State Apparel - Functional and Green Golf Clothing

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
State Apparel, a company manufacturing it’s clothing in San Francisco, is taking aim to change golf apparel into golf equipment. After spending some time on their website (https://stateapparel.com) I’ve got to say I like what they are trying to do. Between the pockets designed to clean your ball and pant cuffs to wipe your wedge on, State Apparel is making some interesting products.

In for review, we got the Sunday Shirt - Green Collar, which carries a bit of a secondary meaning. Truly going green, the Green Collar shirts are made of recycled performance fabric and a portion of the proceeds are donated to the Audubon International's Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf, which helps golf courses protect the environment and preserve the natural heritage of the game of golf. Best of all, State Apparel tossed a nice little THP flourish on the shirt, which looks fantastic.

fd6753c7d2c81005de22c4c5f2eef43a.jpg

cdddc239e301e17e44a580b219905687.jpg
7ff0300e2ca739f33aacaee67b3886f5.jpg

So what say you, THP? You like what you see or have any experience with State Apparel?

Could do without the buttons on the collar, but that's personal preference.

Could do without the buttons on the collar, but that's personal preference.

Only the Sunday Shirt has the buttons on the collar, so you might that a look at the others. Some pretty nice looking designs.

Only the Sunday Shirt has the buttons on the collar, so you might that a look at the others. Some pretty nice looking designs.

Checking them out now. The Neutra is more up my alley, but the Horizon looks really good as well.

I was a member of their Kickstarter Campaign - great for weather below 60F - Pants (pacific and lite grey) are my favorite and the shirts are the same - great for the cold. My shirts are not button down - have a cardinal red and navy, and some of the mixed color shirts - 2 yrs later they are still like new. The light sweaters - the quarter zips are extemely soft and are also a favorite - Oh, gosh, it's all excellent (except the unstructured low crown hats - don't wear mine)! Otherwise, great kit. Molten - see if you can get us a promo code so it's more affordable.

I was a member of their Kickstarter Campaign - great for weather below 60F - Pants (pacific and lite grey) are my favorite and the shirts are the same - great for the cold. My shirts are not button down - have a cardinal red and navy, and some of the mixed color shirts - 2 yrs later they are still like new. The light sweaters are also a favorite - Oh, gosh, it's all excellent! Molten - see if you can get us a promo code.

That’s a pretty darn rave review!

... $42 for a cotton tee shirt?

Checking them out now. The Neutra is more up my alley, but the Horizon looks really good as well.

Nailed it. I’m a big fan of the competition shirt and Neutra too. And those 1/4 zips are screaming my name. Tee shirts look right down Main Street, which is what I want in a casual shirt.

... $42 for a cotton tee shirt?

Yes, I know and that t-shirt is one to avoid. What's special here for me after 2 years of wearing them are the pants for the cold (water resistant-beads up- and can be renewed) and the quarter zips for morning and slightly cold. If one doesn't like to layer, the shirts are of a thicker yet stretchy material that allows you to freely swing. If I had to choose one pair of pants for the cold - it would be these - wore them all winter, every weekend - 2X a week of walking the course (promo code please).

Last edited:
State Apparel, a company manufacturing it’s clothing in San Francisco, is taking aim to change golf apparel into golf equipment. After spending some time on their website (https://stateapparel.com) I’ve got to say I like what they are trying to do. Between the pockets designed to clean your ball and pant cuffs to wipe your wedge on, State Apparel is making some interesting products.

In for review, we got the Sunday Shirt - Green Collar, which carries a bit of a secondary meaning. Truly going green, the Green Collar shirts are made of recycled performance fabric and a portion of the proceeds are donated to the Audubon International's Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf, which helps golf courses protect the environment and preserve the natural heritage of the game of golf. Best of all, State Apparel tossed a nice little THP flourish on the shirt, which looks fantastic.

So what say you, THP? You like what you see or have any experience with State Apparel?

The Sunday Shirt Green Collar can double on bowling night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailed it. I’m a big fan of the competition shirt and Neutra too. And those 1/4 zips are screaming my name. Tee shirts look right down Main Street, which is what I want in a casual shirt.

I have 2 Competition shirts, the Charcoal Sunday Shirt as part of the Kickstarter and also a couple of Tournament shirts - for the bolder player, or under your quarter zip.

That looks awesome with the THP logo, love the color coordination.

I like the colors, and not a fan of the buttons. I’ll have to check out pricing as >$20 for a T-shirt generally makes the brand significantly more expensive than I’m interested in paying.

I like the colors, and not a fan of the buttons. I’ll have to check out pricing as >$20 for a T-shirt generally makes the brand significantly more expensive than I’m interested in paying.

Avoid the T-shirts ... the white T they gave me is just another T - and not soft.

Pretty bad looking shirts for $100. Guess you need to charge that much to make your Exotic car payments and afford to lease/own space in San Francisco.

Personally not feeling any of it.

Aesthetically----Nope

Price----Big Nope

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pretty bad looking shirts for $100. Guess you need to charge that much to make your Exotic car payments and afford to lease/own space in San Francisco.

Made in the USA.

Competition Pants are lined - outer material seems windproof and rain beeds up so it can take some moisture but they are not rain pants, inner liner for warmth, and you can get the mud off your clubs with the material at the bottom of the pants - it protrudes so you can wipe a club off.

Like I said, the competition pants for cooler climes and the quarter zips are great kit.

Looks as if the Fairway Pants are normal conditions pants for spring/summer/fall. Don't own those - but I'm sure they are fine pants.

Last edited:
I supported the kickstarter campaign and bought a pair of the pants before that on Hawk's review of them. The Competition pants to me are the perfect "Bandon" pants. below probably 55F and not steady rain and they are great. Have used them as snow pants as well. They use high quality materials and all the clothes have held up quite well but the polo styles actually remind me a lot of Alial Fital, you either love them or hate them and most are rather bold.

The owner seems to be a really good guy and supports the local golf community and while I really like made in the USA the stuff has to be something I really like to pay the prices charged. I need to go visit his shop, they have cool speakers and events.

I want to like the Fairway pants, but miss the wiping element at the base of the pants like are in the competition pant.

I think the line is trying way too hard. This is screaming for the close out rack.

I’ll wear most anything but this shirt screams bowling league to me. Not for golf course, imo.

I would rock that, looks good

I don’t like anything about that shirt. Buttons, colors, nothing.

I don’t like anything about that shirt. Buttons, colors, nothing.

it’s awful isn’t it? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have zero experience with them, but is rock virtually a thing with that logo on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's a good looking shirt right there!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back