Dream Driver Shaft

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, money is not an issue and this is a hypothetical question (no one gets a free shaft). Is there a driver shaft out there you would game if money was not an issue??

For me Matrix Ozik TP-6 last time I saw one it was $1,000. Not happening!!

Not sure if you followed it, but Project X Handcrafted event with THPers got them the ultimate custom made, personalized shaft out there. I'd have to think a lot of those are priceless.

If money was no object, I would be getting one of those. They looked awesome and fit their swings spectacularly.

Not sure if you followed it, but Project X Handcrafted event with THPers got them the ultimate custom made, personalized shaft out there. I'd have to think a lot of those are priceless.

If money was no object, I would be getting one of those. They looked awesome and fit their swings spectacularly.

This is my answer too ... or something similar from any other shaft company ... so incredible.

As an owner of one (actually, two) of the above-mentioned shafts, that is my absolute answer.

"And they are spectacular!"

Yep, same answer for me, the project X shaft where I get to design and roll it myself. That would be heaven

150% custom Project X hand rolled and customized graphics. Best. Weekend. EVER!

7e7e8c3c4cc8bc0514e0cbd1247b17cb.jpg

I wouldn't even know where to start.... I'd get fit for whatever works for my swing and if it's $1,000 great....if it's $200 perfect. I don't have any dream shaft in mind. I guess I'm just more of a get out there and hit it guy. Doesn't matter what it is. I just like to play.

9da6cb1cb10c46d863b326c9ed764696.jpg

jumping on the handcrafted experience bandwagon. that would be it, and i'd pay quite a bit to have that!

if i have to go retail, i don't think any of the super expensive stuff is really designed for me and my needs. honestly, the $45 aldila dvs i'm gaming right now is one of the better shafts i've ever gamed for me. maybe i would want to try the graphite design quattro tech, or something from the new attas line. last year was the year of driver shafts; this year will be the year of iron shafts.

I dunno, I don't think any one thing is the ultimate answer.
If you could take a magic pill or buy a magic shaft that could take you from a 10 handicap to scratch over night then I would pay a LOT.
But that is a fantasy so a holy grail shaft does not make sense.

Man there is some pure gold in here.
Between THPers making their own shaft, designing it, etc
To the custom THP Project X HandCrafted.

Something tells me a few more people will be coming in soon from our Texas UST monthly winners.

Having been one of the extremely lucky ones to be able to participate in the Project X #HandCraftedExperience I can say without a doubt I have my dream driver shaft. Custom made to my exact specs from the best in the business (Don) and being able to create the design of my choice. Yeah, I have my dream driver shaft. The #HandCraftedExperience was one of the most amazing things I've ever done in my life and I encourage all THPer's to try to get into this event in 2016.

Well not all of us had that incredible opportunity. How about we narrow it down to shafts you can actually purchase?

Is my jealousy showing?

Well not all of us had that incredible opportunity. How about we narrow it down to shafts you can actually purchase?

Is my jealousy showing?

It's coming back! You have another chance!

dream purchasable driver shaft? No idea, but whatever I would get fit into regardless of price. I'd say something Oban or Tour AD, but not sure they would actually work with my swing.

What makes a dream driver shaft?
Feel?
Looks?
I mean Grandura has to be up there based on what they are doing. I think the 590 S is the best shaft for me I have ever played.
PX HZRDUS has to be up there.
Matrix SpeedRulz is fantastic.
UST has some great options.

Man there is some pure gold in here.
Between THPers making their own shaft, designing it, etc
To the custom THP Project X HandCrafted.

Something tells me a few more people will be coming in soon from our Texas UST monthly winners.
Is that a hint from what's to come out of the UST events?

What makes a dream driver shaft?
Feel?
Looks?
I mean Grandura has to be up there based on what they are doing. I think the 590 S is the best shaft for me I have ever played.
PX HZRDUS has to be up there.
Matrix SpeedRulz is fantastic.
UST has some great options.

Yea this is what has me. Why is a $1,000 driver shaft a dream if it's an awful fit? Grandura, PX, Matrix all have fantastic fitting/performing options at no where close to that price.

Is that a hint from what's to come out of the UST events?

No. Just that two people every single month on THP get to go to UST HQ and learn, construct, get educated and fit and do it all for FREE!

Is my jealousy showing?

A bit :p But as Cookie said, you have a chance!

If I had to narrow it down to regular production shafts, I'd probably go with the Graphite Design AD-MJ or one of the production Project X Handcrafted Protos. Both are just silly smooth and launch it nice and high without ridiculous spin (presuming the right flex is chosen).

Project x Lz handcrafted is my dream shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back