Michigan hackers, check in here

Fellas,

Just found this Groupon -> https://www.groupon.com/deals/hvs-sports-1

18 Holes of Virtual Golf for 4. Includes 2 Large Pizzas and 2 Pitcher of Soda for only $65.

There is also a 20% off coupon code (JUMBO3) floating around on the web that might expire soon.

I just picked up one and it brought my total to $52! So, $52/4 ppl = $13 for 1 round of golf, 2 large pizzas, and 2 pitchers of pop! #Boom

Disclaimer: I have never been to this location so the simulators are unknown to me but how bad can it be for $13?!

Last edited:
Fellas,

18 Holes of Virtual Golf for 4. Includes 2 Large Pizzas and 2 Pitcher of Soda for only $65.

There is also a 20% off coupon code (JUMBO3) floating around on the web that might expire soon.

I just picked up one and it brought my total to $5! So, $52/4 ppl = $13 for 1 round of golf, 2 large pizzas, and 2 pitchers of pop! #Boom

Disclaimer: I have never been to this location so the simulators are unknown to me but how bad can it be for $13?!

That's in canton right? Can I just be included in that 4 you mention ;)

That's in canton right? Can I just be included in that 4 you mention ;)

Ya High Velocity is in Canton on Michigan Avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you played there? If so, how was the sim?

I haven't. I used to live around the corner from there. They didn't have any simulators there I lived over there. It's a big indoor sports area with hockey rinks and I want to say some indoor soccer areas. In all fairness though, it's a golf simulator, any place you can hit golf balls, drink beer, and eat pizza sounds pretty decent to me.

Fellas,

I just picked up one and it brought my total to $52! So, $52/4 ppl = $13 for 1 round of golf, 2 large pizzas, and 2 pitchers of pop! #Boom

Sounds good to me!

Fellas,

It sounds good to me. Just can't do the 31st. Keep me posted

Fellas,

I would be in as long as its not a Sunday, already taken way to many Sundays off of pool league this season.

Fellas,

If people would rather do this next weekend, it's not a big deal to me. The location is much better for the group as a whole.

I would be interested in this as well. If we need an additional Groupon let me know & I will snag one.
Fellas,

So it's likely that I am out for next weekend. Only possible time for me is Sunday afternoon. But no worries if everyone else wants another time.

Fellas,

Is anybody up for this next weekend. If so I am only available Saturday.

I. Love. Golf.

I can't wait to see the Michigan guys again soon!

I. Love. Golf.

I can't wait to see the Michigan guys again soon!

I second that. We have a great bunch of guys!

I am in for Sim action in Canton HVS either day. Just let me know where and when.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is anybody up for this next weekend. If so I am only available Saturday.

Could do early am possibly on Saturday. Not sure about Sunday but likely Am too.

Don't know how I missed all this sim talk but I am out unfortunately.

Don't know how I missed all this sim talk but I am out unfortunately.

Guess someone will have to Periscope it so the captain can do his new rankings afterwards.

I can't make it but I may have to get my act together if I drop below rbarthle17, who already said he can't make it. #worktodo

I can't make it but I may have to get my act together if I drop below rbarthle17, who already said he can't make it. #worktodo

I already got my reward.

participation-medal.png

Just wanted to introduce myself. 20 years ago I quit playing golf because of a back operation. Fully retired this year, I decided no matter how bad I was, I was going to take the game up again. I got 40 rounds in and ended up with a 14 handicap, which I'm very happy with.

I'm thinking of resurrecting an old habit from my youth. When I lived downstate, I would be able to play my home course in December and March. I can remember a number of days sitting in the clubhouse in the morning waiting for the snow to melt enough to go out and play. January and February was a problem, because the snow just didn't go away. So, I would go stay with my folks in South Haven, MI, get up early some morning and drive about 4 hours till I could play golf. That was usually somewhere south of Indianapolis. When I got done with my 18, I'd drive back to South Haven. Otter Creek in Columbus, IN was a favorite. A couple of times I had to go further and stay overnight somewhere. I think the name of the course I played then was Mallard Point in the Huntsville, AL area. It was the only way I could work in MI and still play golf 12 months a year.

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing that again. I'm crazy enough to do it, not so crazy to think anyone else would.

Later,

John

Welcome John!
And been there done that regarding the traveling south to play in the winter!

Just wanted to introduce myself. 20 years ago I quit playing golf because of a back operation. Fully retired this year, I decided no matter how bad I was, I was going to take the game up again. I got 40 rounds in and ended up with a 14 handicap, which I'm very happy with.

I'm thinking of resurrecting an old habit from my youth. When I lived downstate, I would be able to play my home course in December and March. I can remember a number of days sitting in the clubhouse in the morning waiting for the snow to melt enough to go out and play. January and February was a problem, because the snow just didn't go away. So, I would go stay with my folks in South Haven, MI, get up early some morning and drive about 4 hours till I could play golf. That was usually somewhere south of Indianapolis. When I got done with my 18, I'd drive back to South Haven. Otter Creek in Columbus, IN was a favorite. A couple of times I had to go further and stay overnight somewhere. I think the name of the course I played then was Mallard Point in the Huntsville, AL area. It was the only way I could work in MI and still play golf 12 months a year.

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing that again. I'm crazy enough to do it, not so crazy to think anyone else would.

Later,

John

Welcome aboard John. I'm pretty sure we are all they crazy! I routinely check the weather to see how far south I have to go to get a round of golf in. Hopefully I'm lucky enough today to get to play while I'm in NC, it's going to be 60* here

Welcome aboard John. I'm pretty sure we are all they crazy! I routinely check the weather to see how far south I have to go to get a round of golf in. Hopefully I'm lucky enough today to get to play while I'm in NC, it's going to be 60* here

60 eh! We were lucky this year in Northern Michigan. We've had a mild winter and I was able to play all the way through Christmas Day. Although the temperatures were mostly 35-45.

Hope you enjoy the balmy weather.

Later,

John

Edited for Time - We could only get one at 9:00.
It is an AboutGolf sim. Same one as Cattails I would imagine.
They said show up early to warm up. Our time starts @ 9:00 and we are off @ 1PM.
Groupon has been purchased.

Hey Guys,

Regarding the sim round this weekend. Would like to firm this up a bit.

My proposal:

Saturday 1/30 @ 9:00 am
Looking for 3 other guys to commit.
Please quote this post in your reply.
If we get more interest than four we can get another bay in the works.

Thanks Wyzyguy

High Velocity Sports

Address: 46245 Michigan Ave,Canton, MI 48188

Phone: (734) 487-7678

Last edited:
Back