TaylorMade GAPR LO Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent write up Dan! TM seems to have found a spot they thought could use some improvement and then went about trying to fill that spot.

The conversation around these has been really positive, and that is a good thing to see.

Great write up! Too many good clubs out there.

I wonder if the glued hosel version will get a limited release?

This needs a bump. Damn fine write up by Dan here.

Had a chance to hit the GAPR lo on the local monitor and came away very impressed. I was getting the same distance as my 5w with a slightly lower ball flight and more spin. It was easier to elevate, and had more forgiveness than i was expecting. I normally prefer long irons to woods, so this is on the ponder list, although the $$ is still a little steep

Glad you got to hit it, and I hope a lot of people are giving GAPR a real shot.

It's such a good club. Laser beams for me still.

Thus club is amazing.
I've developed a beautiful draw that goes ridiculously long with a low ball flight that offers a shot that I haven't had in a very long time.
All my woods fade so the draw is a huge bonus and the accuracy is remarkable. A genuine game changer for me.
bd354452a08bdfaf5cc3872b4e9a6f30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thus club is amazing.
I've developed a beautiful draw that goes ridiculously long with a low ball flight that offers a shot that I haven't had in a very long time.
All my woods fade so the draw is a huge bonus and the accuracy is remarkable. A genuine game changer for me.
bd354452a08bdfaf5cc3872b4e9a6f30.jpg

Dude. That is LONG! Glad you found it

Dude. That is LONG! Glad you found it
Try it out, it's a monster club
I was very pleasantly surprised with how long and accurate it is

good lord Faiz, you are CRUSHING this thing!!

It's so easy to hit, eh?
If you're swinging well then I would say yes. Really works wonders for UK winter golf!
When you're not swinging well it can be temperamental but I find that's the same for Woods as well.

If you're swinging well then I would say yes. Really works wonders for UK winter golf!
When you're not swinging well it can be temperamental but I find that's the same for Woods as well.

I feel like that should be the expected reality of a low launching Utility of this profile.

Not much going to save you when the swing is rough, but you'll definitely celebrate the good times.

Firm and fast fairways scream low launching clubs. You must be getting an insane amount of roll so long as there are no soggy areas.

Firm and fast fairways scream low launching clubs. You must be getting an insane amount of roll so long as there are no soggy areas.
Yes on the launch monitor its carrying about 230-250 and rolling the rest of the way. I'm going on Friday to the range, I'll see if I can record some shots from the monitor

Yes on the launch monitor its carrying about 230-250 and rolling the rest of the way. I'm going on Friday to the range, I'll see if I can record some shots from the monitor

That's awesome. Having that shot in the bag help makes golf easier and more fun!

That's awesome. Having that shot in the bag help makes golf easier and more fun!
True but there are times when I have hit it and the draw doesn't come off leaving me in trouble.
But it's one of those clubs which if you hit well, everyone in your group wants to give it a try and then tries to convince themselves they need it

Great write up Dan. Sounds like a really fun and useful club in the right hands. This would be great at a links style course on the coast.

Great write up Dan. Sounds like a really fun and useful club in the right hands. This would be great at a links style course on the coast.

Under the wind and ready to land firm and roll!!

Absolutely agree. Thanks for taking the time to read it!

These clubs intrigue me, but until I’ve re-established my distances with my current clubs I won’t know if I could use lo or mid or high. Even so I kind of want one.

These clubs intrigue me, but until I’ve re-established my distances with my current clubs I won’t know if I could use lo or mid or high. Even so I kind of want one.

What would you replace? The 19 or the 22?

Hit this three times today.
First one was an unintentional stinger, tried to play a small draw and it went head height the whole way down the middle of the fairway. It was awesome but completely not what I intended! Lol
Second was a 270 yard par 4 and I put it on the green!
Third was a tight par 5 and I tried to hit a nice straight one but I caught it badly and it drew into the woods. Bad swing, I think I was trying to hard on that one.
Loving this club, I've got it down at 15.5° and it generally works out well for me.

271 yard stinger into the wind. Love this club
2bc4228f14dae72b24549e23072ac1e0.jpg

Back