Thoughts on the super bowl and the commercials?

Randyman28

Reaction score
Handicap
I meant to post this monday but been busy. I thought the super bowl was great.I had 2 random thoughts.Would love to hear your feedback

1.What was cam newton thinking on that fumble?I cant believe he bailed on getting the ball back for his team, WOW..I got to be honest ive never liked him.In the regular season he runs off the field to the locker room after the falcons beat them, he didnt shake matt ryans hand after the game.Today he puts his foot in his mouth by saying "you show me a good loser and ill show you a loser"

2.The NFL has really gone down hill IMO..Why would they let so many bad commercials in for the superbowl?I think I seen 3-4 prescription drug commercials? Thats the ones I HATE THE MOST :banghead:IMO the NFL is money hungry and dont care about us fans who watch and attend the games.The stupid change on the kickoffs makes the kickoffs so boring.What was they thinking there?

I think all three parts of the Super Bowl were...eh.

Game a bit boring.
Commercials sucked.
Halftime show...horrible.

Best part of the whole event were the cigars I smoked.

JMHO

I meant to post this monday but been busy. I thought the super bowl was great.I had 2 random thoughts.Would love to hear your feedback

1.What was cam newton thinking on that fumble?I cant believe he bailed on getting the ball back for his team, WOW..I got to be honest ive never liked him.In the regular season he runs off the field to the locker room after the falcons beat them, he didnt shake matt ryans hand after the game.Today he puts his foot in his mouth by saying "you show me a good loser and ill show you a loser"

2.The NFL has really gone down hill IMO..Why would they let so many bad commercials in for the superbowl?I think I seen 3-4 prescription drug commercials? Thats the ones I HATE THE MOST :banghead:IMO the NFL is money hungry and dont care about us fans who watch and attend the games.The stupid change on the kickoffs makes the kickoffs so boring.What was they thinking there?

The Cam thing has been discussed in the other threads.

As to your second point the NFL isn't responsible for the commercials aired during the telecast, the network that paid the NFL the broadcast rights sells the airtime for the commercials.

The change to kickoffs was intended to enhance player safety but has turned it into basically a nothing play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the last 10 minutes. That is what I think of the NFL........

There was nothing that was good to me. Everything was just ok.

Jason Bourne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my thoughts on the Super Bowl, halftime show, and commercials:

Meh.

People always say defensive games are boring. I thought it was a great game plan by Denver and I really hope Peyton retires after this win, he was painful to watch. I've never seen so many ducks thrown by an NFL QB. As for the commercials I thought mostly they were lame. The Doritos ultrasound one made me laugh, but I miss all the good beer commercials, Bud and Bud Light usually has some really good ones and this year was :bad:

3 things about the commercials:
1) #puppymonkeybaby
2) I thought it would of been hilarious if Trojan posted a commercial immediately after the one about babies being born 9 months after the superbowl with a simple add.... "don't let that last commercial happen to you, Trojan maaaaaan"
3) #puppymonkeybaby

I thought the SuperBowl game/commercials/halftime was Sucktastic

In one word ... disappointment

Was also disappointed in the NFL allowing such controversy into the halftime show with Beyonce's song. I felt it was not the stage for that statement.

To end on a happy note, glad to see Bronco win ...

The whole thing was a major letdown and disappointment. I didn't expect good commercials because they've been terrible for years now. The game was poorly played. Cam is who I thought he was. Peyton is beyond washed up and looked like the worst QB to win a Super Bowl. The halftime show was a complete disgrace and shows how screwed up this country has become IMO. That people are actually okay with Beyonce and her anti police agenda scares me.

I thought it was all mediocre, but the end result was absolutely fantastic.

I love that the Broncos won. The D is amazing and the O needs work. The commercials, well the Doritos commercial that offended everyone, that's the one I like the most. Cam, he needs to age a little bit, he'll be good. The media over did him and that's why the majority of folks that don't like him, don't like him. The half time show blew. I did have a blast bbqing with my fam and friends.

The best part was the end when I could just confirm that the Broncos won. Honestly I started reading a book during the 2nd half - Shanks for Nothing by Rick Reilly.

meh...that about sums it up

Nothing this year stood out. I liked the Doritos commercial as it was well done...The one that isn't getting much run, but was well done was the Helen Mirren commercial about driving drunk and getting a designated drivers.

1. Superman met his kryptonite in the Denver defense and showed his true self on the fumble and the interviews afterwards.

2. I was underwhelmed by the commercials this year.

3. I don't care about the drug commercials. They all sound like the drug will kill you before the affliction they are supposed to treat.

4. The kickoff position was changed in an effort to lessen injuries incurred when running a kick back by creating more touchbacks.

As to your second point the NFL isn't responsible for the commercials aired during the telecast, the network that paid the NFL the broadcast rights sells the airtime for the commercials.

Yeah but somebody filters and "ok" these commercials.Thats the ones that need to be fired

Anytime Coldplay are involved, the entertainment is gonna suck!

#PuppyMonkeyBaby

My son is walking around say 'puppy monkey baby' ugh. I think it creepy

My son is walking around say 'puppy monkey baby' ugh. I think it creepy
I may or may not have driven Michelle crazy the past two days by saying #puupymonkeybaby continuously

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thinking back on the commercials from the SB, I have to say I wasn't impressed. Usually a few stand out, but not this year.

Back