Beauty is only skin deep

Annhl8rX

Reaction score
Handicap
I think all of us have, at one time or another, fallen in love with the looks of a club. Whether it be a driver, wedge, or set of irons, some equipment just looks good to certain people. Sometimes that initial attraction is validated by good results when you get to swing the club, and sometimes it isn't. This thread is about the latter.

The Adams XTD CC irons are the coolest looking golf equipment I've ever seen. The black finish, the red trim, the hint of an X on the back...it's like they designed them just to appeal to me.
5979e2f7fe4b1de2dbc9a3ebb3a3efcd.jpg

I spotted a set of them on the used rack at the PGA store today and my heart skipped a beat. They were priced so that even a cheapskate like me might actually bite, too.

I grabbed the 7 (my most trusted club) and headed for a bay. I soon came back down to earth. I was shanking gem and scooping them. Hitting them fat and thin, left and right. I freely admit I'm a terrible golfer, but I'm not THAT terrible.

So my question is, what club(s) have you fallen in love with the looks of, only to find out they didn't work for you at all?

I like a lot of clubs that others dont like the looks of.
Im not sure I have found too many clubs that I could not get to work though.

Thats a shame these didnt work for you. Especially with the love for the looks.

I fell in Love with the looks of the Callaway razr X Black irons but couldn't hit them to save my life. They were just right every time. Nothing I did helped. Before I sold them I was at the point that I was trying to easy swing my hybrid and 3/4 swing them just so I didn't have to pull an iron.

Its usually the ugliest club plays the best. In my case a Knight 7 wood with "made in china" senior flex shaft lmao.

I bought the Adams A 4 because they looked amazing but I could just not get them to work for me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Adams CB2. Was in the sim a could t hit a darn thing. Sucked because I really wanted them.

Ugly clubs might work, but if they don't fit my eye, I'm not buying them.

Ugly clubs might work, but if they don't fit my eye, I'm not buying them.

Man...I'd play with a garden hoe if I could hit it straight and long.

I design buildings for a living, and fortunately, what fits my eye usually works for me.

A case in point were the i-series woods of Ping. I never gamed Ping before but I really liked the looks. I first saw these clubs from a playing partner late 2014. Now the 3 and 5 woods in my bag are i-series Pings.

Back