When is the Proper time for Holiday Music?

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, I have a strict rule in my office. No holiday music until Thanksgiving or after since we don’t open until the following Monday.

If a radio station changes to holiday music before Thanksgiving, then it’s time to change the station.

Am I a humbug Scrooge or the boss is right?

I told my group if this forum says I am wrong they get the music. Don’t let me down. The holidays don’t start till Thanksgiving right?

ae2958b9db609eb16b51ed1f7bdd912b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every day, screw the boss

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Every day, screw the boss

Hold you horses. NO on everyday. Where is my down like?

Hahaha, we got our tree early this year's tonight actually so I'm in the spirit ha

Dec 1st would be okay with me. Gotta let Thanksgiving digest a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I say after Thanksgiving, my wife says once November arrives.

Take a wild guess when music has started around here....

Day after Thanksgiving through January 6 (the twelfth day of Christmas.)

It frosts my buns that stations that start playing Christmas music the day after Halloween are often the same ones that switch back to regular programming at noon on Christmas Day.

To be honest, though, the quality of what's played bugs me a whole lot more than the quantity. By December 10, I'm ready to strangle someone if I hear "Wonderful Christmastime" or "Dominick the Donkey" one more time. And Christmas for me is a religious holiday. Which is why I have about two dozen of my favorite albums on a USB drive for my car and on my PC at home. Most of my list could never be played in the workplace.

Day after Thanksgiving through January 6 (the twelfth day of Christmas.)

It frosts my buns that stations that start playing Christmas music the day after Halloween are often the same ones that switch back to regular programming at noon on Christmas Day.

To be honest, though, the quality of what's played bugs me a whole lot more than the quantity. By December 10, I'm ready to strangle someone if I hear "Wonderful Christmastime" or "Dominick the Donkey" one more time. And Christmas for me is a religious holiday. Which is why I have about two dozen of my favorite albums on a USB drive for my car and on my PC at home. Most of my list could never be played in the workplace.

Lol love this. Do the radio stations have to play the same songs everyday!!

But, I do like Dominic the Donkey. Hee Haw

It was cute the first 433 times I heard it . . . .

Just hear those sleigh bells ringling ting ting tingling lol

NEVER! Is that a choice?
I really have come to despise xmass music. Maybe it's because I'm Jewish . but it used to be we wouldn't hear it till Thanksgiving but now it starts before Halloween.
don't get me wrong I like Bing Crosby.
Just reading this thread has triggered me and now I'm sitting in a quiet room looking at my menorah waiting for the day to arrive.:))

Let's call it Christmas creep. it keeps getting earlier and earlier every year.

BAH Humbug!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

I say after Thanksgiving, my wife says once November arrives.

Take a wild guess when music has started around here....
Happy wife, happy life blink blink

NEVER! Is that a choice?
I really have come to despise xmass music. Maybe it's because I'm Jewish . but it used to be we wouldn't hear it till Thanksgiving but now it starts before Halloween.

BAH Humbug!

Booo

NEVER! Is that a choice?

BAH Humbug!

I am a Christmas baby, it is my favorite time of year for sure. However, I am counting this on my side of the bet

Not a fan, but if it is to be played then for the month of December is fine. Our boss doesn't allow any radio or music in the office so am lucky.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

This was really funny.

According to mrs.hicksta, the proper time was in September, haha! But I'm with you...I rather enjoy Thanksgiving so I've had to ask her to let turkey day happen first before going into Christmas overdrive.

Personally I would like from the day before christmas eve...but realistically I would say from Dec 1

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of Christmas music so I vote "never" as a good time to start playing it.

Never listen to the actual radio (XM instead) so don't hear much of it except when in stores. But I would say prior to Thanksgiving is too soon.

As soon as the Thanksgiving meal clean up is complete, let the Christmas music roll! BUT if it improves workplace morale to play it early, I’d allow it.

MK

Since we have an artificial tree, and since it goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving, that's when I start the Christmas music. But I've been dialing it back over the course of the season the past few years - just seems like it's hard to avoid a LOT of bad XMas music. It's not special when it's overplayed.

Day after Thanksgiving. We start decorating the house that weekend and my wife has it running the entire weekend. I've conditioned myself to it.

Back