PING 2019 Drivers???

Chopper81

Reaction score
Handicap
8.4 WHS
Any whispers on a new release for 2019? Ive heard a few rumours of Ping going carbon? Id love to see it although I would assume carbon and they will probably reduce the turbulators and dragonfly would go??

Any whispers on a new release for 2019? Ive heard a few rumours of Ping going carbon? Id love to see it although I would assume carbon and they will probably reduce the turbulators and dragonfly would go??

It'll be the 410 series.

I'd bet we have/see more info soon enough.

I'm curious to put them up against my 400's

Ive heard January for the info and I’m hoping the talk about new adaptor doesn’t happen. Wil affect my decisions on upcoming shaft purchases.

Ive heard January for the info and I’m hoping the talk about new adaptor doesn’t happen. Wil affect my decisions on upcoming shaft purchases.

Its happening. And honestly, its time for them.

New sleeve and adjustable weights. 455 CC. Can’t wait to hit it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit off topic, but is there much cost or negative affect on shaft pulling/swapping adapters? Is there a limit to how many times this can be done without performance impact?

I heard the new Ping drivers will be radically different from the 400 series. Will they be that much better than a $300 G400 LST? Time will tell...

I'm good with my G400 Max, it does just fine. :clapp:

A bit off topic, but is there much cost or negative affect on shaft pulling/swapping adapters? Is there a limit to how many times this can be done without performance impact?

A good builder can do it multiple times, I've played some shafts in 5-6 different adapters/heads.

About time they get on the carbon train. But I do wonder what that may do to prices and how they implement all the tech they put into their crown now. I'm personally not a fan of the PING shape, but I'll definitely hit the next model.

I'm good with my G400 Max, it does just fine. :clapp:

That’s the thing. All these new ones coming out look great, but the MAX is just SO good for me. The G410, from what I’ve heard, though, is legit.

About time they get on the carbon train. But I do wonder what that may do to prices and how they implement all the tech they put into their crown now. I'm personally not a fan of the PING shape, but I'll definitely hit the next model.

I hope it’s not carbon, can’t stand the sound.

To be fair, they didn't need to get on the train with the G400 series based on reviews, feedback, and popularity.

But, I do agree its the next logical move for them to keep trying to find even more performance.

I hope it’s not carbon, can’t stand the sound.

I get that, I really do. It takes a little getting used to. Luckily, there is nothing wrong with the G400. Heck, buy a spare on closeout for when you want "new and shiny". And luckily this is all speculation and the rumor mill!

To be fair, they didn't need to get on the train with the G400 series based on reviews, feedback, and popularity.

But, I do agree its the next logical move for them to keep trying to find even more performance.

I totally agree. With the W/S Cortex out now, I can't think of a really major US OEM that doesn't have a carbon crown driver other than PING. What they did with the metal crown and all the weight savings they squeezed out is impressive. You just can't ignore the weight savings of carbon composite, especially if they are toying with moving weights and all that which require more weight there.

From what I’ve heard it’s going to offer more loft settings so that’s good but heard it’s not “pretty”. It’s not a big deal but I was planning to grab an attas or coool for the g400 and roll and not worry about g410 or just go to g410 later with those shafts. As you mentioned above swapping adapters isn’t a big deal. Now to rethink my approach but with recehtvtesting g400 isn’t going anywhere so g410 would have to be significant improvement in distance and/or dispersion

From what I’ve heard it’s going to offer more loft settings so that’s good but heard it’s not “pretty”. It’s not a big deal but I was planning to grab an attas or coool for the g400 and roll and not worry about g410 or just go to g410 later with those shafts. As you mentioned above swapping adapters isn’t a big deal. Now to rethink my approach but with recehtvtesting g400 isn’t going anywhere so g410 would have to be significant improvement in distance and/or dispersion

Same boat, was going to plug into both and see which shaft I like with the max and the 410. Now will prob to go on a LM and see if coool or attas is better in the max and then just put a new adapter on the other for the 410.

I totally agree. With the W/S Cortex out now, I can't think of a really major US OEM that doesn't have a carbon crown driver other than PING. What they did with the metal crown and all the weight savings they squeezed out is impressive. You just can't ignore the weight savings of carbon composite, especially if they are toying with moving weights and all that which require more weight there.
Titleist???

Same boat, was going to plug into both and see which shaft I like with the max and the 410. Now will prob to go on a LM and see if coool or attas is better in the max and then just put a new adapter on the other for the 410.

That was going to be my approach. With winter here was going to wait on spring before grabbing a shaft. My fw is about the only spot up for grabs so I’ll be testing g410 there with some other upcoming releases to find the winner...only upgrading here because it’s been almost two years of lookin at a scratch from alignment stick on my 917 and I need to not see that anymore.

Like I do every year I’ll test various drivers but my approach to just going new and shiny with same performance is over and like with my g25 driver in the past the g400 stays til it dies or gets beat out

That was going to be my approach. With winter here was going to wait on spring before grabbing a shaft. My fw is about the only spot up for grabs so I’ll be testing g410 there with some other upcoming releases to find the winner...only upgrading here because it’s been almost two years of lookin at a scratch from alignment stick on my 917 and I need to not see that anymore.

Like I do every year I’ll test various drivers but my approach to just going new and shiny with same performance is over and like with my g25 driver in the past the g400 stays til it dies or gets beat out

Exactly. I plan on hitting the 410, F9, and probably the Flash, but unless numbers are crazy better, the 400max will stay.

Sliding this in as it seems pertinent:

PING, is raising their cost of their next driver, to the same levels.

Exactly. I plan on hitting the 410, F9, and probably the Flash, but unless numbers are crazy better, the 400max will stay.

Those two plus Tm are on my radar. I’m also intrigued by the current Mizuno and the next one. I have a buddy who is playin the current one and he’s crushing it. He’s been a Mizuno guy forever and has been in and off with their driver offering but can’t stop talking about this one. Thankfully I don’t play with him often otherwise I may be a few dollars lighter

Just some wreckless speculation:

G410 is coming in Jan/Feb 2019 with LS model in May

SF Tec model is still offered.

G400 Max remains current until July/Aug 2019 at a lower price point

Higher MOI than G400

Black with Red accents colorway

455cc

Has 3 weight ports (back, heel, toe) and not a sliding weight.

New adapter allows for up to +/- 1.5°, as well as having a flatter lie angle setting.

Turbulators still there.

Crown is different without the dragonfly on the top but a "ridge-turbulator" on each side going to the back end.

Last edited:

I think the original Ping Rapture was the best performing driver the company ever made. It was a carbon top.

Hmmm. There is a lot of info here, but a lot of it is not accurate based on what I swung.

Back