Phil Mickelson in 2016

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Struggled near the end of last season and has gone 2 years without a win. Here is a look at his last 2 years.

2015 - 19 events played
3 top 10 (including a 2nd and 3rd)
3 missed cuts

2014 - 21 events played
1 top 10 (2nd)
3 missed cuts

So what do you project on 2016?
How many wins?
Top 10s?

I think Phil turns it around this year for a few reasons. I think he wants to represent the US in both the Ryder Cup and the Olympics and honestly i would love to see him do both. So heres to hope!

3 wins
2 Major top 5 finishes
7 top 10's

I think it continues. Just too many young guns coming through playing insanely good golf. I wouldn't bet on Phil getting a win, but he should get a few top 10's.

More of the same I feel. I think he's reaching a point in his life where golf and winning isn't the most important thing to him. He's got to worry about his health, his girls are getting older and will be gone soon from home, so I don't see the drive there to really win reguarly with the talent that's out there now.

Wins: 0

Top Tens: 2

Best Major Finish: 25th (Masters)

I think Phil turns it around this year for a few reasons. I think he wants to represent the US in both the Ryder Cup and the Olympics and honestly i would love to see him do both. So heres to hope!

3 wins
2 Major top 5 finishes
7 top 10's
Wow!!! Care to make those predictions "interesting" :D

I predict 2 wins
4 top 10s

I think he also makes the Olympics and Ryder cup Teams

Wow!!! Care to make those predictions "interesting" :D
No way haha hes given me zero reason to believe what i believe. Its just something i hope for more than i think will happen

I think he continues to fade away a little, his illness is not a forgiving one and I think it's taking its toll. I have a friend on the same medication as he is and the side effects are brutal long term so that may be a factor too

No way haha hes given me zero reason to believe what i believe. Its just something i hope for more than i think will happen
LOL...I agree. I would be thrilled if he had a year like that, it would be really cool to see him battling it out with Day or Speith in the final round of one of the Majors.

0 wins
2 Top 10s

Just SO many guys playing really good gold week in and week out right now, Phil seems to be spurattic and hes obviously on the decline in his career.

0 wins
1 top 10

He may catch lightning in a bottle one week but I'm afraid his career is all but done.

Man, I'd love to see Phil put it together this year and win about 3 or 4 times, but with how many great players there are each and every week I just don't see it.

1 win
5 top 10's

I think that might be a little too optimistic, but while I'm at it, maybe that 1 win can be the US Open at Oakmont??? Haha

I think the arthritis is worse than he is letting on publicly, but thats just me.

I'll say 1 top 5 in a major, 3 top 10's, no wins though.

Phil the Thrill..... Would love to see him close out the slam, just all depends on how he takes to his new swing coach.

I am not bullish. Father Time and moving away from Butch...

0 wins
1 top 10

1 win, 3 top 10s

I really have enjoyed watching Phil but I think his illness is worse than stated and I agree with Tadashi70 from the Biggest Fall on Tour. No nemesis, no chase, no drive.

I think Phil will continue his free fall. I honesty think he needs TW to be motivated. Tiger was his rival and pushed him. With TW taking on youth soccer coaching I see Phil playing uninspired golf in 2016

Zero Wins
One Top Ten

I tend to think the youngsters run the table this year, and Phil will have a rough go (but would be more than happy to be proved wrong).

he's been trending the wrong way since his Open Championship victory.

I think he finds the winners circle this year though because it's been too long for Phil. Probably an event like Houston. Give me 1 win and 3 top 10s

I think it's dependent on how many events he plays. If he plays more I like his chances less.

But I think he will go (based on 20 events)

2 wins
5 top tens (including the wins)
2 MCs

Contends in 2/4 majors

I say 2 wins...he may even win early, like Riviera or TPC. Olympics, no. Ryder Cup, yes, one way or another he'll be playing.

I also think he'll contend in a major. He's usually good @ Augusta and he's got the most recent mojo @ Baltusrol. I just hope (for his sanity and mine) that he doesn't contend in the US Open and finish 2nd AGAIN.

No wins unfortunately. He will play well at the Olympics and US Open though

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

While I want Lefty to return to winning, I don't think it is going to happen.

Like others have said, too many young guns and we truly don't know where his health really is.

0 wins and 4 Top 10s.

1 win
5 top 10's
0 major's
8 missed cuts

Back