2018 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Thread

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Its that time of year again people!

With the new house coming, I am on the lookout for a refrigerator. We bought some Echos through QVC yesterday as they were 2 for 99.00.

There really isn't anything I want. Been first in line at the local target for 3 years running but it looks like that streak is over.

There really isn't anything I want. Been first in line at the local target for 3 years running but it looks like that streak is over.

I’m in the same boat as you. Nothing is really catching my eye that warrants the trip. The only thing I might get is the new iPhone at Walmart but only for the $400 gift card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen many of the Black Friday ads out already, nothing I'm really looking at has shocked me into an instant "want to purchase."

I did buy a TV for the in-laws yesterday because it was a good deal and got some gift card deals going, but that's it. Hoping cyber Monday can continue to spare my wallet.

I've seen many of the Black Friday ads out already, nothing I'm really looking at has shocked me into an instant "want to purchase."

I did buy a TV for the in-laws yesterday because it was a good deal and got some gift card deals going, but that's it. Hoping cyber Monday can continue to spare my wallet.

Agreed, nothing has really jumped at me so far other than a few doorbusters, and I don’t really need another firearm.

Agreed, nothing has really jumped at me so far other than a few doorbusters, and I don’t really need another firearm.
Ironically, that's about the only thing I really am looking at!

Ironically, that's about the only thing I really am looking at!

There’s a place about 45min or so from me with 6-7 brands that are 99.99 doorbusters. I’m sure people will camp out for them for a deal like that

I will not sully myself to actually visit a store on black friday, I am in a bad enough mood without witnessing that.

But I did just buy some new workout gear from Rhone (25% off) then am looking to pick up a pair of the outsider shoe from True linkswear (want to try one and they are going to be $99 on black friday) and then waiting for Puma to have 30% off so I can pick up another pair or 2 of GV Specials.

Other than that, I am pretty well covered.

Not in want/need for much. Already got myself 2 new pairs of Clark's desert boots for work from the outlets right next to my job, and the wife's UGGs. She got me the 4k tv last year. maybe look for a video game or two but I barely play, and I already have Madden that I play even less.

If anything I'll look for gifts for others

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looking into Ring and possibly a Nest. My wife noticed a lot of houses on our street with the Ring doorbell during Halloween and we might get one as a gift for ourselves. Plus I get tired of answering to solicitors.

Looking into Ring and possibly a Nest. My wife noticed a lot of houses on our street with the Ring doorbell during Halloween and we might get one as a gift for ourselves. Plus I get tired of answering to solicitors.

Just bought a ton of Nest products... Costco has a few great bundle values available and Best Buy has a lot of $50 off

This is the first year in awhile that I have nothing I'm really looking for. I haven't even looked at the ads yet so I guess that could change but hopefully it's a cheap Black Friday this year.

I picked up our home automation stuff earlier this year and my wife's car arrived on Black Friday last year so I'm still set for Christmas gifts (she says it's too geeky for her so I drive it win - win). As others have said, there's really nothing in this years ads that cause the "I want that" response.

Need?? Sounds like someone is going about this all wrong. :act-up:

A new laptop. I've been putting off buying one, may as well do it now and hopefully at a massive discount

So I’ll see you in-line at 3AM? Save me a spot...
And we both know you want that safe

Daughter needs a new phone, so will try to find the best deal on an iPhone XR.

I have a Ring waiting to be installed, but I did install one for my daughter (for security) and it is excellent.

I'm going to spring for a Nest E at Dell. Lots of businesses are offering $70 off the 3rd gen, but Dell is supposed to be offering it on the E as well, bringing that to $99.99. With a $75 utility rebate, I'll get it for $25.

Started off my shopping today by buying a keurig for the Office my wife is doing her clinicals at. Then got my self a belt. Probably only hitting one store on Black Friday and only getting small things.

I’m always looking...Black Friday camping out is not something I’m interested in anymore. Done it before but this year, playing 18 in Destin with my uncles.

I have a Ring waiting to be installed, but I did install one for my daughter (for security) and it is excellent.

I'm going to spring for a Nest E at Dell. Lots of businesses are offering $70 off the 3rd gen, but Dell is supposed to be offering it on the E as well, bringing that to $99.99. With a $75 utility rebate, I'll get it for $25.

Just bought a ton of Nest products... Costco has a few great bundle values available and Best Buy has a lot of $50 off

Thanks guys! We’ve never been big on tech stuff at home but I think these two things will help a lot! Hoping Santa hears this :)

Utility rebate? That may convince to finally get one, even for the sheer convenience of the wifi option. Thermostat is downstairs but bedrooms are upstairs, so a good 5-7* difference it feels like sometimes

Ps Best buy will have it for 109 apparently, might be a factor for some of they like B&M stores.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Daughter needs a new phone, so will try to find the best deal on an iPhone XR.

$400.00 gift card at Walmart if you buy it there. Just a heads up.

First time shopping on Black Friday. I grabbed an 8 Qt InstantPot for $59, and a Roku Ultra for $49.

We are out and having fun. Braving Costco shortly

My wife went out last night, I stayed home with our daughter. Doesn't sound fun for me at all to be around all of those people.

Back