My 10yo son and I had our first official "jam session". I hooked my old recording monitors up to the brain of my e-kit and he laid down some simple beats he's learned in his lessons and I played along on guitar. It was an absolute blast!!!

YrrLJK3.jpg

umPtNfx.jpg

New guitar day:)

^^^ YUM.

I know I keep saying I'm going to start recording again but I have a very cool idea brewing for an album called "Dead Man Walking" it will be they typical Maidenish Queensryche style I love.

I've got some serious practice to do to get my chops back up to speed.

This album I am eager to hear...you just mentioned my two favourite bands as reference!

I'm getting some serious fret buzz on my bass. I'm not experienced with doing a complete setup and I've heard horror stories about the Guitar Center techs. Any advice or recommended web tutorials?

With seasonal weather changes you may just need to adjust the bridge a bit. Should be lots of tutorials out there on that. Very minor thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This album I am eager to hear...you just mentioned my two favourite bands as reference!

I started putting some pieces together last week for the song order and came up with a few riffs that are growly and dark, I'm hoping to start tracking next month.

I'm getting some serious fret buzz on my bass. I'm not experienced with doing a complete setup and I've heard horror stories about the Guitar Center techs. Any advice or recommended web tutorials?

Could be a couple things, look down the neck holding the bass from the body towards the headstock, if it has a bump in it that goes up? the truss rod needs a slight turn to the left if you're facing the headstock, if it has a dip it needs tightening to the right.

Rule of thumb is to turn it 1/4 turn at a time, tune it and let it sit for 10 minutes and do this til it's straight or has just a hint of dip (just barely any) That's called relief.

DO NOT TIGHTEN IT IN FULL OR HALF TURNS! YOU CAN BREAK THE TRUSS ROD

Thanks, guys. I'll take a look at the neck and do some interwebz searching when I get home.

Got myself a new Stratocaster today. I haven't had one for many years. Tried about 20 guitars at the stores and this one won!
162fe447eaafed04fe6a415c6693f296.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I just got the newest addition to my Les Paul family back, she got upgraded hardware and electronics and now she looks great

24761903926_42acd7a5ca_b.jpg

24161270873_676ba5703d_b.jpg

24761914276_75f1a7ce65_b.jpg

Hey guys! In my absence from the forum, I've been burying myself in my music and working out some recent demons. I wanted to share some of what I've been working on. I hope you all enjoy it. Im quite proud of where my art is going :banana:

I hope everyone is doing great!

https://soundcloud.com/nathaniel-john-biro/vodka-lemonade

Hey guys! In my absence from the forum, I've been burying myself in my music and working out some recent demons. I wanted to share some of what I've been working on. I hope you all enjoy it. Im quite proud of where my art is going :banana:

I hope everyone is doing great!

https://soundcloud.com/nathaniel-john-biro/vodka-lemonade

Nice to have you back!!

Looks like I'm getting a Les Paul Custom this next week
Made in 1996, black finish

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455325249.196162.jpg

I just found this on youtube so I thought I'd post it here. I was (and still am) a big James Taylor fan. I just saw these lessons he's posting with the "inside the guitar body" camera view so you can see his finger picking technique. Does anyone else do this? I find it fascinating! I know I've got a lot of basics to learn & master but at some point I'd like to play Fire & Rain or Carolina in My Mind.

JT is not too shabby of a guitar player!

Fire and Rain:

He also posted a tuning video. Does anyone know what type of digital tuner he's using (or a similar model?)

Tuning:

Getting the itch to upgrade the pickups in my p-bass. The stock one just have too much extra noise. Not sure if I should go with the Steve Harris Seymour Duncans or DiMarzio Model Ps. Anyone have experience with either brand in general?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455668655.620455.jpg

"Babysitting" my father in law's '64 Strat while they're out of town.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455668726.621692.jpg
'64 with my 70s RI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in here a ways back debating a new amp...and the itch is back haha. Never did pull the trigger due to other priorities, and won't be able to go for one any time soon, but researching for a little ways on. Maybe around my birthday in August or something.

Anyways, looking for something that will sound good practicing inside while not melting the walls, but could also handle a smallish gigging space if needed. Really looking for all tube. Top contenders right now based on reading reviews are Blackstar HT-5R, Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister 5 combo, and Marshall DSL-5C. If/when I come to actually buying, probably looking to keep it to $500 or less. I play mostly classic rock, hard rock, punk and metal with a little blues thrown in for flavor.

Just got back from a local Beatlefest: 20 or so bands in local bars. It was awesome to see so many people of a wide range of ages singing along to the songs. It was a great time!

I was in here a ways back debating a new amp...and the itch is back haha. Never did pull the trigger due to other priorities, and won't be able to go for one any time soon, but researching for a little ways on. Maybe around my birthday in August or something.

Anyways, looking for something that will sound good practicing inside while not melting the walls, but could also handle a smallish gigging space if needed. Really looking for all tube. Top contenders right now based on reading reviews are Blackstar HT-5R, Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister 5 combo, and Marshall DSL-5C. If/when I come to actually buying, probably looking to keep it to $500 or less. I play mostly classic rock, hard rock, punk and metal with a little blues thrown in for flavor.

I absolutely love my Blackstar. Gives me a nice metal crunch when I play a guitar with hot pickups, and a nice Marshally rock tone with my Les Paul. Highly recommended.

I absolutely love my Blackstar. Gives me a nice metal crunch when I play a guitar with hot pickups, and a nice Marshally rock tone with my Les Paul. Highly recommended.

Sweet man, thanks for the feedback. Marshall rock tone is promising! Do you find that you need any pedals to really get a high gain sound, or does it do reasonably well? I'm talking like Randy Rhoads Crazy Train or EVH level distortion.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sweet man, thanks for the feedback. Marshall rock tone is promising! Do you find that you need any pedals to really get a high gain sound, or does it do reasonably well? I'm talking like Randy Rhoads Crazy Train or EVH level distortion.

Nope. If you push it hard enough with the ISF voicing on the American side, you get a nice high gain sound.

Here's some samples I had put together a few years ago of the amp in high-ish gain territory, no boost used, just the amp tone and some post EQ in the mix.

Blackstar tones

Nope. If you push it hard enough with the ISF voicing on the American side, you get a nice high gain sound.

Here's some samples I had put together a few years ago of the amp in high-ish gain territory, no boost used, just the amp tone and some post EQ in the mix.

Blackstar tones
That's good news! That file didn't open right for some reason, but I'll have to YouTube some demo vids. At any rate it's probably better than my solid state Fender. Every time I play my PRS through a nice amp it sounds awesome, then I play at home and it's not as awesome haha

Back