Grandura Shafts Review Thread

How does the BB compare to the 530? I loved the DI series a couple of years ago, but now that I've gained some swing speed, I spin the DI-6 too much to play it. I want to try the BB-6 at some point.
Bb felt a touch more tip stiff, on similar strikes launched a bit lower. Very smooth shaft though, provides solid load and kick. Grandura felt a bit more "hollow?" Not quite sure how to describe it. Bb felt like the shaft had thinker walls if that makes any sense...

Final set for comparison purposes. Graphite design bb6s
3db472142d011397653a4793cbdeea82.jpg

Bit longer but more wild. Though I could be tired lol

I can use it if you get bored!

Looks similar to the logo off BMW M Series, I like my M3, and any golf shaft that drives like my car would be in the bag. I checked out the Video of the management, and its got my attention, for their proven experience in the golf industry. Miyazaki has butt CPM marked on their shafts. I found they were bang on exact measurements to my precision digital frequency analyser, worst one was 2-3 cpm off. Will Grandura do the same? I would like to see more LM's numbers...apples to apples (weight / flex / length / launch design: low,mid.high).

Last edited:
So I finally got the 590 tipped with a Callaway adapter to give it a run.

Man, is this shaft delightful. The feel is tremendous and it certainly gave me a much higher ballflight then the Hashimoto. I struggle all the time with a swing that sometimes borders on smothering at impact so I am trying consciously to get the ball higher and carry farther. The control in lateral movement was excellent, and while it is stiffer then my HZRDUS, Hashimoto and my LZ Handcrafted, it never felt boardy.

I am struggling trying to pick a long term gamer shaft because I have a handful of shafts that perform amazingly. But, this one is sitting high right now.

So I finally got the 590 tipped with a Callaway adapter to give it a run.

Man, is this shaft delightful. The feel is tremendous and it certainly gave me a much higher ballflight then the Hashimoto. I struggle all the time with a swing that sometimes borders on smothering at impact so I am trying consciously to get the ball higher and carry farther. The control in lateral movement was excellent, and while it is stiffer then my HZRDUS, Hashimoto and my LZ Handcrafted, it never felt boardy.

I am struggling trying to pick a long term gamer shaft because I have a handful of shafts that perform amazingly. But, this one is sitting high right now.

That 590 something special for sure. What flex HZRDUS do you have? and in terms of ball flight how would you rank all of them?

That 590 something special for sure. What flex HZRDUS do you have? and in terms of ball flight how would you rank all of them?

I believe my HZRDUS is stiff per JB, but it's more of the Yellow profile then Black from what I remember. In terms of Ballflight, I would say in order from lowest to highest is Hashimoto - LZ Handcrafted - HZRDUS - Grandura 590

Still the best shaft I have played in a driver to date.

Did the fitting on their website again and it spit out the 530x. hmm...

Did the fitting on their website again and it spit out the 530x. hmm...

just did it again, and it's still giving me 590 ts at 57 grams with 4.2 torque. i wonder if it gives that higher flex because i say i want to play a fade.

Anyone have a 550 TS or X they're not currently using for me to try out?!

The Grandura 530 in x is fantastic. Good launch and spin numbers, and carry just as good if not slightly better than the two other x flex's I currently have (Tour green and Rouge I/O). Also, combo with the GBB, it provides better feedback regarding contact than anything else I have. Does play a little stout, and I could probably play the TS with no problem, but the more I try this shaft the more I like it.

I won the Grandura Shaft in my THP Holiday Grab Bag. 530 Stiff flex. I had it installed onto my Cobra S9.1 Pro-S 10.5 degree Driver and took it out to the range this afternoon. Pretty darn impressive!

First of all, I have always played R Flex driver shafts in the mid-50s weight range. The Grandura is S Flex and 10 grams heavier than that. I was a bit concerned that I couldn't play it, but the results out at the range were really good. My swing speed measures 89-92 mph and I hit the ball 225-255 depending on contact and rollout. The Grandura shaft felt really good, with "solid" being my best one-word description for it. The height was mid for me and about where I'd like it to be. Distance was about 10 yards longer than my "other" Cobra driver that I took to the range for comparison. That's a non-Pro version of the Cobra S9.1 with Aldila NV shaft R flex.

So I'm really encouraged by the range results and am looking forward to taking it out on the course. Thanks THP for the gift and the opportunity to play such a nice shaft.

I won the Grandura Shaft in my THP Holiday Grab Bag. 530 Stiff flex. I had it installed onto my Cobra S9.1 Pro-S 10.5 degree Driver and took it out to the range this afternoon. Pretty darn impressive!

First of all, I have always played R Flex driver shafts in the mid-50s weight range. The Grandura is S Flex and 10 grams heavier than that. I was a bit concerned that I couldn't play it, but the results out at the range were really good. My swing speed measures 89-92 mph and I hit the ball 225-255 depending on contact and rollout. The Grandura shaft felt really good, with "solid" being my best one-word description for it. The height was mid for me and about where I'd like it to be. Distance was about 10 yards longer than my "other" Cobra driver that I took to the range for comparison. That's a non-Pro version of the Cobra S9.1 with Aldila NV shaft R flex.

So I'm really encouraged by the range results and am looking forward to taking it out on the course. Thanks THP for the gift and the opportunity to play such a nice shaft.

great pickup there, and 10 yards is solid!

just did it again, and it's still giving me 590 ts at 57 grams with 4.2 torque. i wonder if it gives that higher flex because i say i want to play a fade.

It just spit out the same thing for me, but I said I want to play a draw.

It is a really good shaft for me. I'm hitting more fairways than ever. If I don't try to over cook it, I'm seeing a nice high flight with a baby draw. When I over swing, I'm seeing a flight straight towards the left. I'm sure that has more to do with my swing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It is a really good shaft for me. I'm hitting more fairways than ever. If I don't try to over cook it, I'm seeing a nice high flight with a baby draw. When I over swing, I'm seeing a flight straight towards the left. I'm sure that has more to do with my swing.

I need to get a swing on it in my XR head come IOWA!!!

I need to get a swing on it in my XR head come IOWA!!!
Less than 4 months now! Your more than welcome to give it a go.

Did the online fitting last night and it spit out 530 S for me. Hmmmm, I just so happen to posses said shaft. Thinking it may be time to cut a half inch off and give it a real whirl.

Can't wait to get mine back into play soon. Saw great things last year so I'm hoping it'll continue to treat me well.

Did the online fitting last night and it spit out 530 S for me. Hmmmm, I just so happen to posses said shaft. Thinking it may be time to cut a half inch off and give it a real whirl.

Yeah, I saw you had it on the buy, sell, trade board. I was wishing it was a 590.

Yeah, I saw you had it on the buy, sell, trade board. I was wishing it was a 590.
I have never been accused of being a higher ball hitter but have no problems launching the 530, or the low launch shaft in my signature. Used to think I needed a "high launch" shaft but never had a ton of luck, nor did I see consistently higher ball flight, with them.

Just cought up no THP Radio. Its unfortunate these shafts will no longer be available. Crazy because there has been some pretty darn good reviews here. I still want to try a 530X

Who has one with a Titleist fit adapter that they want to give up?

Back