TaylorMade GAPR MID Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This club is a winner in the utility / hybrid category. I couldn’t fit everything in one article - so, so much goodness.

Lots of info here Molten. Will have to re-read to digest it all. Of the three GAPR options, this is definitely the one I gravitate to the most. Given your experience, I'd probably tweak shaft pairing though should I give it a go at some point.

this one keeps growing on me, everything just makes sense

Lots of info here Molten. Will have to re-read to digest it all. Of the three GAPR options, this is definitely the one I gravitate to the most. Given your experience, I'd probably tweak shaft pairing though should I give it a go at some point.

Ha! Admittedly the first draft was even more dense/longer. The MID is just a knockout of a club that performs really well and exactly as advertised.

I can’t recommend it enough if you like iron shapes over hybrid shapes but still want that forgiveness and ball speed.

TaylorMade GAPR MID Review

Ha! Admittedly the first draft was even more dense/longer. The MID is just a knockout of a club that performs really well and exactly as advertised.

I can’t recommend it enough if you like iron shapes over hybrid shapes but still want that forgiveness and ball speed.

I do. It’s why I game a G400 crossover 4i. But there might be room for improvement in that slot because I launch it a little higher than what I think is ideal.

Good job on the review. Sounds like a club I could def look at if I were to kick the Ping out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job on the review Molten!

This looks like it could be a weapon in lots of hands as a safe club off the tee. I love seeing lots of LH options in these kind of niche clubs. All in all, this looks like a solid offering from TM.

Great job on the review Molten!

This looks like it could be a weapon in lots of hands as a safe club off the tee. I love seeing lots of LH options in these kind of niche clubs. All in all, this looks like a solid offering from TM.

I'd say fantastic and no LH's will be left behind (ok, ok they don't get all lofts). While it is an over simplification, its like a more forgiving P790 with all the distance gains. How does that not make everyone not at least want to hit it?!

+1
pic.png

Great review! Have always loved TM clubs and will look forward to trying one of these out sometime.

Great review with plenty of very helpful details. Sounds like a very solid and forgiving option. The forgiveness described low on the face is something I like hearing as that is a frequent miss of mine.

I like that review great info thank you!

Excellent review Molten. I'm sure I mentioned it in the original thread, but after testing GAPR MID earlier, I'm certain that this is a club I'll be gaming next year. Your homepage review is just more gasoline on my ponder fire. Thanks.

Excellent review Molten. I'm sure I mentioned it in the original thread, but after testing GAPR MID earlier, I'm certain that this is a club I'll be gaming next year. Your homepage review is just more gasoline on my ponder fire. Thanks.

Gimme fuel, gimme fire... Really though, pick one up daddio!

I've gamed a hi and a lo, now I finally get put a mid in the bag, I'm excited to see how it will finish out the top of my bag. I still can't figure out where my irons should stop, my hybrids should start and where a FW fits in, I honestly think based on my home course, this club should help out a lot!

I've gamed a hi and a lo, now I finally get put a mid in the bag, I'm excited to see how it will finish out the top of my bag. I still can't figure out where my irons should stop, my hybrids should start and where a FW fits in, I honestly think based on my home course, this club should help out a lot!
The MID is a club I keep coming back to surprisingly. It flies way under the radar compared to some other similar clubs.

I have decided that my irons stop at SGI 5 iron, so I bought the Gapr Mid to fill the spot between the 5w and 5i. I have only been able to test it out twice off mats at the range. So far its a keeper, once the season starts and I can get 3 rounds with it will I make the final call.

I just grabbed one of these for $85 brand new. Seemed like the price was worth the shot at it.

Anyone still gaming one of these?

I just grabbed one of these for $85 brand new. Seemed like the price was worth the shot at it.

I'm still gaming the 4...longest tenured club in my bag.

I have the Lo. I've only had it for a few months, but I am glad I've added it. It's more reliable and consistent than the 5w it replaced.

Yep, I've been using my 3 for quite awhile now and still absolutely love it. I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea but it's been automatic for me. I would actually say it's become one of my favorite clubs.

I'm still gaming the 4...longest tenured club in my bag.
Cool! I bought the 4 mid and planning to loft it up to get like a 220-230 kinda range. Hoping to hit it tomorrow.

Cool! I bought the 4 mid and planning to loft it up to get like a 220-230 kinda range. Hoping to hit it tomorrow.

Sweet, hope it goes well! I don't hit it quite that far. With the standard loft I'm in the 205-210 range. I think you'll like it. I know I do. It's like a nice mix between a larger game improvement iron and a smaller hybrid. I had the GAPR Hi 3 which I liked but traded it off on something. It kind of reminded me of an Apex. Now I go from the GAPR Mid 4 straight to something in a 2 hybrid loft; 17* or so. I still have a GAPR Lo 2 that I throw in the bag once in a while. Right now it is set at 15.5* and I just use it off the tee on a couple dog leg holes. It's fun but I rarely have it in the bag.

Sweet, hope it goes well! I don't hit it quite that far. With the standard loft I'm in the 205-210 range. I think you'll like it. I know I do. It's like a nice mix between a larger game improvement iron and a smaller hybrid. I had the GAPR Hi 3 which I liked but traded it off on something. It kind of reminded me of an Apex. Now I go from the GAPR Mid 4 straight to something in a 2 hybrid loft; 17* or so. I still have a GAPR Lo 2 that I throw in the bag once in a while. Right now it is set at 15.5* and I just use it off the tee on a couple dog leg holes. It's fun but I rarely have it in the bag.
Nice! About to get my range on right now!
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’ve still got it and it comes in and out of the bag from time to time. I kind of want to try it again now that I have a faster swing to see if the lower flight is better for me

Back