Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I keep tweaking my trail knee. Does anyone have any tips to take the pressure off the trail knee in the backswing. I noticed when I cock my wrists sooner, that helps. Any others?

I keep tweaking my trail knee. Does anyone have any tips to take the pressure off the trail knee in the backswing. I noticed when I cock my wrists sooner, that helps. Any others?

Try turning into your right inner thigh. Try to flex into that area and it will take some strain off your knee. You may also want to by a neoprene sleeve or compression sleeve to help stabilize the knee.

Try not to change the arm swing or use an early wrist set. It isn’t taking strain off the knee, it’s just building a bad swing flaw. My guess is that you’ve started to allow the knee to straiten on the back swing or your swinging more into your left side to guard against the pain.

Try turning into your right inner thigh. Try to flex into that area and it will take some strain off your knee. You may also want to by a neoprene sleeve or compression sleeve to help stabilize the knee.

Try not to change the arm swing or use an early wrist set. It isn’t taking strain off the knee, it’s just building a bad swing flaw. My guess is that you’ve started to allow the knee to straiten on the back swing or your swinging more into your left side to guard against the pain.

Thanks!

trail knee pain

Freddie has given great advice here. I have some instability and discomfort in my right knee as well. I donned a knee brace and focused on turning into right thigh with knee flexed on backswing. I tend to extend knee and roll out onto lateral side of foot. Often weight gets stuck there. Paying attention to keeping my right knee braced results into better ability to get onto left side with better ballstriking plus less knee discomfort later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddie has given great advice here. I have some instability and discomfort in my right knee as well. I donned a knee brace and focused on turning into right thigh with knee flexed on backswing. I tend to extend knee and roll out onto lateral side of foot. Often weight gets stuck there. Paying attention to keeping my right knee braced results into better ability to get onto left side with better ballstriking plus less knee discomfort later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
''

Thanks, braveheart. I appreciate the comment. I do roll sway on the outside of my right foot. I would have thought the opposite, allowing it to roll would not provide resistance and a tight turn with no lateral motion would be trouble. I guess like most things in golf, it is opposite of what we think.

Freddie, I love the thought of turning into the trail inner thigh. Thanks. I haven't played yet. Just swinging in the house and it feels ok on the knee. On a separate thought, do you have a similar one thought on the down swing? Do you advocate a hip bump or swing from the ground up? Thx, CG

Carolina,
If all else fails I can give you the name of the guy who put two knee replacements in me. Take this advice seriously.

Back