Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang - THP Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
I have actually had the new V-Line Fang in hand to do a formal homepage review for a few weeks now prior to the embargo date being up. This is part of the new White Hot RX line and as such I'm going to use this post to encompass all info on it with a focus on the V-Line Fang headshape. The review actually should be going live very soon as it has already been turned in for editing ahead of its release date. As always, if you have ANY questions please don't hesitate to ask.

White Hot RX Putters

Retail: 2/26/16

Shapes: #1, #2, #7, #9, Rossie, V-Line Fang, 2-Ball V-Line

Price: Standard Grip - $159.99, Superstroke Grip - $179.99

Odyssey has the most putter wins on Tour, it’s the #1 Putter in Golf, and White Hot is the most iconic insert of all-time. With White Hot RX, we’ve reached the next evolution in White Hot feel and combined it with better roll to get the ball in to a pure roll faster to help control your speed. White Hot is now even better.

White Hot Feel Is Even Better
We’ve taken the legendary White Hot insert that’s set the standard in feel for over 15 years and pushed it to the next level. And we’ve combined it with a dual layer injected molded insert that has a softer core so you get a putter that’s the ultimate in speed and feel.

Better Roll From Our New Oval Roll Technology
The oval pattern design that created quicker, better roll in our Metal-X and Odyssey Works models is in White Hot RX. When you combine the speed and roll of this elastomer insert with next generation White Hot feel, well, you’re onto something really big. And we’ve added a textured clear coat to the striking surface that works with oval roll technology to increase friction and help get the ball rolling faster.

Tour Proven Head Shapes and a new V-Line Fang
We’ve taken head shapes that have proven themselves around the world such as the #1, #7 and 2-Ball and added in the new V-Line Fang. The V-Line Fang combines technologies and shaping of our #7 model with the popular V-Line mallet for improved alignment and accuracy.

Multiple Grip Options
Choose from our standard rubber or SuperStroke grip options to find the perfect setup for your stroke.

In-Hand V-Line Fang Images:

DSC_0009-XL.jpg

DSC_0011-XL.jpg

DSC_0010-XL.jpg

DSC_0013-XL.jpg

DSC_0012-XL.jpg

DSC_0014-XL.jpg

DSC_0016-XL.jpg

DSC_0017-XL.jpg

DSC_0019-XL.jpg

DSC_0021-XL.jpg

DSC_0020-XL.jpg

Love that white face compared to the rest of the darker finish. Good looking!

Love love love this shape.

Need this in a Tank version, ASAP!

Your pictures make this look MUCH better than the odyssey pictures do. The insert is a point of interest for me so will be trying this out.

I am a bit curious is the plan for odyssey to use Japan as a "test" market so to speak and then release their lines in the US at a later date? It seems that has been happening a bit lately. Not really a negative by any means just something I am curious about.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Staff
Fun facts:
  • Insert is dual parts. They went through 17 materials to find the right one for this insert, its actually a polymer and not urethane which is new.
  • Because the friction tecture could not be applied to the inside of the mod given the face design it has been applied after molding and the roughness can bee seen in my pics above.
  • The #7 and 2-Ball actually have deeper faces than any other version of the headshapes.
  • The feel is stellar and the roll is shockingly good. We oft question what else they can do but they keep on doing it.
  • The V-Line Fang needs to be in EVERY SINGLE line release from here on it. Its the best mallet/mid-mallet shape they have ever released. I have no fear in stating that.

• Staff
Your pictures make this look MUCH better than the odyessy pictures do. The insert is a point of interest for me so will be trying this out.

I am a bit curious is the plan for odyessy to use Japan as a "test" market so to speak and then release their lines in the US at a later date? It seems that has been happening a bit lately. Not really a negative by any means just something I am curious about.

Japan typically gets all these releases form them before us, nothing notably new there really.

I am LOVING this one! Can't wait to see it in person.

this is my favorite of the new releases! Any idea if there will be a CS option?

Japan typically gets all these releases form them before us, nothing notably new there really.
It is good to see them recognizing a good product and opening it up to more people rather than keeping it in one region.

bummer... maybe a sneaky CS release in Japan will force me to throw down some coin

Fun facts:
  • The V-Line Fang needs to be in EVERY SINGLE line release from here on it. Its the best mallet/mid-mallet shape they have ever released. I have no fear in stating that.

the bold has me intrigued. I'm a mid-mallet guy and to read this piques my interest.

I love, love, love the shape of this putter.

This is a really nice looking putter. Will have to get somewhere and test it out.

the bold has me intrigued. I'm a mid-mallet guy and to read this piques my interest.

#Cookie can vouch after seeing it, its a smaller footprint than you think. Much more small-version #7 in size, not a true full-mallet shape to the eyes, which was a goal with this shape.

This is impressive! I want to role

I cannot wait to hear how the face performs, it looks fantastic!

I really enjoyed the short time I spent with this one day before yesterday. The roll coming off the face was definitely hotter than I expected and was very smooth.

Easy to look at and the dots were sufficient for alignment. Story here is the insert for me though...it's really good.

I really enjoyed the short time I spent with this one day before yesterday. The roll coming off the face was definitely hotter than I expected and was very smooth.

Easy to look at and the dots were sufficient for alignment. Story here is the insert for me though...it's really good.

Your reaction from the first putt was freaking fantastic.

#Cookie can vouch after seeing it, its a smaller footprint than you think. Much more small-version #7 in size, not a true full-mallet shape to the eyes, which was a goal with this shape.

When you get a chance can you put up a side by side to the Big T #5 to get a comparison?

hello there.

This will most likely be a day one purchase for me. When I saw this shape for the first time I was sold. Beauty

Fun facts:
  • Insert is dual parts. They went through 17 materials to find the right one for this insert, its actually a polymer and not urethane which is new.
  • Because the friction tecture could not be applied to the inside of the mod given the face design it has been applied after molding and the roughness can bee seen in my pics above.
  • The #7 and 2-Ball actually have deeper faces than any other version of the headshapes.
  • The feel is stellar and the roll is shockingly good. We oft question what else they can do but they keep on doing it.

Polymer and not urethane?! Whoa.

Back