Ogio Silencer Stand Bag - Your thoughts?

myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
I've read through the preview thread on this bag, but never saw a an actual review thread. Right now the 2015 models can be had for a steal and they are identical to the 2016 model except in colors so let's hear it. Is the bag the real deal? Or is it overhyped and not worth the price?

I did not realize they made an Ogio Silencer stand bag. I had the cart bag and liked the silencer feature, but the pockets were too small due to the room needed to support the silencer mechanism. And the no zip ball pocket is a pain. Too easy for it to open and dump contents.

I love my silencer cart bag - best bag I've ever had. I would certainly consider the silencer stand bag when I'm ready to buy a new stand bag.

I bought the stand bag and returned it. Mainly due to me wanting the cart bag and ordering the wrong one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I purchased a 2016 Silencer cart bag from the Ogio website when they had a 50% off code. Very light bag for a cart bag. Love the club divider system. plus the putter well is huge. The 2016 has all zippered pockets, so no balls falling out of the pockets. Only negative is I wish they would have put a handle on the back, under the strap. Only handles are on the front. Can make it a little awkward when picking the bag up. It's well worth the money, especially on sale.

I purchased a 2016 Silencer cart bag from the Ogio website when they had a 50% off code. Very light bag for a cart bag. Love the club divider system. plus the putter well is huge. The 2016 has all zippered pockets, so no balls falling out of the pockets. Only negative is I wish they would have put a handle on the back, under the strap. Only handles are on the front. Can make it a little awkward when picking the bag up. It's well worth the money, especially on sale.

Damn where's a code like that when I need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the idea of the Silencer and Rock Bottom has a real deal on last years model. Quick question though - has anyone used clubs with GameGolf (or Arccos...) tags with a Silencer. Thinking about it, the latching mechanism may create a problem with the tags.

Like the idea of the Silencer and Rock Bottom has a real deal on last years model. Quick question though - has anyone used clubs with GameGolf (or Arccos...) tags with a Silencer. Thinking about it, the latching mechanism may create a problem with the tags.

Good point on the Arccos… I still have it myself even though not actively using it.

I have the silencer stand bag and love it. I'll never buy another bag again - except replacement silencer stand bags. Unless they stop making them or sell the tech to other companies to use. I don't think the tech would be a problem with the Arcos or game golf tags because the system applies pressure to the sides of the grip near the end, not the actual base of the grip. The new bags and system require less space than the original "chamber" so the full length side pocket is actually full length. I feel like there is plenty of pocket space. It also doesn't have the zipperless ball pocket to mess with. Instead it's a zipper pocket that is removable for personalization.

img10205408693.jpeg

Has anyone used this with a ClicGear 2.0? I don't walk much, but do occasionally so want to make sure this will fit the push cart well.

I've been eyeing the cart bag version of this since last year, problem is in Australia its almost unheard of and anywhere that does stock it charges a fortune. Really wish I'd just bit the bullet and purchased off Amazon last year when the $ conversion rate was better lol.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

No issues with the game golf tags and the silencer features which hold the golf clubs securely.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Love love love this bag. I used it all last year. Big fan. The top actually ripped on mine but OGIO replaced it with a new bag. That being said, I'll be gaming the new one this coming year.

Question for you guys, would you recommend the stand or cart Silencer?

My profile is that I ride and also have a push cart. I wouldn't carry. For me the biggest convenience of the stand bag is when practicing. The trade-off is if the stand bag doesn't work well on carts, I'd go with a cart bag.

Thanks

Cart bag. No question. Only issue I have is the bottom of the stand bag is oddly shaped and doesn't fit well when I ride

My profile is that I ride and also have a push cart. I wouldn't carry. For me the biggest convenience of the stand bag is when practicing. The trade-off is if the stand bag doesn't work well on carts, I'd go with a cart bag.

Thanks

The bottom is the only negative I give it. Honestly

Cart bag. No question. Only issue I have is the bottom of the stand bag is oddly shaped and doesn't fit well when I ride

Thanks - that is one thing that drives me a little batty with stand bags. Most of them don't seem to ride well and always seem like they get twisted and look like they are going to fall out.

I ride all the time with the stand version with no issue. It sits in square/straight and I can access all the clubs.

Thanks
Stand bag has a cart strap channel...so it should help make it fit snug in a cart.

I ride all the time with the stand version with no issue. It sits in square/straight and I can access all the clubs.

Mine doesn't. Maybe the carts at my home course are weird

Update - I ended up buying a new 2015 cart version today for $109 out the door. At that price I couldn't pass it up and when I'm not riding I use a ClicGear so not concerned about the legs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453437753.332265.jpg

I've been looking at these bags since the thread went up. I might pull the trigger on one. I always ride, so cart bag is for me.

How is pulling the clubs in and out?

How is pulling the clubs in and out?

Just playing around with it yesterday it wasnt bad. They seem ti fit securely, but not like they are vice clamped in or anything. I did flip the bag over above the couch too to see if they would stay in and they did. One day when this frozen wasteland called Chicago thaws and I'm out on the course I will provide more feedback.

Since they go into a groove in the bottom also, does it leave any marks on the grips or shafts?

Last edited:
Back