Pictures of your back swing

100 yards and in. Always a challenge.

I'm more confused that you think this is steep:

58c7aad90d4d17981ebd103d7966cd45.jpg

But this isn't:

919842b9fcaf03ef80e6ca7ad99aebba.jpg

I know my swing is not ideal. What I do know, I'm not steep or stuck.
You slide and tilt and flip.he turns and rotates with level hips.His handle is almost darn near the same at impact.Where you lift up and back out of it to make room for your dump early extension swipe.Believe me,I'm still working on this but I see you in me.Thank you for posting your swing,now I see what my teacher is talking about

you are all tilted up dumped and raise.He is level and turns

Just trying to help.Forgive me if I went overboard Blu and gold.

I will consider it. I look on plan and not steep at all into the ball. I know my swing path is darn near 0'ed out into the ball as well.

[video=youtube;-RaHMskTQVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RaHMskTQVs&sns=em[/video]

Nice swing bro. Especially for a guy your size, that's a really nice turn.

For the 100 yards and in, my 2 cents: a flatter swing arc. Think right and through, rather than behind and around.

Last edited:
Nice swing bro. Especially for a guy your size, that's a really nice turn.

For the 100 yards and in, my 2 cents: a flatter swing arc. Think right and through, rather than behind and around.
What we have been working on, my swing used to be much flatter. Now, with the current on plane swing, we have worked on multiple shots with wedges for different yardages and pin placements. How to hit a lower running 80 yard shot versus a high soft 80 yards for example. I've been on a really good launch monitor all winter and I think it's gone pretty well.

What we have been working on, my swing used to be much flatter. Now, with the current on plane swing, we have worked on multiple shots with wedges for different yardages and pin placements. How to hit a lower running 80 yard shot versus a high soft 80 yards for example. I've been on a really good launch monitor all winter and I think it's gone pretty well.

Oh that sort of thing. I use a 9 iron pitch for a soft 80 yards, and a little 7 iron for the running one.

Nice to hear things are coming along fine.

This was an.... Interesting.... Read this morning.

Like a train wreck. I couldn't look away no matter how hard I tried

My mom always taught me if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. I kept my mouth shut. Haha

Pictures of your back swing

My mom always taught me if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. I kept my mouth shut. Haha

Yup yup mom's are smart that way.

Ill never post my swing in here :)

Yup yup mom's are smart that way.

Ill never post my swing in here :)
You don't want to know what my dad taught me....

But your right. I don't need to think more than I already do.

Just trying to help.Forgive me if I went overboard Blu and gold.

not trying to be mean, but it's possible to not go overboard and still be wrong. remember that what your instructor may be telling you is not 100% accurate for everyone; instead, it may be an exaggeration to get you to stop doing something ingrained in your swing. i remember sitting down with my buddy who was taking lessons from the same instructor i was, and as i relayed what my instructor was telling me he would say that the instructor was saying the exact opposite to him. why? because we had very different swing issues that required very different (and often opposite) remedies.

i appreciate your fervor for the golf swing. i am guilty of playing swing doctor with no degree, only regurgitating what i've been told. personally, i disagree with your assessment of blu's swing. he has a solid turn over a bent trailing knee and gets through the ball beautifully. i think he could stand to get through to his left side a little better, but that's a minor thing in an otherwise powerful, efficient swing.

don't stop giving feedback as it's great to have input from different perspectives. just try to recognize that people usually have a plan with their instructors.

I will consider it. I look on plan and not steep at all into the ball. I know my swing path is darn near 0'ed out into the ball as well.

[video=youtube;-RaHMskTQVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RaHMskTQVs&sns=em[/video]

Looks good to me man, nice takeaway and coming in on plane from the inside. If your getting the ball flight you want and a distance you're happy with, do your thing.

I follow @ggswingtips on IG, IMO what he teaches isn't for everyone. Don't get me wrong he's good, but not for everyone. It's not something I think I could ever do, wish it was, some of his student have beautiful swings!

i appreciate your fervor for the golf swing. i am guilty of playing swing doctor with no degree, only regurgitating what i've been told. personally, i disagree with your assessment of blu's swing. he has a solid turn over a bent trailing knee and gets through the ball beautifully. i think he could stand to get through to his left side a little better, but that's a minor thing in an otherwise powerful, efficient swing.

Getting to the left side is my biggest fault. I tend to hang back on my right leg. That is what I am working on now, you nailed it. Most of the winter has been working on keeping the club in front of me and staying on plane. I used to start back on the inside, let the club get under my hands and somehow reroute it at the top. I like my plane now, it's a matter of footwork.

https://vimeo.com/156706769

Sounds good. Good contact but I have to get those hips outta the way a tiny bit faster....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can delete my comments.Was only trying to help

Getting to the left side is my biggest fault. I tend to hang back on my right leg. That is what I am working on now, you nailed it. Most of the winter has been working on keeping the club in front of me and staying on plane. I used to start back on the inside, let the club get under my hands and somehow reroute it at the top. I like my plane now, it's a matter of footwork.

yeah, I've followed your swing progress threads and your change in takeaway has been very impressive. it's a process, and it's awesome to see somebody make big strides. has it improved your ball flight? consistency?

yeah, I've followed your swing progress threads and your change in takeaway has been very impressive. it's a process, and it's awesome to see somebody make big strides. has it improved your ball flight? consistency?

No idea. I've been indoors since November. On the monitor, ball flight has become more consistent. I have even started working on shaping shots. Controlling trajectory and flight.

There was no way I could do that before. It was always a hope and a prayer. Now, I can make the ball go right or left on purpose with almost all of my clubs. It's just a matter of how much right or left that's the hard part.

You can delete my comments.Was only trying to help

I think it's all right. The guys here are cool.

I used to not be able to keep my mouth shut on other people's swings way back when I was new to the game and actually didn't know anything about the golf swing. Misspent enthusiasm.

These days when I know a little more, I keep my comments to myself unless I'm really sure of what I'm about to say. Just half-kidding, talking about another dude's swing is like saying something about his ideas on politics, religion, love or choice of women, the discussion usually doesn't end up nice. It's part of growing old in this game.

Still, there's a lot of cool and knowledgeable guys here. Keep golfing.

Everyone's swing is different, the result is what's important. If you are having a problem that is the result of part of your swing there are usually reasons and fixes and some work for some people and not for others.

If anyone looked at Tommy Gainey's swing and didn't know he was a PGA pro I'm sure there would be lots of comments and unneeded advice because as ugly and awkward as his swing is he hits the ball way better than anyone on this forum (I'm guessing).

blugold's swing gets him to a single digit handicap. I'm sure there are players with 2 and 3 times his handicap that have "prettier" swings...not that yours isn't pretty, blu :)

No idea. I've been indoors since November. On the monitor, ball flight has become more consistent. I have even started working on shaping shots. Controlling trajectory and flight.

There was no way I could do that before. It was always a hope and a prayer. Now, I can make the ball go right or left on purpose with almost all of my clubs. It's just a matter of how much right or left that's the hard part.

Brandel says staying out of the squat rack every once in awhile will fix that.

Brandel says staying out of the squat rack every once in awhile will fix that.
Brandel wouldn't recognize a squat rack if a tornado dropped one on him

Brandel wouldn't recognize a squat rack if a tornado dropped one on him
Hey "blue and gold" I think your swing has progressed nicely, keep at it man. I smell troll

Hey "blue and gold" I think your swing has progressed nicely, keep at it man. I smell troll
Nah. I smell good intentions that didn't come across as intended.

Back