2016 Snowmageddon

Weird not having OH really be apart of a big storm

I have my rain shovel ready. Although it just started sleeting.

Just rain here in Florence, SC. Had a bit of ice on the car, and it's supposedly going to get colder here and possibly turn to snow in the afternoon, but for now ... still at work plugging along.

18-30" in Emmitsburg, Md. I hate winter. I never really understood why people retired to the south but I'm starting to come around!

1 - We are supposed to get 3-6 inches, which doesn't sound like a lot, but Cincinnati sucks at weather management
2 - THP, naturally... It's the weekend, baby!!!
3 - I work remotely, so this is of no concern

1 - We are supposed to get 3-6 inches, which doesn't sound like a lot, but Cincinnati sucks at weather management
2 - THP, naturally... It's the weekend, baby!!!
3 - I work remotely, so this is of no concern

Dan- didn't realize you were from Cinti, I was born and raised there! Moved to Maryland in 1996 for a job!

267 inches so far here in Lake Tahoe, California with another 15 inches on the way today and tomorrow. We really need this to continue for another 2 months. I'm hoping for 600+ inches by April 1st. Let it snow!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
Here's a picture taken yesterday from my moving car of the west shore.

attachment.php

267 inches so far here in Lake Tahoe, California with another 15 inches on the way today and tomorrow. We really need this to continue for another 2 months. I'm hoping for 600+ inches by April 1st. Let it snow!!!

6-12 inches on LI. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just hope the blizzard winds don't take my power down.

Weird not having OH really be apart of a big storm
You're right the past few years Ohio has gotten hammered and we haven't had it too bad with the exception of a storm or two.

Gotta be honest and say, I wish you were getting this one :D

I hate how they hype it here in RI/MA for a week and then it fizzles to nothing really. Last year they were canceling school on the chance of snow.....total BS. Good luck though down the East Coast where you're getting buried.

I hate how they hype it here in RI/MA for a week and then it fizzles to nothing really. Last year they were canceling school on the chance of snow.....total BS. Good luck though down the East Coast where you're getting buried.

I don't know if I'd point at last winter for hype.

Stay safe down in DC guys. It looks like my trip is cancelled down there for Sunday.

Working remotely today. Lost of Freezing rain and ice but only supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow. Hoping the power stays on but I know at some point all the ice will probably knock it out.

not a fan of ice. Be safe and hopefully the power stays on. When I first came to DC in 94 we were getting freezing rain on a regular basis...drove me nuts.

Here's a picture taken yesterday from my moving car of the west shore.

attachment.php

thats a lot of snow. That pic is awesome.

One of my resources in VA, said they are project 2'-3'. Craziness.

Then again...she may be exaggerating to get out of work. I would hope not and hopefully they are safe.
Holy crap. Umm...pass.

Stay safe everyone.

Dan- didn't realize you were from Cinti, I was born and raised there! Moved to Maryland in 1996 for a job!

Yessir! Have lived here for about 16 years now. They are a lot of things around these parts, but snow capable is not one hahaha

For anyone this storm effects, just stay safe. The ice might be the worst part, driving is gonna be treacherous along with power outages so a generator is a great idea. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Stay safe if you are in the storm's path. Been through a few of those myself - they are a great reason to stay indoors and catch up on the movies you have been meaning to watch.

Hope everyone in the path of this storm stays safe. My old home in the North Ga. mountains is girding up for 36 hours of potential ice and snow. So glad I moved. LOL. I'd be housebound for nearly a week.

Blue Ridge and Alleghenies regions are predicted 24"-36". Was out this morning placing markers around stuff I don't want to hit while moving snow, making sure the generator started easily, and getting the plow tractor into the garage.

Final touch is a measuring stick:
c587d5ecf74b957962f161e19df2685b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Ridge and Alleghenies regions are predicted 24"-36". Was out this morning placing markers around stuff I don't want to hit while moving snow, making sure the generator started easily, and getting the plow tractor into the garage.

Final touch is a measuring stick:
c587d5ecf74b957962f161e19df2685b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope you all (any of you) don't get that level of snow, that's just a stupid amount of snow for ANYONE!

Back