State Apparel - Functional and Green Golf Clothing

Polarizing review shirt it seems. The other offerings might have more general appeal.

Polarizing review shirt it seems. The other offerings might have more general appeal.

The shirts come in various colors and different designs - I'd focus on the material, craftsmanship, funcitonality and form, but not the color. :)

Horrible.
And I don’t think that’s a strong enough opinion.
Freddie said it correctly, I’d expect to see bowling pins on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Way over priced.
2. Why would I want to wipe my sand wedge off on my pants only to have the sand go down in my shoe? (see their front page)
3. Nothing special in the way of design.

None of the polo's look good to me, the buttons go too far down the shirt for my tastes. The 1/4 zips on the site don't look bad but for that price I'll go with other options.

Drumdog makes a great point, I like the idea of being able to wipe my club off on my pants but having the potential of junk sliding down in to my shoe causes a bigger problem.

I like the pants honestly. Seems like a solid-ish innovation. My issue is the price point. None of the polos speak to me and $36 for a t-shirt just is not a thing for me.

I like the pants honestly. Seems like a solid-ish innovation. My issue is the price point. None of the polos speak to me and $36 for a t-shirt just is not a thing for me.

Exactly - I never like everything in anyone's lineup. I generally look for value and what I can't find elsewhere. I said "generally." lol.

The pants really intrigue me too, particularly in the cold weather or messy conditions.

The pants really intrigue me too, particularly in the cold weather or messy conditions.

My issue is the price point. I’m just never paying that much for a pair of pants.

I know that the buttons on the collar are not exactly a crown favorite but it looks pretty darn normal when you undo the buttons.

Molten - tell them you'd like to review the pants for say, your trip to Bandon Dunes, yes, that's the ticket, Bandon. But the Competition Pants are the real deal with the more water/wind resistant outer and the inner layer for warmth. They have a slight swishy sound because of the material and its function but it's not rain pants noisy. For me, these pants are the only reason I could play in weather and wind below 45F. I have very thin blood after living in TX for 50 yrs.

I’ll wear most anything but this shirt screams bowling league to me. Not for golf course, imo.

Haha I was literally typing the exact same thing here and read your post. My brothaaaa!

Haha I was literally typing the exact same thing here and read your post. My brothaaaa!

Now where is that beating a dead horse emoticon?

Oh, yeah, here it is...

:deadhorse:

Now where is that beating a dead horse emoticon?

Oh, yeah, here it is...

:deadhorse:

Yea....if it didn’t have a pocket or appearance of a pocket on the front chest I’d feel otherwise probably.

Yea....if it didn’t have a pocket or appearance of a pocket on the front chest I’d feel otherwise probably.

Not the shirt I would have shown to get positive reviews. lol. But it's a THP theme. And if I needed one pair of pants for winter when it wasn't raining, these would be it ... and they are. My instructor looked at them and said, "I need a pair..."

If y'all wanted to see what the Competition Pants look like, here it is -waistband, liner, hem at bottom that is zippered where you wipe any dirt or mud on the material - this is after 3 yrs.

Attachments

• IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1378.jpg
    IMG_1378.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
If y'all wanted to see what the Competition Pants look like, here it is -waistband, liner, hem at bottom that is zippered where you wipe any dirt or mud on the material - this is after 3 yrs.

Yeah, these looks pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing

The pant is highly functional but limited in the amount you can sell. The polo is as many have said polarizing. Frankly, I struggle to see anything I like about their tops. You have to nail the polo to create volume for the brand. T-shirts are the walking billboard that promotes the brand 24/7. Why aren’t they soft. I know it’s not for ceryone and that’s fine but you have to have something to make the cash register ring every day

Back