up to 12* for an SLDR Tour issue 430 Driver, (actual loft was 11.2*).

As you can see in my signature below, I am now back to a 9.5* Driver loft which is where I belong.

:act-up:

Last edited:
7.5 deg head set to 6.75.
I had been playing 8 deg, then found a Titleist I liked that was 9.5 ...loved the club but just hit it way too high. Got the 910 in 7.5 because it covered 9 to 6.75...found the lower to work best for me through trial and error.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

11.5* and that is what I see the best on course results with.

We must be swing twins, it seems like a lot of the same stuff works well for both of us haha

9* because I like the flight and results. Been told I hit it a bit high so perhaps I should try a lower loft. Guess I need to tinker some more.

Mine plays at 9.75 degrees. Fitted by me on the launch monitor where I bought it.

What loft are you playing your driver at?
Why/How did you choose that loft?

Meaning was it a fitting thing, did you just see a ball flight you liked or is it a number you just happen to be comfortable with?

My Titleist 915 D2 is at 10.25*
I chose this because of the flight and a particular forced-carry on a course that I need.

10.5 because that is where I get the best results after trying multiple set points.

12 - I was lofting up when lofting up wasn't cool lol

10.5 degree head, playing at 9.5 degrees. Fitted by the best in the business at the ECPC for the Grandaddy. I prefer a higher flight but the fitter showed me how my numbers were significantly better with what looks very low to my eye.

Back