Regional Rivalry Colors

It's funny with such a big rivalry between the two schools (OSU vs UofM) that these hard core fans rarely get the colors of their team right.

It's funny with such a big rivalry between the two schools (OSU vs UofM) that these hard core fans rarely get the colors of their team right.

Is that really the case? I mean, I know both fan bases have their not so smart people...

I want be wearing something like this
shopping

i-gymred-qv.jpg

adidas-pure-360-gripmore-sport-golf-shoes-57.jpg

Ohio (Scarlet) vs Michigan (Maize)
NY/NJ (Blue) vs New England (Red)
DMV (DC, MD, VA) (Black) vs Carolinas (Baby Blue)

This is almost exactly what I was thinking except with NY/NJ being Navy Blue.

I would go with Navy blue camo for DMV due to the Navy presence.

there are three air force bases between DC and Norfolk. Two Marine duty stations in DC and one in Virginia. Coast guard is pretty big in both MD and VA. Army has several bases to the DMV. Hard to favor one over the other.

Ohio RED vs Michigan BLUE
NY/NJ BLACK vs New England GREEN
DMV (DC, MD, VA) WHITE vs Carolinas LIGHT BLUE

I will take Ohio, New England, and DMV. No reason at all, flipped a coin for each.

Some answers in here are hilarious.

I don't recall this saying anything about apparel...might be implied, but you won't catch me wearing maize. Ever.

Carolinas - the only thing I can think that both have in common is golf, which could be any color....and then South of the Border. So can we go with a combination of red, yellow, and orange and come up with a golf sombrero....?
Damn Pedro. I hate him! Even though he's dead. Him and his stupid highway signs every mile for 75 miles in either direction on 95.

Ohio=Scarlet and Gray, Michigan=Puke Green

I don't recall this saying anything about apparel...might be implied, but you won't catch me wearing maize. Ever.

What about blue? That seems to be popular

Even giving up a spot? Bold statement.

What about blue? That seems to be popular
I'd go blue all day. It's Pure Michigan. Heck, I'm even wearing a color I think would work for Carolina right now.

Damn Pedro. I hate him! Even though he's dead. Him and his stupid highway signs every mile for 75 miles in either direction on 95.
And you all have to grow mustaches too.

Hahaha. Spandex maize you would be in.
Fortunately, I don't need stunts and empty promises of swag to ascend the power rankings. ?

Now, I really like some of the color ideas people laid out and the ones that gave reasoning.

All of these Ohio guys and not a single pick of the Michigan color being Flint Water. :D

Fortunately, I don't need stunts and empty promises of swag to ascend the power rankings. ?

Now, I really like some of the color ideas people laid out and the ones that gave reasoning.
When in doubt, go for the state flag. Which Michigan happens to have selected a most excellent colour.

All of these Ohio guys and not a single pick of the Michigan color being Flint Water. :D
I was waiting for that. "Polluted lead" is the official color, right?
When in doubt, go for the state flag. Which Michigan happens to have selected a most excellent colour.
I said blue all along. Love our state flag. Ohios is weird but fitting for the state.

I was going to say Koney Dog red but I like Flint Water too

Here's what I've got

DC/MD/VA (Grey) vs. Carolinas (Baby Blue)
NY/NJ (Navy Blue) vs. New England (Red)
Ohio (White) vs. Michigan (Yellow)

I said blue all along. Love our state flag. Ohios is weird but fitting for the state.
Very fitting for the one state I happen to live in to go all 'Merica colours hahahaha! I think it's a good flag though.

#MichiganStateWhaaaaaaaaat

Can't stand UM, went to wmu. Figured no one would want brown and gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

Its too sad for me to joke about (even though I kind of did), but that is pretty funny.

Back