NorCal Crew Outing (19-20MAR)

mr.hicksta

Golf->Tacos->Gainz
Reaction score
This thread is to facilitate planning, coordination and trash talk for the NorCal THPer outing the weekend of 3/18-3/20!

Golf Gamebook Codes
Poppy Ridge - 15433247
Laguna Seca - 53421466
Poppy Hills - 67147008

Friday 3/18
Poppy Ridge - http://poppyridgegolf.com/
*1030 tee time for ~4
1. Plinyyounger
2. Rein
3. mr.hicksta

Saturday 3/19
Laguna Seca Golf Ranch rates - http://www.lagunasecagolf.com/-golf-rates
* 9 AM tee time for ~8
* Players:
1. mr.hicksta
2. ASN21
3. time4tim
4. mancest
5. Plinyyounger
6. Rein
7. emmers

Group 1: mr.hicksta, ASN21, time4tim, mancest
Group 2: Plinyyounger, Rein, emmers

Sunday 3/20
Poppy Hills rates - http://poppyhillsgolf.com/rates/
** Hole 6: Closest to the pin, Hole 12: Long drive**
* 9 AM tee time for ~12
* Players:
1. mr.hicksta
2. ASN21
3. time4tim
4. mancest
5. Plinyyounger
6. Rein
7. Radrob
8. Josh (RR's stepson)
9. TheHeez
10. Brianbigoats
11. syndicate559
12. Pingstew

Group 1: ASN21, time4tim, Plinyyounger, Rein
Group 2: mancest, TheHeez, Pingstew, mr.hicksta
Group 3: Radrob, Radjosh, Brianbigoats, syndicate559

Last edited:
I think we might have to do some #THPCallouts!

I'm in. Thanks for starting this. If anyone going needs to split a room, I am more than willing. Especially at the price they tend to charge in the area. Hoping this happens as I have been wantin to get back over to play. Hate going that far to play as a single.

I am in. If people want to try and play 36 Saturday I could probably make it down in time and then play 18 Sunday. Or I am good to play 18 each day. Whatever people want to do I am game.

Sounds fun! Count me in!

Call me Maybe.

First post updated with participants and maybes!

We need Heez, Schanker, Duffer, Chico Golfer, Eddie in Fresno, Papa, Wonton, and I know I am missing others. Who wouldn't want to be in Monterey in late March. We need you to represent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lists updated again, but I may have some of the names wrong! This is shaping up to be a solid event :D

These gatherings are always fun, don't be the person who regretted not coming out!

This would be a nice vacation!
Really pricey on the rates though. I may have to postpone buying a new motorcycle...

NorCal Throwdown: Bayonet/BH & Poppy Hills (19-20MAR)

NorCal Throwdown: Bayonet/BH & Poppy Hills (19-20MAR)

At Bayonet/BH for some putting. It's quite nice out here

a1f808467ff3f50ba0ede3f483be52b0.jpg

1346f696c13c3d645a75597d5981dac6.jpg

baf0059ebc07e290358c66a7ff6e72d5.jpg

Why aren't you playing Josh?!!

Wow, I get on the maybe thread before I even get a chance to respond. We'll see if I can talk the boss into it. I might only be able to do Saturday because of conflicts on Sunday.

Wow, I get on the maybe thread before I even get a chance to respond. We'll see if I can talk the boss into it. I might only be able to do Saturday because of conflicts on Sunday.

Yeah, there are several people on the maybe list that I haven't even seen on here in months so that maybe list should maybe retitled hopefully.

Would love to hear from syndicate559 but I know Eddie was busy with a lot of things last year.

Also, anybody who can sneak out for 18 either day, come on out. Some of us are lucky and can play as much as we want but understand that many of us have people to report to.

Yeah, there are several people on the maybe list that I haven't even seen on here in months so that maybe list should maybe retitled hopefully.

Would love to hear from syndicate559 but I know Eddie was busy with a lot of things last year.

Also, anybody who can sneak out for 18 either day, come on out. Some of us are lucky and can play as much as we want but understand that many of us have people to report to.

i can play whenever, let me know and I'll drive down.

My bad man and there's no issues adjusting the lists as necessary! I just wanted to try and get a head count for when it comes time to make tee times :D

List titles updated!

My bad man and there's no issues adjusting the lists as necessary! I just wanted to try and get a head count for when it comes time to make tee times :D

I'm just giving you a hard time, no worries. I'm definitely interested.

Might have to join the NCGA, to add to my SCGA membership. Its looks cheaper to get one than to pay the higher rate.

Might have to join the NCGA, to add to my SCGA membership. Its looks cheaper to get one than to pay the higher rate.

Right on! Yeah an NCGA membership would definitely help with the Poppy Hills rates, that's for sure.

Not sure if everybody has to have it to get the NCGA rate. I know several of us have it (including myself) and when you book it we have to provide our name and GHIN number to confirm at the time of reservation but not sure they check when paying.

EDIT:

Just checked on Poppy Hills website. Rates for weekends is $100 for NCGA member, $130 for guests accompanied by an NCGA member. Much cheaper than the $225 to the General public!!!

Carts are an additional $25/player so I would probably bring my push cart and hoof it to save a few bucks.

Bayonet/Black Horse is $140 weekend morning, $95 for NCGA members (another $25/person for cart regardless). They have a replay rate of $55 (including cart) but I would check to see if you can replay the other course with that deal.

With these rates I am going to have to find a cheap hotel if we play 54 in a weekend :act-up:.

Last edited:
Definitely maybe :alien:

Im hoping the Gauntlet is calling my name this year!

Keep me in the "Maybe" camp for now. Wife and I are going to be in Monterey the week before (literally made hotel reservations this AM before seeing this thread). She has shutdown the golf option so maybe I can come back the following weekend and join the crew.

Back