Project X LZ Graphite 58g? San Diego- Callaway XR stock shafts

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all.

Im curious about the project x lz shafts that looks like they came stock on some the recent callaway xr irons. They say "san diego" at the top and have this mid 2000's kinda graphic look to them with a bunch of numbers near the grip end of the shaft- one of them that is repeating is "58g" so I guess they're 58g shafts. Also the flex is listed at 5.5- which would be my favorite- flex if it translated at all to the steel 5.5 flex.

What can anyone tell me about these **edit** (super light) boys (iron shafts)?

Should I expect them to flex at an actual 5.5? They're listed as regular but isnt 5.5 considered a regular plus? I know i really like the flex 5.5 project x steels. But Id like something a lot lighter.

Last edited:
Those were the stock shafts in the XR drivers.

I'm usually fit into PX 5.5 (if we're talking the regular old PX) in irons, but I play 6.0 in the woods. PX 5.5 in irons is more a true stiff than R+.

Edit: Oops, misread the whole "irons" thing. Reading is fundamental.

Last edited:
Those were the stock shafts in the XR irons. They are a mid trajectory light weight graphite iron shaft.

The won't be as stiff in flex or feel as the original PX steel. The would be a normal regular in a lightweight graphite iron shaft.

Those were the stock shafts in the XR irons. They are a mid trajectory light weight graphite iron shaft.

The won't be as stiff in flex or feel as the original PX steel. The would be a normal regular in a lightweight graphite iron shaft.

so theyd be more like the px 5.0 in steel?

Back