Contest and Live Update Thread: Tiger Woods vs Phil Mickelson in The Match!

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiger vs Phil is just about here and it only took a couple of decades for it to happen. The Match, coming to PPV, features the two biggest stars of the generation facing off in a head to head, winner take all match with $9 million on the line.

Kicking off at 3pm EST and being played at Shadow Creek in Las Vegas, it is also the first live PPV event in golf. While that comes with a price tag of $20, it also means that we have four hours of golf (and lots of walking) with no commercial.

Both players will be wearing mics for the entire round and the rumors of side wagers should make it rather interesting as well. We will be tuning in, will you?

Match-M.jpg

The Prize
Seems pretty easy and straight forward here, pick the winner and then if you win, you have a chance at prize of a THP Prize Pack valued at over $500. It could be equipment, it could be anything really, but we know it will be 100% awesome.

How to Enter
Entering is easy. Make a post in this thread with your prediction of who is going to win. That's it. Then join us in the thread for the entire round as we discuss the whole thing as we expect it to be a ton of fun.

One Entry per Person
Entry must be in by the time tee off takes place

Good luck everybody.

I'm not going to go out on a limb here when I say Tiger wins it.

I'm Taking Tiger on this one.
Been playing better lately.

I'm thinking Tiger, and it doesn't get to 18.

Tiger should win this easily enough.

Will be a great match to watch.

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tiger wins the match. Phil wins more side-bets.

I can't go against Tiger so I'll take him for the win. I think lefty will keep it close and entertaining though.

Go against the grain and even the odds or play the favorite and hope to not eliminate any chance at all.....

Gimme Tiger in a landslide.

Tiger will win.

I think I already predicted a 5&3 margin so I'll go with that for the tie breaker, if there is one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tiger in a rout. This could be Stephen Ames worthy.

Four hours? @JB must think they walk slow. First of all it ain't going to 18 holes. Second, how long can it really take for two of the best golfers in the world to play 18 holes of match play?

Tiger in a rout. This could be Stephen Ames worthy.
I don't see 9&8, but I can't say I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
I'm going to say Phil. I don't know... just a feeling.

Tiger vs Phil is just about here and it only took a couple of decades for it to happen. The Match, coming to PPV, features the two biggest stars of the generation facing off in a head to head, winner take all match with $9 million on the line.

Kicking off at 3pm EST and being played at Shadow Creek in Las Vegas, it is also the first live PPV event in golf. While that comes with a price tag of $20, it also means that we have four hours of golf (and lots of walking) with no commercial.

Both players will be wearing mics for the entire round and the rumors of side wagers should make it rather interesting as well. We will be tuning in, will you?

Match-M.jpg

The Prize
Seems pretty easy and straight forward here, pick the winner and then if you win, you have a chance at prize of a THP Prize Pack valued at over $500. It could be equipment, it could be anything really, but we know it will be 100% awesome.

How to Enter
Entering is easy. Make a post in this thread with your prediction of who is going to win. That's it. Then join us in the thread for the entire round as we discuss the whole thing as we expect it to be a ton of fun.

One Entry per Person
Entry must be in by the time tee off takes place

Good luck everybody.

Tiger for an easy coasting victory. Sorry lefty haha

Although, side action wise Phil will clean house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a huge Tiger guy.....but in order to improve my odds in this one I'm taking FIGJAM! Good luck everyone!

Oh yeah....and I'll definitely be tuned in!

I’ll say Phil to go in the opposite direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Phil will have a shot at it. I also think he’ll actually win.

Maybe.

Yeah. Phil for the win!

Pick: Tiger wins easily.

Tiger for the win. I know this is gonna be so dumb, but I'm so excited and can't wait to watch it.

The Big Cat takes this one home...and there will be lots of laughter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I gotta go with Tiger.

I'm taking Phil. I think he will be more use to all the side betting distractions. As he stated, "It's a Sprint, not a Marathon".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My pick is Phil!

Back