TaylorMade M2 Irons Preview

The obsession with lofts being tied to a certain number make me laugh, a bit.

I couldnt care less what iron # is tied to what loft, as long as I know what club I hit which distance, my gaps are solid, and my bag is complete.

Exactly. The whole traditional loft vs jacked loft seems to come into the conversation all the time. The companies have to set loft to get flight right. I want each club to go a certain distance and same all therapy through my bag. If the 7i is 2* stronger than traditional loft and goes the distance I want then I'm happy.

I watched the Rick Shiel's review of these irons and it seemed like the hype did not show in the actual test results. The 6 iron with super strong lofts was supposed to launch at the height as his normal (older) 6 iron but the test showed it launched like his normal 5 iron. He claimed they were east to hit and went quite far but not the height they were supposed to. I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm sure other people may have different results.

I couldnt care less what iron # is tied to what loft, as long as I know what club I hit which distance, my gaps are solid, and my bag is complete.
This^

I need a certain club to go 150 yards, it doesn't matter if it says 8, 6, or 12 for all I care... just as long as it performs and consistently gives me that distance and the whole set is void of any major gaps.

Feel like I need to store this post and just "copy" and "paste" from time to time.

There's also no such thing as "standard lofts".

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yea, but what would people complain about then? these dang kids keep coming on my lawn.

Feel like I need to store this post and just "copy" and "paste" from time to time.

There's also no such thing as "standard lofts".

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Feel free to.
Yea, but what would people complain about then? these dang kids keep coming on my lawn.
You darn whipper snappers with your 43* PWs and your multi-layered balls. You know how hard it is to golf with old balls?

Wait..... So the low h/c irons are the M2 tour? Why not the M1? Or is there another iron set coming out with the M1 designation? Seems really odd to leave just the M1 driver and no other M1 anything.

I was with TM up the this point with their naming, but that seems strange.

Regardless I hope they sell, a strong TM is a good thing.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

yeah, he said Aeroburner and RSI are going away, replaced by the M2 and M2 tour as stated above. i didnt think to ask about an M1 iron.

i own both RSI-1 and Aeroburner, im currently figuring out a hybrid/mixed set to bag as i struggle hitting the long RSI irons i purchased this summer. i live in PA and the aeroburner irons just arrived friday, and then saturday we got over 2 feet of snow....uggh.....i guess the trial will have to wait a bit.......lol.

These are really solid looking.

For the first time in years, I'm genuinely excited to try out a new set from TM.

For the first time in years, I'm genuinely excited to try out a new set from TM.

Same. I really like the looks of these, and again, if performance is a combo of the Burners & SpeedBlades, this could be a real winner for TMaG.

These kinda remind me of my old Burner 2.0s which I had forever. I may have to check these out.

These kinda remind me of my old Burner 2.0s which I had forever. I may have to check these out.
Exactly what we have been saying!

This is pretty typical, however the types of players stronger lofted irons are geared towards will always do better to pursue the actual results, not what's under the hood.

They'd almost be better to not share the lofts at all and make people guess. ....and I bet they'd guess wrong.

i-v5HmNJH-XL.jpg

i-MVVmwtd-XL.jpg

i-zXVWJPt-XL.jpg

i-kJ76G6j-XL.jpg

i-T3HkkzP-XL.jpg

i-nZnmP2S-XL.jpg

i-Nj3hXLp-XL.jpg

this is a release I think could sell really well. the burner 2.0s were a great iron set, these could surf on their reputation

You know how hard it is to golf with old balls?

but... old balls will make you a better ball striker :alien:

I'm seriously intrigued. Would love to see both sets from address, I'm uber curious.

Got any more photos of the tour, Dean?
Trying to update as they load. Wardy and Fupresti took the photos here so if more get loaded I'll throw them in.

Side by side, they remind me of the Burner 1.0 and the Burner 2.0 models. I'm a bigger fan of the M2 tour than the regular M2, mostly because of look. That hosel move they made to save the few grams of weight makes it look adjustable.

Thanks for the in-hand photos, Dean. Lose are good looking. I likey.

i-45Jh4fn-XL.jpg

i-6MKnPSC-XL.jpg

i-4dm6MmB-XL.jpg

i-NdLQkBx-XL.jpg

I need to hit the M2 Tours. Yep.

Back