The best shot of the round

After blowing the approach over the green on #12 at North Bellingham, had a sidehill lie behind the green and hit a flop shot that hit on the green, checked, and trickled into the hole for a birdie!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Par 5 with 520 yds. 220 yds left after a perfect drive.
Hit the green with my 4 hybrid. blind shot with dogleg left and downslope. first time ever to hit a par 5 with the second shot
:banana:
Missed the 35 foot put by 2 inches. but made the birdie :D

Played a 45' chunk and run from the trap located in the front of the 16th green. It rolled in like a putt for birdie.

205 yd Par downhill playing about 170 yds hit 7 iron nice tight draw in.

ddfbe0d18582a042d343a6b0244e66a8.jpg
m

3 putt for bog...

My best shots today were 3 different wedge shots from 20, 50, and 30 yards all to 12 inches for tap-ins.
Runner up was my tee ball on #10 turning a tough par 4 into child's play with a straight bomb.

3 wood from 230 to 25 feet to set up an eagle putt on a hole I very rarely hit in two. It was set up by my worst hot drive of the day but it was a perfect low, thin, push that probably ran 50 yards. If I could replicate that miss on that hole every time, I would be golden!

Had a chip of 35 feet with a nasty break, left it 6 inches for a tap in par. Love chipping with my 8 iron.

5i on 15 from 165 with significant uphill and over a trap out of the rough, managed to clip it clean and get it on the green. Solid.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

my 2 best shots yesterday were tee shots on par 3 holes. #17 was about 145 yards into a hard breeze so I went up a club and took a full swipe at it. left it about 3' from the jar. Birdie.
On #2, an approx. 135 yard downhill shot. easy 8i to the back of the green and it spun back to about 6'. drained that putt for a birdie too.

prettiest shot otherwise was a 6i on #9. after a decent drive I was about 150 to the pin with a quartering headwind. full swing with the 6i and dropped it pin high about 15 to the left of the flag. beautiful....straight as a string till the end when the wind pushed it left a bit. 2 putt for par.

I had the driver and the hybrids working well too. very windy yesterday and was able to pull off a number of nice low, wind-cheating stingers.

Best shot yesterday was on the second hole. It's a par five and I needed to cut my third shot WITH a 20 mph left to fight wind. The pin was tucked back right with a bunker fronting the green. A cut is the play for me in this situation but with that wind howling, it required a lot more borrow to allow for the carry. I actually went up one club, played it half again as far as I normally would to the left and put a good center face swing on it. It ended up cutting right in there to about 20 feet below the pin, just as it was drawn up. Set up a great 3 putt up the hill :alien:

JM

Just_Hacking and I both had best shots on the same hole today, and both birdied a par 5 with ease.

I went XR 4W > GBB Heavenwood > AW > Putt

They weren't particularly special except that they all went dead straight and exactly where I wanted them.
Same for John, who I think went GBB driver > V-series Heavenwood > PM grind > putt.

Used the new 330RX. Made it seem pretty easy.

Just_Hacking and I both had best shots on the same hole today, and both birdied a par 5 with ease.

I went XR 4W > GBB Heavenwood > AW > Putt

They weren't particularly special except that they all went dead straight and exactly where I wanted them.
Same for John, who I think went GBB driver > V-series Heavenwood > PM grind > putt.

Used the new 330RX. Made it seem pretty easy.
That was such a fun hole! We couldn't have played it any better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

74 metres from the flag. Took my trusty 50 degree gap wedge and hit a 3/4 swing. Looked as though it might land in the hole but finished up as per the below photo. Peru happy with that! Needed thar to save par after a bad start to the hole.

da2d4c7c00548687a3155fe410d60181.jpg

Other shot for me was a 203 metre par 3. So about 220 yards? Really long either way! Only guy in our group of 12 to hit the green. User my 19 degree hybrid hit a big high draw and pitched behind the flag about 5 metres.

Unfortunately it was a 3 putt bogey :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

seems like all my best shots are chips or pitches lately...the rest of the game sucks

Had 2 good short game shots Saturday.....downhill lie, short side....about 15 feet of rough and 10 feet of green....nice little "mini flop" landed right on the edge of the green and rolled dead center into the cup for my only birdie of the day

The other was a 35 yard shot off a horrible bare lie over a big hill but and some low hanging tree limbs right into a 15-20 mph wind....hit it perfect came out high and soft...landed and stopped dead about 6 inches from the cup to save a par.

Missed my first ace by about 10 minutes and 2 inches on #11... it normally plays as a 185y par three but the moved it up to about 170. I was the first one out on the back 9 and was a couple holes behind the guy who was setting the pins.

The tee in the pic below is on the right edge of the pin from the previous day (which he had just moved a few minutes before I got to 11). As you can see in the pic my ball left a trail in the dew over the right edge of the old pin position... and just across the left edge of today's pin! Missed my first hole-in-one by a few inches and a few minutes. At least I made the birdie putt

hi1denied.jpg

Best shot from my Saturday round was a putt. It was about 20 feet and down hill hard breaker to the right. Played the perfect line and speed to drain it for an up and down par to win the hole.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
seems like all my best shots are chips or pitches lately...the rest of the game sucks

Had 2 good short game shots Saturday.....downhill lie, short side....about 15 feet of rough and 10 feet of green....nice little "mini flop" landed right on the edge of the green and rolled dead center into the cup for my only birdie of the day

The other was a 35 yard shot off a horrible bare lie over a big hill but and some low hanging tree limbs right into a 15-20 mph wind....hit it perfect came out high and soft...landed and stopped dead about 6 inches from the cup to save a par.

You were dialed in with that smart sole wedge. It was fun to see.

Had three yesterday. 60* pitch from 50 yards to the lip of the cup. Tap-in par. PW from 134 to less than 3 foot for birdie. 9-iron up the hill from 142 to about 3 feet. Horseshoe lip out.

Sandy Par from 15 feet below the hole and 20 yards away.

After slightly pulling my drive, my ball ricochet of one the trees and bounced away from the fairway. Surrounded by trees I was able to take my 50 degree from 125 yards out over the trees,hit pin high and stopped about 10 feet beyond the hole. Birdie putt stopped about one turn from dropping. Regardless happy with the recovery shot.

I hit a PW from 140 to a sucker pin on #11 to 3 feet and drained the uphill birdie putt.

Chutt for birdie on #2
Nothing else even really worth mentioning

Hit a couple good chips/pitches to tap in range today.

I would love to see how Fowler would answer this today.

93 yards to the pin, tucked right behind the bunker about 3 pacs on the green. 3/4 swing with the 50* and stuck it pin high and 2 foot to the left. Made the birdie putt. :clapp:

Back