Dove Mountain-Tucson Area

Danimal

AKA "Dee-Animal"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~10
I am going to be out in Tucson on the 3rd and 4th of December. I have an 11 am tee time on both days at Dove Mountain. I’ve played there before, but was wondering if anyone has played there recently. Looking for course conditions etc.. Thanks!

I have not been out that way yet to play. That course always looks immaculate when I cycle by it. Sorry I could not help you out. Have a good trip.

Not recently, probably been 7 or 8 years since I was down there. Conditions were always excellent, not sure if that is still the case nowadays. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Sorry, my last round there was end of August. Played Tortolita and Wild Burro. Courses were in great shape then. Each of the 9 holes were closed for overseeding in Sep/Oct. All are back open and I imagine are looking pretty good now. The latest 9 to be overseeded was Saguaro and it reopened on Nov 2nd.

Enjoy your rounds out there. Some spectacular views from those courses!

Thanks for the response. I would be surprised if it is anything other than beautiful. I played Wild Burro & Tortolita about 3 years ago in June.....very hot. I played 27 that day (wild Burro 2x). I hope I get to play Saguaro this time.

I've never heard of this course before. My buddy told me last night he is playing in a tournament next month with another member from his club, that guys friend, and Colt McCoy. I looked up the course and dang it looks awesome! I'm a little jealous of him right now. Plus playing with Colt would be pretty cool.

Not my favorite but always in real good condition. I'm sure he will have some real interesting putts out there.

Not my favorite but always in real good condition. I'm sure he will have some real interesting putts out there.
He's a really good putter and can read greens well. His home course is Cimarron Hills here in Georgetown which is a Jack Nicklaus course which has really hard greens. I can't ready half of them to save my life lol.

He's a really good putter and can read greens well. His home course is Cimarron Hills here in Georgetown which is a Jack Nicklaus course which has really hard greens. I can't ready half of them to save my life lol.

Those greens are like a roller coaster.

Back