Week 12: THP Fantasy Football

I ONLY did it because I play the team with the worst record this week, and am hoping and praying I can squeeze out a win still.

He offered me Hunt for James Connor: I couldn’t do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is a big trade, surprised GG made the move for a player on bye with a must win game coming up.

Its not technically a must win game with some losses taking place this week, but the schedules favor Hunt it looks like.

He offered me Hunt for James Connor: I couldn’t do it

Connor has more points than David Johnson. I looked at future matchups for the Cardinals and they play some strong offensive teams, which would put them way up and possibly make them abandon the run. If I make it through this week, the upside made sense to me.

wow Hunt for David Johnson.
I think the only stat Johnson is winning is catches (by a half a dozen)

I ONLY did it because I play the team with the worst record this week, and am hoping and praying I can squeeze out a win still.

Should be an interesting week. With a RB with a favorable matchup on the waiver wire (assuming he grabs him but he may have mailed it in already), and some other good matchups it may end up being a good game between you two.

Last edited:
Should be an interesting week. With an a RB with a favorable matchup on the waiver wire (assuming he grabs him but he may have mailed it in already), and some other good matchups it may end up being a good game between you two.

Doesnt appear to have. He was actively seeking trades as recently as last week.

There’s also a possibility that the top scorer in league 1 will miss the playoffs.

a9e061c94cf738678aa48f6336b6a5ae.jpg

I still control my own destiny...

Down to the nitty gritty now. I need to win to stay in.

Connor has more points than David Johnson. I looked at future matchups for the Cardinals and they play some strong offensive teams, which would put them way up and possibly make them abandon the run. If I make it through this week, the upside made sense to me.

I hear you: I looked at matchups and contemplated this for a while

Well now GG is the last team I want to see in Round 1 of the playoffs haha.

wow Hunt for David Johnson.
I think the only stat Johnson is winning is catches (by a half a dozen)

I can't lose another and I'm facing the #1 team this week. I had to do something.

And bye weeks left...

Exactly!! I hope it pays off. Fitzmagic was a crash and burn for me. I've gone 0-3 since trading for him.

that is the ultimate high risk high reward, I like it. Should she win this week shes in great shape going forward

that is the ultimate high risk high reward, I like it. Should she win this week shes in great shape going forward

I don't know if I'd call it the ultimate high risk high reward move, I'm more in the camp of high reward move haha. Her David Johnson replacement this week is only projected to score 2 points less than him.

I don't know if I'd call it the ultimate high risk high reward move, I'm more in the camp of high reward move haha. Her David Johnson replacement this week is only projected to score 2 points less than him.

projections lol how long have you been doing this? Projections are fun tuesday thru saturday but are meaningless on Sunday. Johnson is finally getting involved in the offense

projections lol how long have you been doing this? Projections are fun tuesday thru saturday but are meaningless on Sunday. Johnson is finally getting involved in the offense

Johnson may outscore Lamar Miller this week, and there's also a decent chance he scores less than Miller this week too. Calling it the ultimate risk/reward is a bit extreme haha.

Yeah the good ole projections. I mean Rams and Chiefs WRs were all projected between 10-16 this week and everybody on the planet knew they would be giving 20+.

If projections were worth anything I'd be 10-1 right now, instead I'm 6-5.

Yeah the good ole projections. I mean Rams and Chiefs WRs were all projected between 10-16 this week and everybody on the planet knew they would be giving 20+.

Regardless of projections, I think it is a fantastic move by GG. There is limited risk swapping out Johnson for Miller against an opponent who is coming off a week where they scored 30 points, but the upside for Hunt compared to Johnson after this week is a very nice reward.

In terms of the projections for the Rams/Chiefs, that 22 point projection for Gurley really panned out for me :act-up:

If projections were worth anything I'd be 10-1 right now, instead I'm 6-5.

I think were getting a bit hung up on my use of the term projections, I was only using it to point out that the risk is not as high as outsiders of our league would expect considering her replacement RB and opponent this week.

Regardless of projections, I think it is a fantastic move by GG. There is limited risk swapping out Johnson for Miller against an opponent who is coming off a week where they scored 30 points, but the upside for Hunt compared to Johnson after this week is a very nice reward.

In terms of the projections for the Rams/Chiefs, that 22 point projection for Gurley really panned out for me :act-up:

It should make for a great finish in League 1. The other leagues have some awesome finishes coming up too.
When she told me she got the trade offer from Schanker, it made sense. He needs to win out, and cant afford to have a star on a bye week to do it.
I have a feeling if she was playing one of the division leaders, that trade doesn't happen.

It should make for a great finish in League 1. The other leagues have some awesome finishes coming up too.
When she told me she got the trade offer from Schanker, it made sense. He needs to win out, and cant afford to have a star on a bye week to do it.
I have a feeling if she was playing one of the division leaders, that trade doesn't happen.

I agree, it's going to be a great finish. GG probably wouldn't have made that move if she was playing Ferndog or JDax this week, so ended up being great timing for her.

Luckily for Schanker I have 55-60 points sitting on my bench due to byes, so this is the week to take me down.

Week 12: THP Fantasy Football

That’s exactly right. If I wasn’t playing a the team with the worst record I’m not sure I make that trade since I need to win out too, but after looking at it from every angle it just made sense.

Back