Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship

I love the high tops but those pants are a little suspect. Almost like he didn't get his luggage from the airline and had to wear his walk around pants. But hey, he can wear what he wants.

the more I see the look the more I dig it. The hightops need some tweaking

What club is Stenson teeing up with in most holes? Looks like a 3 wood, but anyone know which model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What club is Stenson teeing up with in most holes? Looks like a 3 wood, but anyone know which model?

Last I knew it was his Callaway Diablo Octane he's had forever.

From what was discussed earlier I believe it is the new XR 16 pro. And he hits it about 300+ yards, so he doesn't really need driver.

Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship

Callaway tweeted this earlier. Proof that he actually switched. Which is a huge move because he's had the Diablo Octane model for years.

291293a8678b7a861dfc6d58c4e2d6d6.jpg

yeah that 3w is ok.

That's saying a lot, if Stenson put it in the bag.

Callaway tweeted this earlier. Proof that he actually switched. Which is a huge move because he's had the Diablo Octane model for years.

Oh no kidding that's cool. Didn't know he switched but it must be good for him to give up old faithful

Wow Henrick made the switch,that speaks volumes.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Would never have expected Stenson would change with the success he's had in the past with the old one. Makes you wonder how good can it get?

Can anyone tell what shaft he has in there?

Can anyone tell what shaft he has in there?

Graphalloy blue I believe. I don't think that has changed. Looks like he just went for the new clubhead.

I've been enjoying watching the coverage. In particular, I really like some of the camera angles for the shots - some great perspective from down at ground level or up at the players and some great close-ups of putts in particular as well as various shots giving a great view of feet or hands or ball, etc. - and also more slow-mo replays. Just seems like they are doing that far more than the US coverage usually does which always seems to be the same perspective about 90% of the time. Not sure their camera work is nearly as good at following the ball in flight and when it lands however.

I also like the difference in style in the commentary by the team doing the coverage.

I like euro coverage better as well. They are more relaxed and they have no problem making fun of Fowlers clothes. Easy target, but amusing none the less.

Hoping to see the big three play better today, I'd really like to see an old fashioned slugfest Sunday afternoon between two or three of them.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

An interesting day for sure.
Spieth struggled a bit in round 2 and fell behind, but is playing better.
Rory stayed near the top and is about to tee off.

Going to be a solid weekend.

I wish they showed more coverage of DeCambeau. I watched for 3hrs yesterday and he was tied for the lead. They showed him hitting on shot and putting about 4 times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like euro coverage better as well. They are more relaxed and they have no problem making fun of Fowlers clothes. Easy target, but amusing none the less.

Hoping to see the big three play better today, I'd really like to see an old fashioned slugfest Sunday afternoon between two or three of them.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket
I think there is a good way and a really bad way to be critical about things like what Fowler is wearing. Disappointing that I am missing a lot of the coverage, because I think I'd enjoy what you're describing a lot.

I think there is a good way and a really bad way to be critical about things like what Fowler is wearing. Disappointing that I am missing a lot of the coverage, because I think I'd enjoy what you're describing a lot.

It is funny how they rarely are critical of IJP apparel with his dong logo however :D

It is funny how they rarely are critical of IJP apparel with his dong logo however :D
The euros are pretty comfortable with the nudes aren't they? Haha. Definitely a difference between a Wang logo and hammer pants with basketball shoes hahaha

Don't think anyone in Europe's ever thought IJP looks like a dong!

Good leaderboard for the weekend. Not seen much of DeChambeau before, only read a few things. Interesting idea of all his irons being the same length.

Don't think anyone in Europe's ever thought IJP looks like a dong!

Good leaderboard for the weekend. Not seen much of DeChambeau before, only read a few things. Interesting idea of all his irons being the same length.

Pretty hard to miss. :D

New-IJP-Logo.jpg

Bryson annoyes me. He comes across as a know it all college kid.

Bryson annoyes me. He comes across as a know it all college kid.

Agreed 100%. I just can't like the guy. He's a darn good golfer, but his "system" annoys me.

Back