Hank Haney Joins Callaway Golf

I was pretty blah on this until I saw him in action today at the show. Talking to Harry and Jeff Neubarth, his ability to create content is key and something they are excited about.

I think this is excellent and good step for both parties. Golf is more than clubs and gear. He provides a great deal.

I was pretty blah on this until I saw him in action today at the show. Talking to Harry and Jeff Neubarth, his ability to create content is key and something they are excited about.

Harry eluded to that very thing on Haneys radio show today. Haney has a pretty big digital footprint and want to enhance that with this relationship. Harry believes interaction with the avg golfer is huge for brand success/growth & truly believes Haney adds value there.

Did not expect this signing. Not sure how it helps Callaways position, but I can definitely see it helping Hank's. God for both parties I guess.

Interesting signing. Seems like it could work out for both Callaway and Hank

Ok cool for Hank Haney to join, but id rather take my short game lessons from RFC. Any day all day in fact.

Good for Hank and Callaway. Contracts expire. People move on. New relationships are made. Callaway is a great company. Hope it works out for both.

Not a Haney fan but hopefully it works out for both parties and helps create more interest in Callaway products and golf in general.

The business of golf is no different than any other business....you do what ever it takes to maximize your bottom line.

Harry eluded to that very thing on Haneys radio show today. Haney has a pretty big digital footprint and want to enhance that with this relationship. Harry believes interaction with the avg golfer is huge for brand success/growth & truly believes Haney adds value there.

This makes perfect sense! I'm anxious to see how this all pans out.

JM

I was kinda wondering about this. I was watching the Golf Fix yesterday and saw a Callaway bag next to breeds Titleist bag. Guess this answers my question.

Looking forward to seeing how people talk about him now...180.

Looking forward to seeing how people talk about him now...180.
I never got the disdain for him. I've always liked his swing thoughts.

I know this may be blasphemous. But I think his swing book is better than Hogan's.

I never got the disdain for him. I've always liked his swing thoughts.

I know this may be blasphemous. But I think his swing book is better than Hogan's.

Never read his swing book, but I did read The Big Miss. Twice. I liked it.

As far as being an instructor... good for Callaway. With him and Leadbetter wearing the chevron, they can honestly say they have two of the biggest name teachers in their stable.

Never read his swing book, but I did read The Big Miss. Twice. I liked it.

As far as being an instructor... good for Callaway. With him and Leadbetter wearing the chevron, they can honestly say they have two of the biggest name teachers in their stable.
It's a few years old, but it's good. Step by step full swing instruction. It's my go to.

I've always like Haney and his teaching is solid. Does not get caught up in all the over technical stuff that IMO is not useful to the average golfer.

I guess he goes where the money is, can't blame him for making a living!!

It is not the fact that he is free to get paid by anyone who is willing to pay him. It is that somehow what he plays has influence on the product decisions we make. In my mind it just means his salary goes into the price of the goods I might play. His having a bag with Callaway just doesn't move the needle for me.

It is not the fact that he is free to get paid by anyone who is willing to pay him. It is that somehow what he plays has influence on the product decisions we make. In my mind it just means his salary goes into the price of the goods I might play. His having a bag with Callaway just doesn't move the needle for me.
I don't think they signed him to move the needle in hard goods. I think they signed him to help with their online instructional videos and to help make Callaway the leader in online media content. Bringing top notch instruction to the every day golfer.

I don't think they signed him to move the needle in hard goods. I think they signed him to help with their online instructional videos and to help make Callaway the leader in online media content. Bringing top notch instruction to the every day golfer.

Bingo.

Maybe he'll show up for the Top Golf opening in Las Vegas this spring.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on Haney. I've listened to his show a few times on Sirius and like it just fine. Some ideas/insights pointed out by others, that Haney might be another solid digital content option for Callaway, makes perfect sense to me.

This is probably best for a different thread, but how is this any different from any OEM signing a professional golfer or "instruction expert"? Breed is Titleist, Pelz is Cleveland (just to name a couple of examples), and we can see which professionals are paid by specific OEMs. Would you not expect the cost of marketing to be accounted for in the price of golf equipment? Are "we" paying for Bubba to have Ping on the bag? I would expect so. Are "we" paying for Phil to have Callaway in the bag? I would expect so.

This is cool! Hope some of our Phoenix/Scottsdale THP'ers get a chance to make it out there for this!

Back