I’m Still Alive (Auto Accident and Recovery)

Damn dude glad you're ok!

My buddy too works night shifts and has had a couple close calls getting home after super long nights.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lakeland resident here, pm me if you want to get a round in sometime. My son is also LEO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow crazy story glad you are healed up! Be safe and thank you for what you do

Yes that ballpark on Park Rd was their home for years.

Damn CJ I had no idea. I actually remember that shooting I believe. I don't remember hearing about the accident, but I remember those trips home very well, and County Line is just the type of road that can happen on. I'm glad recovery has gone well and you are ready to get back on the street.

Do you know Raj? He used to ride along with me every weekend when he was an Explorer, I think he working the night of the shooting if I remember correctly.

That explains why that stadium is there to begin with. I do know Raj very well actually but he is on the opposite shift as me. I dont know if he was working the night of this incident, he might have been working the hospital. Though last year we were both involved in a officer involved shooting which might be the incident you are referring too. That one was on the news along with the incident I talk about in my story. In fact if you watch our Chiefs press conference I standing directly behind him. My crash also was on the news as well.

Lakeland resident here, pm me if you want to get a round in sometime. My son is also LEO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Of course, nothing like teeing it up with fellow THPers!! What department is your son at?

That explains why that stadium is there to begin with. I do know Raj very well actually but he is on the opposite shift as me. I dont know if he was working the night of this incident, he might have been working the hospital. Though last year we were both involved in a officer involved shooting which might be the incident you are referring too. That one was on the news along with the incident I talk about in my story. In fact if you watch our Chiefs press conference I standing directly behind him. My crash also was on the news as well.

I definitely remember the other shooting. I missed the accident completely though. . I always check for names I know with any of those stories. I'm glad all is well now though, hope you can transition back easily. Going back to nights?

Glad to hear you're ok.

Falling asleep at the wheel is no joke. I work way too many hours including an overnight shift and unfortunately (but honestly) have fallen asleep at red lights and stop signs on my way home or been driving down the road and in what feels like the blink of an eyeI am seconds from crashing into a parked car on the other side of the road. I now regularly make a stop half way to get out of the car and walk around/grab food and a drink just to get my body active again. If if i'm not feeling tired I still make the stop and now no longer have those close calls.

I definitely remember the other shooting. I missed the accident completely though. . I always check for names I know with any of those stories. I'm glad all is well now though, hope you can transition back easily. Going back to nights?

Yeah for now, might be going to days but only because they want me in traffic (ironically).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing.....best to you.

What an amazing story, and a stark reminder for everyone that tired/exhaustion is absolutely a reason not to drive.

Amazing story and glad you have recovered. Be safe out there and thank you for your service in Law Enforcement.

Wow. Glad you're ok! Sorry my birthday will always be remembered as a terrible day for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Damn CJ. That’s rough.

Glad you’re whole again.

Back