The last round for the year

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I was able to tough out some 40* wind chills today to knock out my last round of the year and possibly for the foreseeable future. The kid is due in Jan. So I'm just hoping to find time to get to the range occasionally next year. Plus, they are calling for some arctic blast weather next couple of weeks. Didn't finish with a great score but I managed to wrestle the driver straight for the most part. However I hit my irons exceptionally well today. In fact, I pulled my driving irons on a few holes I normally hit 3 wood/driver on and managed to keep in play! I bogeyed every hole on the front except #5 a par 5 which I birdied, and actually had a shot at eagle. My putting kept me out of a decent score, I ran them in close but couldn't get them to fall. Back 9 I kind of fell apart, I think I got tired as I hadn't played 18 in almost 2 months. Had a couple double bogeys, but avoided any triples which is always a win for me. Managed to finish with an 88. Did anyone else wrap up today or this week?

I am very blessed. My last round of the year will probably occur the last week of December. My first round of next year the first week of January. I feel for all of you with a true offseason. I lived in Michigan for 10 winters, so I do understand.

Well, I was able to tough out some 40* wind chills today to knock out my last round of the year and possibly for the foreseeable future. The kid is due in Jan. So I'm just hoping to find time to get to the range occasionally next year. Plus, they are calling for some arctic blast weather next couple of weeks. Didn't finish with a great score but I managed to wrestle the driver straight for the most part. However I hit my irons exceptionally well today. In fact, I pulled my driving irons on a few holes I normally hit 3 wood/driver on and managed to keep in play! I bogeyed every hole on the front except #5 a par 5 which I birdied, and actually had a shot at eagle. My putting kept me out of a decent score, I ran them in close but couldn't get them to fall. Back 9 I kind of fell apart, I think I got tired as I hadn't played 18 in almost 2 months. Had a couple double bogeys, but avoided any triples which is always a win for me. Managed to finish with an 88. Did anyone else wrap up today or this week?

Back 9 fall aparts happen. Especially when you're battling the elements. 88 is a fine way to go out.

I do feel bad for you (and the rest) that have to suffer a golf "season." It's not a sport that is kind to those who have to take 4-6 months off.

Clubs have been put away now in the basement for next 5-6 months, snow is on the ground so all we can dream about is an early spring. Hopefully not like 2018 when courses didn't open until mid-May due to cold & rain, was the latest opening day up here that I can remember so praying was a once in a lifetime abnormality.

One of these nights I'll give the club's a complete wash, buff and refresh so they are like-new again as well as wash bag, clean out pockets, etc.

As soon as new year rolls in will start speed training and swinging a club in the living room (high ceilings). At the moment, looking after my wife (recent surgery) and starting to think about Christmas!

I hate 6 months of cold and snow....bah humbug!

I put my club away after the New England get together in Sept.
Life got in the way and now Winter is here in full force.

Looking forward to 2019 and getting my body and game back into shape.

Not sure, we are usually lucky and can play into Dec and Jan, but we have snow on the way again tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully it will melt quickly as the ground isn't frozen yet, but cold temps for at least the next week or so.

Feel for you all as well. The last course we had open had its last day today. Couldn’t golf but did ski today so not all is lost. I went out on a high note this year. Shot 79 on the last round. Have been lower but also higher so good way to go out. Hopefully, a short winter but did book a boys week of golf in Palm Springs for Feb so have that going for me.

I know how you feel. I had my last round yesterday. At least I had a decent round. Under my handicap. Now I am itching for the next season to see if I can improve.

I hope not, but my round last Thursday could be my last for awhile unless we get some nice weather in December. If so, I'm happy with how the year ended - 72. All pars on the front, bogeyed 10 and 11, but made two birdies on the way in.

We keep having a bit of an up and down start to the winter, so hopefully I'll be able to sneak out and get a round in this weekend. After that it's touch and go for what the weather will give us going forward. But if the high's are going to get up around 50 I'll probably try to sneak in an afternoon here and there.

We played Saturday, hopefully we will have more chances to play this year still. Shot an 83 on a tough track, so was happy with that.

I was able to get out and walk 6 holes on Thanksgiving day with my brother which I think is the latest I've ever played here. The course was shaggy and the greens were covered with sand but it was nice to get some swings. I hit sine good shots and some bad but it was overall pretty positive.

Wrapped up with 2 rounds last week. Shot an 81 and 84 (same course). Drove the ball better than I had all year, limited bad shots, etc. Of course I'm playing my best golf of the year at the end of the season!

Was able to get out yesterday for 9 holes. Weather looks good for this coming weekend.

Back