Topgolf Acquires WGT

JP_CO

Chamption of something...
Reaction score
Handicap
depends
[h=1]Topgolf Acquires World Golf Tour, Launches New Media and International Divisions Plus Holding Company[/h]
Deal positions Topgolf as leading golf industry brand with the world’s largest digital golf audience
DALLAS Jan. 27, 2016 – Global golf entertainment leader Topgolf has acquired sports gaming company World Golf Tour (WGT), creating the world’s largest digital golf audience. In conjunction with the acquisition, Topgolf[SUP]® [/SUP]is adding two new divisions and reorganizing its corporate structure with a holding company to support the organization’s rapid growth.

http://topgolf.com/us/company/press...international-divisions-plus-holding-company/

Top Golf Acquires WGT

Top Golf Acquires WGT

An interesting move I'll be curious to see how both platforms integrate with each other!

Me too interesting move.

I am trying to wrap my head around how this benefits TG and I just don't see it. Maybe monitors that help to show flighting, but I would have expected them to go higher quality than that.

Interesting. Will look forward to seeing what their plans are.

I am trying to wrap my head around how this benefits TG and I just don't see it. Maybe monitors that help to show flighting, but I would have expected them to go higher quality than that.

I was thinking the same. I'm wondering if they will integrate the Top Golf experience with WGT somehow. Maybe using their bays and projected distances together and playing a "real course" via their screens? Could have a closest to the pin at Pebble Beach #7?

A new way to play sim golf? Looks cool.

I was thinking the same. I'm wondering if they will integrate the Top Golf experience with WGT somehow. Maybe using their bays and projected distances together and playing a "real course" via their screens? Could have a closest to the pin at Pebble Beach #7?

"with WGT’s resources, golfers will soon be able to “play” an array of golf courses from their favorite Topgolf venue. Bandon Dunes, Shadow Creek, Chambers Bay and other tracks could appear on the screens at each Topgolf bay, and instead of merely trying to hit targets, golfers could virtually feel what it’d be like to approach the 7th green at Pebble Beach. "

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/top...quisition-world-golf-tour?mbid=social_twitter

This takes Top Golf to the next level. I'm excited

Just spent a lot of time looking for a stock quote for them. They must be a private company. Damn. Their growth rate is astonishing.

I've never experienced either of these, but I've always wanted to. This sounds like it will benefit the Top Golf experience.

The skytrak integration could be of benefit.

Interesting, I wonder what the true end result will be.

As a high end simulation concept, I can understand why they would acquire WGT. Definitely an interesting addition to the TG stable of offerings.

"with WGT’s resources, golfers will soon be able to “play” an array of golf courses from their favorite Topgolf venue. Bandon Dunes, Shadow Creek, Chambers Bay and other tracks could appear on the screens at each Topgolf bay, and instead of merely trying to hit targets, golfers could virtually feel what it’d be like to approach the 7th green at Pebble Beach. "

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/top...quisition-world-golf-tour?mbid=social_twitter

Called it! lol

Just spent a lot of time looking for a stock quote for them. They must be a private company. Damn. Their growth rate is astonishing.

pretty sure they are owned by CAllaway, although not sure how that factors into the ELY stock price

pretty sure they are owned by CAllaway, although not sure how that factors into the ELY stock price

Partially owned, Callaway has a stake, but I don't believe they own 100%

Interesting....

Wow I'm not sure I understand this purchase. I'll just sit back and see how it unfolds. Hoping to get to a TG when schedule permits this year. Play WGT all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't unless they are trying to move past the bar hangout open bowling model to more of a league model trying to attract more serious golfers. Honestly they probably didn't pay that much for WGT

Back