Iron Covers on Tour? Yup!

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron Rai won this past weekend and did so with two gloves and a bag full of iron covers. Thoughts?

c2ce26726fb8f4a9785f361ae3d2a16c.jpg

gotta be a superstition thing

It's about dang time they come to their senses! Plenty of positives to iron covers.....but that janky putter cover are....woof. I think the driver is Frankenstein.

Somebody buy that man a new putter cover! That looks like it's seen better days :act-up:

Also read that these may not even be a legit Taylormade product?

Although I swear I've seen these at Dicks

Woah! I'm just not a fan of iron covers, other than maybe for travel. Creepy head cover FTW haha

I don't mind iron covers for two reason, travel possibly and when carrying a bag. The clanking drives me nuts if I don't have ear buds in listening to music.

I think iron covers are a smart idea if you swap equipment out a lot and wanted to limit the bag chatter for a resale. For tour pros I don't really see the point but to each their own since I've heard it can be pricey out there if you're not a top player. I actually just read a story about Aaron writing a nice thank you letter and paying back a fellow tour pro because he borrowed some cash from the pro's mother to help pay for a meal recently (I think it was a meal or something else that required cash in the clubhouse). Good on him for paying it back and I hope this win brings the guy some good fortune going forward.

If I'm his caddy, I'm asking for at least an extra percent of winnings.

My next set of irons will have covers on them. I cannot for the life of me stand the sound of them clanking together.

I use iron covers, but Da!n those are ugly covers.

get the right ones and they look good but dude get a new putter cover

x4mXIEx.jpg

Gross! This thread should have some sort of disclaimer...

Boo this man, boo him!!!

I have a hard time believing this is pro's bag.

You guys are so funny. I’ve laughed out loud at a few of these

Totally against this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's about dang time they come to their senses! Plenty of positives to iron covers.....but that janky putter cover are....woof. I think the driver is Frankenstein.

ya, like no one will steal your irons because they have those stupid things on them

ya, like no one will steal your irons because they have those stupid things on them
Theft deterrent. Boom. How about those much bigger numbers so you don't pull the wrong club? I could go on and on.

I can't stand iron condoms, I don't care if it's a Pro or not.

Recently, due to me being a dumba**, I didn't bring my pushcart to a walking only course so I was forced to carry my bag on my back for the 1st time in 20 years. I gotta admit, it was a great throwback hearing the rhythmic clanking of my irons as I walked. I had my Steelhead XR's in the bag so wasn't worried about chatter.

Back