The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a score...? A lot of these idiots celebrate every play they make. I can't stand the "look at me" attitude of today's players.

I'd be thrilled my team was winning but I'd still dislike Cam, Lynch, Sherman, etc. regardless of whether they were on my team or not. I respect the guys that make a play and act like it's no big deal. They've done it before and they'll do it again.

Lynch doesnt celebrate at all

I don't think you saw as much of the histrionics over just making a catch, run, tackle or breaking up a pass that you do now. No way it's the same.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I can't say historically, but I would bet it was similar if not worse in the 90's. It seemed you saw a throat slash after every single tackle at times. And the dirty bird puts the dab to shame. I remember seeing full defenses and offenses get together to celebrate.

I don't like the celebrating Cam does, or just about any preplanned celebrations. But when you have players constantly driving drunk, beating women, committing rape, getting in fights, taking cheap shots on other players, making racist statements on twitter and so much more. A dance to celebrate is not a big enough reason for me to hate a player, but different strokes for different folks. I've always had a completely illogical distaste for Peyton Manning. He just comes off disingenuous to me, and I've never really pulled for him. People dislike players for their own reasons.

Lynch doesnt celebrate at all
Didn't say he did although he does dive into the endzone grabbing his junk. My point was I'm not going to like him whether he's on my team or not.

I can't say historically, but I would bet it was similar if not worse in the 90's. It seemed you saw a throat slash after every single tackle at times. And the dirty bird puts the dab to shame. I remember seeing full defenses and offenses get together to celebrate.

I don't like the celebrating Cam does, or just about any preplanned celebrations. But when you have players constantly driving drunk, beating women, committing rape, getting in fights, taking cheap shots on other players, making racist statements on twitter and so much more. A dance to celebrate is not a big enough reason for me to hate a player, but different strokes for different folks. I've always had a completely illogical distaste for Peyton Manning. He just comes off disingenuous to me, and I've never really pulled for him. People dislike players for their own reasons.

I've watched a lot of football over the past 30 years or so, college and pro, and I still say there is no way it was as bad 20-25 years ago, as far as the "look at me" BS after every play, as it is today. That's all I'm talking about, social media and off the field is a whole other discussion. Agree to disagree I guess.

I don't think you saw as much of the histrionics over just making a catch, run, tackle or breaking up a pass that you do now. No way it's the same.

You are from outside Buffalo? Funny, I am from very near Blacksburg, Virginia. Remember Bruce Smith? I grew up going to games at Virginia Tech watching him do the "windmill" following every tackle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuYxVgghk-k

You are from outside Buffalo? Funny, I am from very near Blacksburg, Virginia. Remember Bruce Smith? I grew up going to games at Virginia Tech watching him do the "windmill" following every tackle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuYxVgghk-k
Don't remember him doing that all that much with the Bills, but I could be wrong. I'm not saying players didn't do it, just not as many and often as they do now. Again, agree to disagree.

I am right there with you. I have always disliked Peyton

dude gives the TD ball to a kid panther fan every time

After doing a bunch of stupid BS. We aren't going to see eye to eye on this and that's fine. I acknowledge his talent, but I don't care for the guy, it's that simple.

Ok seriously, drop it.

Time to move on.

What'd I miss?

We still talking Cam?

love it.

is this peyton's last game? i dunno. if he wins (doubt it) sure why not. but if he loses...

I think he is done after this year.

I think he is done after this year.
He was actually "done" three-quarters of the way through last year. And I'm a very devoted Broncos fan. Hurts me to say it, but his play just isn't up to par.

He was actually "done" three-quarters of the way through last year. And I'm a very devoted Broncos fan. Hurts me to say it, but his play just isn't up to par.

I think if you measure his play against the league as a whole it's almost certainly "up to par". It's when you compare him to his former self that he falls short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you measure his play against the league as a whole it's almost certainly "up to par". It's when you compare him to his former self that he falls short.

I don't think that's really accurate. By almost every measure statically Peyton was the worst QB in the league this year.

I don't think that's really accurate. By almost every measure statically Peyton was the worst QB in the league this year.

Well he is in the bottom third now that I look more closely at the stats. A lot worse that the eye test would say for sure.

I would say he was average in the playoffs, and atrocious in the regular season.

I would say he was average in the playoffs, and atrocious in the regular season.

Fair statement. His regular season was a lot worse than I thought.

I cannot allow myself to assume that Peyton is not capable of one last big night. He is the next QB the Panthers play and I expect they will prepare for him as if he is in his prime. He better be ready to roll out some because they will be coming at him with a ton of stunts.
Panthers really are a fundamental, disciplined team. I hate that their OC and DC weren't given head jobs but good for us for the future. The star is the relievers coach, Ricky Proehl. He made that bunch into something pretty good.

I cannot allow myself to assume that Peyton is not capable of one last big night. He is the next QB the Panthers play and I expect they will prepare for him as if he is in his prime. He better be ready to roll out some because they will be coming at him with a ton of stunts.
Panthers really are a fundamental, disciplined team. I hate that their OC and DC weren't given head jobs but good for us for the future. The star is the relievers coach, Ricky Proehl. He made that bunch into something pretty good.

The fact they didn't get interviews it kind of a good thing. It indicates they've made a deep run into the playoffs! I know Shulas name was getting tossed around several Niners blogs, but I don't think that was anything more than a rumor. Good call on Ricky Proehl, too. That WR corps has definitely put up numbers for them when lots of pundits seemed to think they were doomed when KB hurt his knee.

I think the best matchup is the Denver front 7 vs. the Carolina OL and Cam.

I do not think the Panthers WR's will do much of anything. I do not watch a ton of Panthers games, but from what I have saw, they run a lot of long passing routes... I cannot see that working against that Broncos pass rush.

I think the best matchup is the Denver front 7 vs. the Carolina OL and Cam.

I do not think the Panthers WR's will do much of anything. I do not watch a ton of Panthers games, but from what I have saw, they run a lot of long passing routes... I cannot see that working against that Broncos pass rush.
I think they are a very balanced passing attack, Ginn certainly is used for those long routes you speak of.

But I agree, seeing it Carolina can protect Cam and open holes for Stewart is the biggest storyline for me.

Edit: if the DEs just go wide everytime like they did against NE, Cam will eat them alive 8 yards at a time. They will certainly have to contain more than they did and not get behind him.

JohnS... I freaking hate your avatar.

I was at the game in 05 when that trash dumpster missed that field goal. I remember sitting in the stands for 30 minutes after the game with my hands in my face. I really think the 05 team was the best in all of the Peyton years.

JohnS... I freaking hate your avatar.

I was at the game in 05 when that trash dumpster missed that field goal. I remember sitting in the stands for 30 minutes after the game with my hands in my face. I really think the 05 team was the best in all of the Peyton years.

How can you not love it? Look at that pretty Colts blue! :alien:

I was putting polyurethane on the steps in our new house - had the game on TV in the background. Crowd was quiet as Pitt. was driving then I heard this godawful roar and felt sick to my stomach. Ran in to see the replay of Bettis fumbling and the guy basically having a return for TD until he let himself get tackled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back