Iron Covers on Tour? Yup!

Also read that these may not even be a legit Taylormade product?

Although I swear I've seen these at Dicks

My wife bought me a set of those for Christmas a few years ago. I only use them when packing my travel bag.

Ooh. I could complete the trifecta. Now I know what’s going on my Christmas list!!

We aren’t friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gross... thankfully no one knows who he is so it won't catch on

Do those iron covers have zippers on them? No way I could handle unzipping one for every shot.

No. Every single time, no exceptions I play with someone who uses iron covers they have all at some point misplaced one or more multiple times troughout the round. If you wanna use them for storage or travel fine. Other than that....stop making me drive around cause you can’t keep track of your iron headcover condoms.

Same experience for me. Luckily it has been several years since I've had to play with someone using them. To me they are the pocket protectors of golf. They remind me of other worthless clothing for inanimate objects such as: doilies, dust ruffles, and chair skirts. Nothing like the logic of needing to swaddle an item that is designed to take a chunk out of the earth at 85 mph.

Do those iron covers have zippers on them? No way I could handle unzipping one for every shot.

They are velcro. And they don't stay on the higher lofted clubs very well.

Same experience for me. Luckily it has been several years since I've had to play with someone using them. To me they are the pocket protectors of golf. They remind me of other worthless clothing for inanimate objects such as: doilies, dust ruffles, and chair skirts. Nothing like the logic of needing to swaddle an item that is designed to take a chunk out of the earth at 85 mph.

Hahaha totally agreed

All iron covers are disgusting.

That bag is a pantry full of all the wrong fixins'.

Guilty though of very briefly using iron covers in the late 90s, early 2000s. Like Chisag, I bought and sold so often, I just wanted to maximize resale. Also like Chisag, I eventually switched to a bag that eliminates iron movement and chatter (Bennington Quiet Organizer for me).

Still use the QO bags but now it's more for the silence, just got used to it. As to bag chatter, I always found it curious why someone may buy the latest $300 putter that highlights its milled face, only to let bag chatter ding up and alter that previously and meticulously machined surface?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember when Johnny Miller made fun of DeChambeau's club brush....and said most guys who carry them couldn't break a 100?

He wasn't wrong.......

I payed to much money for my irons. To not at least make an effort to keep them looking new as long as possible makes no sense to me.

Remember when Johnny Miller made fun of DeChambeau's club brush....and said most guys who carry them couldn't break a 100?

He wasn't wrong.......

When has Johnny Miller ever been right, not on this one apparently.

He wasn't wrong.......
<~~Has a club brush. Breaks 100.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

They are velcro. And they don't stay on the higher lofted clubs very well.

It looks like a zipper pull hanging from the one to the right of the 4-iron.

He wasn't wrong.......

well...

99.999% of golfers that have never broken 100 use a putter

technically correct

I've been playing for 55 yrs. and never knew iron covers existed. Then I bought a pricey set of Seven irons, so gorgeous I don't want dents. Now I like iron covers, almost.

I think iron covers are a smart idea if you swap equipment out a lot and wanted to limit the bag chatter for a resale. For tour pros I don't really see the point but to each their own since I've heard it can be pricey out there if you're not a top player. I actually just read a story about Aaron writing a nice thank you letter and paying back a fellow tour pro because he borrowed some cash from the pro's mother to help pay for a meal recently (I think it was a meal or something else that required cash in the clubhouse). Good on him for paying it back and I hope this win brings the guy some good fortune going forward.

He seems like a good lad. The money he borrowed from Matt Wallace’s mum was actually for a tip, which makes it all the better.
He also has a couple of sponsors who he says are sponsors for life. They are just small firms who backed him when he was 17 and he’s said that just because he’s on tour and a winner he isn’t going to ditch them for bigger companies and more money.
He also travelled his own journey instead of going through the England Golf programme.

Seems he knows what he wants, and what he thinks is right and sticks with it.

His dad is a lovely guy. I was marshalling/ball spotting when they had the Open Qualifying at our place. There had been a lot of rain and we were encouraged to stop anyone walking on the fairways. Mr Rai came wandering down the fairway, and when asked , he apologised and immediately went to the side. I walked the rest of the hole with him, and he was a nice guy. Aaron was in a play off for the final spot and lost to Robert Rock, an experienced pro. Aaron was in his first year on the Challenge Tour at the time.

His dad is a lovely guy. I was marshalling/ball spotting when they had the Open Qualifying at our place. There had been a lot of rain and we were encouraged to stop anyone walking on the fairways. Mr Rai came wandering down the fairway, and when asked , he apologised and immediately went to the side. I walked the rest of the hole with him, and he was a nice guy. Aaron was in a play off for the final spot and lost to Robert Rock, an experienced pro. Aaron was in his first year on the Challenge Tour at the time.

I was listening to a Podcast yesterday and that backed up your experience with Rai Snr. He also reckons he’s watched 80% of the balls hit by Aaron.

Back