The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but I always love these little tid bits of info!

This surprises me since The Broncos wear their Orange Jerseys at home and the Panthers wear white at home (they've done it all playoffs). I'm guessing the Broncos are choosing to wear white?

I'm rooting for the Broncos. I can't stand Cam Newton and his act.

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl and why?

I am on the fence right now. Hillman went to my HS, CJ Anderson is a great Cal Bear and I would kind of like to see Manning go out a winner. So go Broncos! But I hate Elway and Rivera was at Cal when I was there, a really solid player. So go Panthers!
I'm rooting for the Broncos. And it's not because I hate Cam Newton (I don't)....it's because I HATE Josh Norman.......!

That is a shame. He came out of know where, worked his butt off and plays like it really matters to him. Hate him all you want the man is going to get paid..
I'm rooting for the Broncos. And it's not because I hate Cam Newton (I don't)....it's because I HATE Josh Norman.......!

i love him. he's a great interview. and i hope it's the panthers that do the paying.

I have a weird feeling he turns into Byron Maxwell if he leaves Carolina. I'd imagine they'll pony up and pay him.

As a beleaguered Jets fan, I have no horse in this race, so really hoping for a good game. However, the more I read people bag on Cam because of "his act" the more I think I'm going to root for the Panthers. If someone could explain exactly what about "his act" is either so offensive or wrong, I'd appreciate it.

As a beleaguered Jets fan, I have no horse in this race, so really hoping for a good game. However, the more I read people bag on Cam because of "his act" the more I think I'm going to root for the Panthers. If someone could explain exactly what about "his act" is either so offensive or wrong, I'd appreciate it.

He celebrates. And then, And then, AND THRN he hands the ball to a kid in the stands!

From what I can tell…he smiles too much. Ha.

Poor Tom

The Broncos hit Patriots quarterback Tom Brady 20 times on Sunday — more times than any quarterback had been hit all year and more times than Brady had ever been hit in any game of his career.
But at least one of them had a different goal. And it’s unclear whether he specifically accomplished it.
“I tried to lay on him a few times,” an anonymous Broncos defender told Robert Klemko of TheMMQB.com. “I tried to rub my nuts on his face.”

Poor Tom

The Broncos hit Patriots quarterback Tom Brady 20 times on Sunday — more times than any quarterback had been hit all year and more times than Brady had ever been hit in any game of his career.
But at least one of them had a different goal. And it’s unclear whether he specifically accomplished it.
“I tried to lay on him a few times,” an anonymous Broncos defender told Robert Klemko of TheMMQB.com. “I tried to rub my nuts on his face.”

The game is dirty, hahaha

Sorry Pats fans, but this is funny!
[h=1]Von Miller says intercepted ball from Tom Brady feels 'a little flat'[/h]
[video=youtube;upFY-VBch38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upFY-VBch38[/video]

That might be the best part of the Broncos in the Super Bowl. They actually talk and there will be some good quotes instead of having to listen to "on to Cincinnati" for two weeks.

The game is dirty, hahaha

It is. True story:

We were playing VMI, who was a traditional, albeit typically weak, opponent at home one year. It was midway through the second quarter and we're already up three scores and are driving for a fourth. We ran a running play that they actually defended pretty well and stacked things up into a good sized pile.

I'm still in the pile as it's getting sorted out and a commotion breaks out with our starting tackle starting to kick and struggle at the bottom. We finally get untangled and he gets up red faced and ready to throw haymakers before a couple guys step in front and try to calm him. Finally he starts pointing at the VMI side and starts screaming: "He grabbed my nuts! That <politically incorrect expletive> grabbed my nuts!"

I don't like how much of a showboat he is. I 100% respect him as a player, and think he is an incredible talent, and I also appreciate all of the charitable work he does for kids, but I hate showboating. Not just from him, but from anyone. Just my opinion, and I know many think it is awesome.

People are free to dislike whoever they want. He is definitely a showboater, and that can be irritating to many.

I think it's ridiculous that he is called a thug or the like, and the stupid open letters are absurd.

People are free to dislike whoever they want. He is definitely a showboater, and that can be irritating to many.

I think it's ridiculous that he is called a thug or the like, and the stupid open letters are absurd.

Agreed. I don't know the guy, but from what I've seen he's playing up to the crowd and giving them a show. You paid to see him play.....

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

Yep never would call him a thug. He is an incredible talent, just too much of a showboater for me, and he is far from the only one.

I love his showboating and swagger. Hope he never changes.

For as much as it costs to get into a professional sports venue, I say showboat all you want. Yeah, when your team is getting it's ass kicked ... it sucks and is irritating. But when my team is taking names, I'd love it. It's funny that people refer to the NFL as the "No Fun League" but then Cam gets bagged on for ... having too much fun it seems.

I get the "act like you've been there before" mantra ... and I'll instill that into my kid when he starts playing sports. It's one thing to be an amateur and grind things out in your sport ... the pro's are sitting at a different table however, when you're getting paid millions to entertain millions. YMMV.

Agreed. I don't know the guy, but from what I've seen he's playing up to the crowd and giving them a show. You paid to see him play.....

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

For as much as it costs to get into a professional sports venue, I say showboat all you want. Yeah, when your team is getting it's ass kicked ... it sucks and is irritating. But when my team is taking names, I'd love it. It's funny that people refer to the NFL as the "No Fun League" but then Cam gets bagged on for ... having too much fun it seems.

What does cost have anything to do with it? I go to sporting events to watch great athletes excel at their craft. They are paid lots of money to score touchdowns, make tackles, etc.. I know you just scored, you don't have to show everyone up after the fact.

Like I said, Cam Newton is far from the only one who does it, but in my opinion either spike it or hand the ball to the ref and run back to the sidelines, you just did your job.

I paid for a show. I want a show. Like I said, YMMV and it always sucks when the shoe is on the other foot. Few in Carolina hate Cam, why is that?

Because he plays for their team? Once again, I don't hate him. I just don't like the showboating, and that goes for anyone, including members of the Dallas Cowboys.

I paid for a show. I want a show. Like I said, YMMV and it always sucks when the shoe is on the other foot. Few in Carolina hate Cam, why is that? Because he wins.

I think the wins are the biggest part of it. Sure, not everyone is going to like it but showboating in its many forms tends to be tolerated when a team has success. Take Kaepernick for instance. That bicep kissing nonsense was all good when they were competitive, but once they started getting their asses kicked it was no longer acceptable. As far as Cam goes, I'm not bothered by the celebrating. What bothered me was when he'd sit on bench like a petulant child when things weren't going his way, but as I mentioned in a previous post, you haven't seen any of that from him in the last couple years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back