THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

As I sit here at work this morning staring out my office window looking at a snow covered TPC Michigan, I can't help but daydream about #THPRegionalRivalry It's seriously, its all I can think about!

So my question is... if selected to represent your state in this event, what ball will your strategy for be teeing up on the first hole? Will you try and hit a bomb to try and set the tone of the round, or will you scale back slightly and slow things down to ensure hitting the fairway safely?

I will be hitting driver on the first hole. Bomb it down the middle and set the tone. GO BUCKEYES!!

I'm taking a swing with driver. Big face, hard to miss it.

I was thinking the same thing. Plus it's hard not to hit driver on a open fairway to a par 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I sit here at work this morning staring out my office window looking at a snow covered TPC Michigan, I can't help but daydream about #THPRegionalRivalry It's seriously, its all I can think about!

So my question is... if selected to represent your state in this event, what ball will your strategy for be teeing up on the first hole? Will you try and hit a bomb to try and set the tone of the round, or will you scale back slightly and slow things down to ensure hitting the fairway safely?

As in the words of the great Jon Daly... Grip It and Rip It!!!

I'm taking driver out and looking to set a tone right off the bat!

Great question BFT!

I just hope I hit the ball on the first tee....(If selected of course)

I should be able to...

Always driver off the first tee, even if it's not the play.

9/10... I am going to go with driver on an opening par 5. The second shot may be where I make a safety decision. What gives the team to best look at birdie on the first hole. Most course designers are not going to stick it to you on the first hole, first shot.

Always driver off the first tee, even if it's not the play.

Too bad we're not starting on a par 3. I'd love to see you pull driver off the tee for it. :alien:

Too bad we're not starting on a par 3. I'd love to see you pull driver off the tee for it. :alien:

Tpluff has a punch baby driver for special occasions.

No good course designer ever starts the course with a par 3.

Pinslayer216(Korf) and I at Valleaire sim today. We played Kiawah Island, light wind, 6ft gimmies, from the tips, 1 mully/side. Had a couple glitchy things for an extra mully a piece. You Ohio boys need to get here on the 30th!

4430a775a93964995192da08b99709ce.jpg

We are now running a little match play on the back 9 at Torrey Pines

#1 sets up well for a driver. First tee issues...no problem for me!

We are now running a little match play on the back 9 at Torrey Pines

Match ends early, I dominate Pinslayer216 3&2! I am unbeatable in match play.

Match ends early, I dominate Pinslayer216 3&2! I am unbeatable in match play.

Domination huh....

good shooting fellas

With looking at the layout for hole one I would even I would give the driver a swing in the first hole.

I'd take driver off the tee on hole #1.

You know the hatred is deep between MI and Ohio when, in 7th grade I was threatened with getting a failing grade on a science project if I used blue and yellow on my bar chart again. Not sure if the teacher was serious or not, but I wasn't about to try and find out.

No hard or soft stepping, to be honest I didn't know what that was until about 3 or 4 months ago.

For along time I played rifle flighted 6.5 in my long irons and 7.0 in my short irons and wedges. These were the original rifles before TT bought them.

I've toyed with it both ways.. S3 hard stepped and X1 soft stepped. I don't think there's a perfect number, although it's nice to have that flexibility of a change when they don't have the "stiff plus" transition that some other companies are utilizing.

At the end of the day it's all about your flight and what you like. Sounds like you're already pretty dialed in.

Pinslayer216(Korf) and I at Valleaire sim today. We played Kiawah Island, light wind, 6ft gimmies, from the tips, 1 mully/side. Had a couple glitchy things for an extra mully a piece. You Ohio boys need to get here on the 30th!

4430a775a93964995192da08b99709ce.jpg

I may have to rethink my stop if you guys are putting up numbers like that.

Smooth driver swing since fairway runs out at 280. If the course is rock hard I might have to consider less than driver depending on the lie you expect to get going through the fairway.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Figured I'd throw this in here for next Saturday. Trying to get filled....hope more people can make it. Gunner and I will be there regardless:

January 30th @ 10:am
This time is locked in and can't be backed up later in the day due to play starting at 2:00pm. Could go earlier, but not later.

WHERE:
Valleaire Golf Club (new clubhouse)
Hinckley, Ohio

I have all 3 simulators reserved. Plan is for 3 4somes. We can discuss the format between now and then. Their simulators have the ability to choose different formats (Scramble, best ball, match play, stroke play etc)

COST: $30/hr roughly $30 per person for 18 holes.

WHO: would like to have 12 THPers come out for some good or bad golf (indoors) and maybe a few beers. If I do not have 12 3-4 days out I will need to call and cancel one booth so please make your RSVP solid between now and Monday January 25th.

1. PinSlayer216
2. Gunner
3. Ntanygd760

Hope to see everyone there and get some great competition in before this rivalry process starts.

We're getting closer to the PGA show which means we're getting closer to sign ups for this bad boy!

Figured I'd throw this in here for next Saturday. Trying to get filled....hope more people can make it. Gunner and I will be there regardless:

January 30th @ 10:am
This time is locked in and can't be backed up later in the day due to play starting at 2:00pm. Could go earlier, but not later.

WHERE:
Valleaire Golf Club (new clubhouse)
Hinckley, Ohio

I have all 3 simulators reserved. Plan is for 3 4somes. We can discuss the format between now and then. Their simulators have the ability to choose different formats (Scramble, best ball, match play, stroke play etc)

COST: $30/hr roughly $30 per person for 18 holes.

WHO: would like to have 12 THPers come out for some good or bad golf (indoors) and maybe a few beers. If I do not have 12 3-4 days out I will need to call and cancel one booth so please make your RSVP solid between now and Monday January 25th.

1. PinSlayer216
2. Gunner
3. Ntanygd760

Hope to see everyone there and get some great competition in before this rivalry process starts.

This thread might help you fill this....
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47736

Back