Fun Quiz, Yinz Guys? Where Are Y'All From?

Reframmellator

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That was fun, the most red shaded area is from where I grew up! Worked for me!!

Mine had more to do with where my parents grew up and spent their early adult years than it did where I grew up. Mine was heavily read in the Panhandle, where my parents grew up, and Texas, where my parents spent the first 10 years of their careers. I was born in Texas but left when I was 4. The map was pretty blue here in Central Florida where I have spent most of my life.

Most of the western united states is red for me, the 3 cities suggested are not close to anywhere I have ever lived. Not too surprising though IMHO, west coast accents tend to run together with a few very distinct pockets where I think other areas of the country are much more distinctive.

Nailed me. Probably only needed the first 7 or 8 questions to figure out my origin. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

first time put me as PNW or Hawaii or Florida, second time with a little more thought into it put me as this

most of the time it puts me as the first result, with the Maryland/Virginia/Carolina area being added dependent on the yard sale / garage sale question

ufDHVCC.png

There are pretty much two questions that can be used to identify someone as being from MA, or at least the Northeast, in this quiz:

What's the thing you drink water from?
What do you call a traffic situation where roads meet at a circle?

They used my response to insect that flies around in the dark and lights up to get me close which is pretty interesting nailing down hometown vs the different places I’ve lived

There are pretty much two questions that can be used to identify someone as being from MA, or at least the Northeast, in this quiz:

What's the thing you drink water from?
What do you call a traffic situation where roads meet at a circle?

I always just ask them where they park their car. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I always just ask them where they park their car. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did not see the question "How do you like them apples?" on this quiz.

Interesting. It plopped me right down in Cleveland. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty close for me actually.

Spot on with Boston for me

It had me as Florida. I grew up in Minnesota/Wisconsin and just spent 2 decades in California. We do have a condo in Florida and will retire there for the winters in a few years!

so this quizz doesn't work for French Canadians, who whould have predicted that!

nailed it for where I grew up, R.I.

My red area starts near Pittsburgh and follows the PA Turnpike to the NJ Turnpike to the NY Thruway to Albany. I grew up east of the 'Burgh, my wife is from Jersey, and we've lived near Albany for most of our adult lives.

And can someone tell me where they say "The wolf is giving birth"?

Nailed it - St. Louis.

Pretty close. It pegged me in Spokane, Boise, or SLC.

I’ve lived in Western Oregon my entire 45 years. Those places are nice, too.

The funny one is my wife’s cousin/best friend. Grew up a little country girl here. Moved to Boston for work, and married a nice fella from there. Took them a while before the two families could communicate well when we all went to Vegas for Thanksgiving two years ago... What’s a cahhhh?

Pretty close for me, also. Put me in Denver/Aurora. I grew up in Wyoming. Not too far off.

It pretty much nailed it for me. I grew up in Vicksburg, MS and it used frontage road to target in on Jackson, MS, 40 miles away.

Mine was real close: definitely north eastern

Worked for me, central Ohio

Nailed me, guessed I was from Louisville or Lexington KY. I grew up just south of Lexington and I have lived in Louisville since college.

Back