Women's Golf Shoes: Rant of the Wild Woman Golfer

DucatiGirl

Stoked for RWC2019
Reaction score
Handicap
My Height
Why do all speciality sport manufacturers insist on making the worst possible and ugliest footwear for women? I kinda get it in motorcycling - less than 3% of the population owns a bike and only about 18% of that 3% are women, so "specialty" is a really nice way to put that tiny market share.

But women golfers - c'mon man. We're not that rare. And grow the game - there's a whole market out there waiting for a manufacturer to bring them in.

So when I go to look for golf shoes, I really shouldn't see THESE pop up as my first two items:

29aa1cca47298f6d61a2029b151dc82b.jpg

Really? This is why I look for boys' shoes first.

The ones on the right look like something you'd wear to take a kid to ski lessons.

My wife needs a wide, so she's lucky that she can pick from the smaller size men shoes, which are often on crazy closeout. For actual women's shoes, she's had the best luck with Nike - they seem to stick to normal, sports-like shoes.

Haha your thread title is my favorite of the week.

Yes, Women golfers are underserved as a whole.

It’s funny because when you look at retail in its entirety the shopper is referred to as her

I know your pain.....I get it all the time when Jen goes looking for womens golf clothing

Most stores over here have plenty for men and then there will be a token gesture for women tucked away in a corner somewhere, and it isn't just clothing either....there are very few clubs for ladies either

Yet where we go in Spain every year, there is a large golf store that has plenty of clothing for women, but unfortunately it is stupidly expensive so we don't purchase anything

Quick look at their website and the Callaway Rogue driver is showing as 500 Euros, which according to the current exchange rate works out at about $570 or £445, which is £100 more than a big box store here in the UK is selling it for

I agree...why would manufacturers spend the money to make shoes like that? Who is going to buy them?

That is why they are closeouts, those are UGLY!!!

Those are hideous. I’ve had reasonably good luck finding solid options for the wife, maybe look again elsewhere.

Oof those are ugly as hell.

I think my wife still has a pair of Puma ladies shoes from a THP event a few years ago. I’ll PM you tomorrow the size and photo of them and if they fit, they’re yours if you want em

Heard this complaint weekly hen working in a shop and it's so true. Reps would come in and bring 18 different samples for men's shoes and like 1 or two ladies. Ecco was about the only one to really seem to care about women's shoes and it paid off for them in our area. Almost every other women golfer around is wear Eccos.

Heard this complaint weekly hen working in a shop and it's so true. Reps would come in and bring 18 different samples for men's shoes and like 1 or two ladies. Ecco was about the only one to really seem to care about women's shoes and it paid off for them in our area. Almost every other women golfer around is wear Eccos.

Alas I have had bad luck with Ecco (as in my feet don’t like them, not that they aren’t great shoes), and at those prices I don’t like to risk anything.

I just don’t get why a decent pair of shoes gets ruined by horrid colorways or gratuitous use of pink.

Or sparkles.

Alas I have had bad luck with Ecco (as in my feet don’t like them, not that they aren’t great shoes), and at those prices I don’t like to risk anything.

I just don’t get why a decent pair of shoes gets ruined by horrid colorways or gratuitous use of pink.

Or sparkles.
It's very true. Also, if it doesn't fit it just doesn't fit. I know some of them had luck at the outlets once in awhile, but again, if they don't fit right, that's not much help either.

If you find FJ's that fit well, maybe a pair via the myjoys program?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My wife and I went to a PGA superstore in Palm Springs a couple months ago, and they had a HUGE selection of very nice women's golf shoes, like probably hundreds of options. She found some she really liked. Maybe see if one of those is near you?

Whiskey

My wife wears size 5 or 5.5 so that makes it even more fun!

Or sparkles.

Or pink sparkles :good:

You get this when you have men designing the product and picking color ways, etc. I would think a brand like Adidas or Puma who do good women’s apparel would make sure the line from headwear to the foot looks right and hooks up nicely.

My wife and I went to a PGA superstore in Palm Springs a couple months ago, and they had a HUGE selection of very nice women's golf shoes, like probably hundreds of options. She found some she really liked. Maybe see if one of those is near you?

Whiskey

Not really looking for a pair of shoes right now and just browsed the sales. What’s available for women are rarely what I want, or as aggressive and supportive as men’s. I just skip the women’s section and check the juniors.

My wife wears size 5 or 5.5 so that makes it even more fun!

I’m in the 5.5-6 range so I feel her pain! I shop the juniors section and double check my Euro size against the children’s size before ordering.

Would trail running shoes work for you? They're always pretty supportive, generally waterproof, the soles are extremely aggressive to promote grip, and tend to offer a lot more choice in the women's styles (so Mrs. T tells me).

Back